International Simulation Football League
*Dwyer's Review #3 - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Dwyer's Review #3 (/showthread.php?tid=21943)

*Dwyer's Review #3 - ADwyer87 - 05-08-2020

NSFL Week 4

Results
HON @ ARI - L 17-23

So, i'm not doing this in a typical set up because it frustrated me so I will not dwell on it. We tested at from 46% to 63% if i remember correctly, wildly variable but overall positive. We ended up losing, which is understandable. But it was so frustrating to see the game decision making. losing by 6 when you punted on 2 easy field goal attempts is frustrating, and then add on being 7 yards short of the game sealing TD still, ugh. I'm moving on lol.

NSFL Week 5

Moving into this week with only one win and sitting last in the division was not what we were hoping for, even if we knew we were gonna struggle this first season. We knew this would be a tough matchup, but we hoped we could pull a win out of it and maybe salvage this season.

Strats
So we were testing for this game, and it took a long time to get to something we were happy about. That being said, Raven managed to get us to hit 44%, which we felt was pretty much the best we could ask for against a team like NOLA

Results
NOLA @ HON - W 35-24

This was a great result, the only negative really was that us whooping New Orleans hurt my fantasy team hehe. Not only to win, but to never trail in the game and to score the most points of the whole week was really cool! And on top of that WE ARE IN A PLAYOFF SPOT FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER!

Havran finishes his 5th week without an interception here. Despite our game being very run heavy, This was definitely Havran's best game of the season. He dotted up opposing defenses and set up our offense very nicely. Kāne-Maikaʻi caught a season high and team leading 7 catches. Jed Podolak and Jacoby Clay each got over 70 yards on the day, with Podolak scoring his 4th TD of the season.

Our run game was dominant. Ruff Ruff put together another 100 yard game to continue leading the league, and surely made people very happy with a 3 TD game. Kāne-Maikaʻi had his highest carries with 23 and highest yards with 77, adding in a touchdown himself for good measure.

The defense's game was very impressive, themselves holding the offense to only 266 total yards. Selich and Wozniak led the team with 7 tackles, but Emoji was the star of the show, having 2 PDs and an interception

Rookie Spotlight

Keʻokeʻo Kāne-Maikaʻi - Kāne-Maikaʻi had yet another productive couple of games. He kept his 50 yard rushing streak alive with 50 in week 4 and 77 in week 5. Against NOLA he really became a factor with a season high 30 touches

William Alexander - William Alexander has had a bit of a hard time getting catches. Through the last 2 games he only managed to get 3 catches for 28 yards

Momona Keiki-Kāne - Keiki-Kāne may not have the best stats, but he makes the most of the ones he gets. He only has 2 tackles the last 2 games, but made them a TFL and a sack

Logan Noble Jr. - Logan Noble Jr. dominated week 4 against arizona, finishing with 6 tackles, second on the team. He also added a sack that week, as well as two tackles the following week.

DSFL Week 3 & 4

After a crappy start to the season, and a very rough week of errors, Tijuana was more ready than ever to get some games played. After a 2-0 sim before the re-sim, anything other than perfection would have been met with disappointment.

Results
MBB @ TIJ - W 27-21
TIJ @ MINN - W 30-22

And good news for us, we got the two wins! Both were close. Admittedly i did not watch the stream for these, but looking at the box score it looks like these came down to the wire.

My player was only able to get tackles. While 6 tackles for a defensive tackle isnt bad, I would much rather prefer some sacks or TFLs.

The QB battle in Tijuana got real interesting with each QB playing great football. The two combined for 3 TDs and 1 INT. Vequain seems like the favorite target in the Luchadore offense, being on the receiving end of nearly 40% of the passing yards.

RB seemed to be revitalized against Myrtle Beach. Gilbert passed 100 yards with a TD, and Running Back managed 88 yards and a TD of his own. Against Minnesota it got a little harder, but Gilbert still managed to tally another TD on the season.

Jacob Small was dominant in the kicking department. He hit 5 field goals in this pair of games, including two from beyond 40 yards, and he went 6/6 on extra points as well. He even improved in punts as well, pinning 3 of his 12 punts inside the 20, and nearly averaging 50 yards per punt against Minnesota. Sadly, the Tijuana Wall finally gave in after a sack was given up by an offensive lineman in both games this week. Kevin Malone did lead the team though with an impressive 12 pancakes.

On defense, Griffin Porter led the team with 17 tackles. However the real story of the two weeks was the excellent pass protection. Ozamataz Buckshank finished with 5 PDs and an interception, very impressive stats. Howard Ryan also managed an interception against Myrtle Beach. Junior Lopez and Tycker Ohm were the stories in the backfield. Both of them managed 3 TFLs each in the two games, with Lopez managing another 2 sacks on top of that

Send Down Spotlight

Buck Thornton - Thornton managed 9 tackles with one for a loss, but his real gem came with an incredible pick six against the Luchadores. He is growing into the role of a ball hawking safety

Shawn Dawkins - while Thornton seems to be developing his coverage, Dawkins remains a tackle first safety. He managed 8 total tackles in the wins against the Birddogs and the Royals

Jack Banks - Banks absolutely destroyed the competition these two games. He managed 17 tackles, but the most impressive stat is the mind blowing FOUR sacks in a game he managed against the Birddogs. Monterey is gonna need some ice packs after that game

Luke Skywalker - It was a tale of two games for Skywalker. Against London he was automatic, completing 75% of his passes and tossing 2 TDs. Against the Birddogs the force wasnt with him, as he tossed a pick, went 4 for 14, and was benched for Ramza. Which Skywalker will we see going forward?

Bayden Brosley - On the flip side to Banks, Brosley didnt have a super impressive showing against the Birddogs. however, against the Royals he was solid, getting 6 tackles and also 2 PDs

Daymond Brooks - Brooks has become much more of a weapon in the Grey Ducks' arsenal. He managed to lead the team in catches against Kansas City, and also had 100 yards worth of kick returns against the Luchadores.

Ozamataz Buckshank - As said above, Buckshank was a standout this pair of games. While he only got 6 tackles, his 5 PDs far and away led the team. with one of them resulting in an interception

Jim Waters - Waters really kept up his case to be the top QB for the Luchadores in these two weeks. He managed to put up almost 200 yards on 21/32 passing, and added a touchdown along with no interceptions. He is looking like a steal more and more.

Tristan Hex - After a great workout day, Hex finally managed to get himself onto the field for week 4 against the Seawolves. It seems like the adjustment was hard for him though, with him only managing one catch for 5 yards and letting up a sack

James Carson - Carson had a pretty rough go at things, finishing with just 2 pancakes and 1 sack allowed. He is hoping to rebound in the next few weeks.

Nick Jones - Jones got into his first action of the season, however it was rather disappointing. While he got a pancake against the Buccaneers, he merely managed 2 carries for no gain and one catch for a yard against the Grey Ducks

Nicholas Stone - Stone had a little bit of a pedestrian week, with only 5 tackles, a TFL, and a PD to show for his efforts as a starter

IA, DNP - Mark Radson (MBB), Le Kick (POR), Landon Moore (DAL), Xaq Schiaparelli (DAL), Rico Martinez (MBB), Jason Kreuscher (MBB), Pierre Voodoo (DAL), Chauncey Morrison (MINN), John Nesbitt (TIJ), David Banner (DAL), Dude Doggo (KCC), Buster Nelson (KCC), Johnnie McCartney (DAL), Buster Holiday (LON), DeSean Hill (DAL), DeShawn Jones (KCC)

DSFL Free Agents - Swift Willy, Montgomery Mantooth, Cal Cutta, Scott Scott, Rickety Cricket, BooBoo Rodgers, Farrior Deschain, Max McClure, Dan Jackson

Fantasy Group 20

1. @Daybe - 510.58 (-)
2. @iseedoug - 478.68 (+2)
3. @ADwyer87 - 439.6 (-)
4. @Muford - 362.2 (-2)
5. @Raheem James - 97.54 (-)
6. @NamelessNate - 0 (-)

Top QB - Jay Cue - 28.72 - daybe (W5)
Bottom QB - Cooter Bigsby - 8.44 - iseedoug (W4)

Top RB - Mattias Hamyadi - 24.3 - daybe (W4)
Bottom RB - Sam Torenson - 6.9 - Muford (W4)

Top WR - Rod Tidwell - 20 - daybe (W5)
Bottom WR - Hugh Mongo - 2.5 - Muford (W4)

Top TE - Austin McCormick - 7.8 - ADwyer87 (W4)
Bottom TE - Earl Sauce - 0.3 - Muford (W5)

Top K - Alex Dasistwirklichseinnachname - 13 - daybe (W5)
Bottom K - Alfredo Crisco - 0 - Muford (W4)

Top DEF - Colorado - 17 - iseedoug (W5)
Bottom DEF - New Orleans - -2.8 - Muford (W4)

So here we see the rise of iseedoug to a legitimate contender. We also see Muford fall to incredible depths, with 5 of the bottom 6 performances. daybe continues to mix mediocre performances with all world stats, getting 4 of the top 6 performances but not able to distance himself from the pack just yet. Overall I'm still waiting for my team do do something damn special. Everything seems to be going well, but I cant seem to get any truly GREAT performances.

Anyways, thats all I got. Just barely got this up before the stream ends, so I can include those games for another day hehe. peace!

Code:
1703 words

*Dwyer's Review #3 - slothfacekilla - 05-08-2020

Good stuff!

*Dwyer's Review #3 - Dewalt27 - 05-11-2020

3rd in fantasy? get it together!

*Dwyer's Review #3 - YoungTB - 05-11-2020

That's my husband yall