International Simulation Football League
*USA vs The World: Rosters Announced - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *USA vs The World: Rosters Announced (/showthread.php?tid=21984)

Pages: 1 2 3

*USA vs The World: Rosters Announced - Thor - 05-11-2020

Welcome to the inaugral USA vs The World game!

[Image: usa.png] vs [Image: world.png]

(Yes these logos are shamelessly stolen from SHL)

With the SHL running international tournaments based off players nationalities, I thought it would be a great idea to look at implementing a similar style of game here in the NSFL. The idea was simple, collect the nationalities of each player and determine (based solely off TPE) the best line-ups for each country. In practice, there are very few countries other than the USA that are capable of filling the whole line-up on a team (read: none), so instead we have brought all of the other nations together to battle it out with the creators of the game of American Football, the USA.

Assembling the roster for the World team took a lot more effort than I'm willing to admit, but the qualifiers were as follows:
Must be an current player in the NSFL or DSFL (No retired players allowed, sorry)
Must be born outside of the USA (Anywhere outside, for example Baby Yoda born on Dagobah counts)

and that's it!

What made this so very difficult is a lack of database that lists every international player, I started with wikipedia as I knew there were categories for certain nationalities and that was a great help to get me started. Unfortunately as many of you would know, this is hardly a comprehensive list - so I had to revert to manually checking every single roster page through every NSFL team for birthplaces. Oh, but guess what? A lot of people have no birthplace referenced on their player page in the team roster, so for those players I had to cross reference their wiki (if they had one) to check if they had a birthplace there. Any players with no birthplace listed at all (both wiki and player page) were deemed inelligible for either team.

Assembling the roster for the USA team was a bit easier with the qualifiers being as follows:
Must be an current player in the NSFL or DSFL (No retired players, again)
Must be born inside of the USA

With that we end up with two distinct rosters, one team made up of the best international players from all over the world, and one team made up of the best of the players born in the United States of America.

I will be inputting these rosters into DDSPF16 using the Week 7 final player file, and running a simulation game which I hope to stream for everyone as an exhibition game in the very near future. Before I am able to do this I am just waiting on a few DSFL players to submit builds to me utilising all of their TPE (as they are currently capped at 250, but all of those included in the roster have more banked for when they're called up to the NSFL). I would also ideally like to find a somewhat experienced GM (maybe previous GMs could help out) for both Team World, and Team USA to design strategies and depth charts for their teams based on the rosters provided, if this interests you please contact me either here or via discord (thor#0300), you do not have to be on the team you want to GM for - but must have a player that would be elligible for it.

Lastly before giving you your first view at the rosters, I'd like to say that when I first began this experiment I fully expected Team World roster to be blown out of the water by Team USA and was surprised at the significant amount of talent available in the end for both teams, which should make for a much more interesting game than I had planned.

Without further adieu, the rosters:

Team USA - [Image: usa.png]

OFFENSE

Quarterback
Wolfie McDummy
Easton Cole
Cooter Bigsby

Running Back
Sam Torenson
Forrest Gump
Ashley Owens

Tight End
Austin McCormick
Earl Sauce
Avon Blocksdale Jr.
Johnny Blaze

Wide Receiver
Hugh Mongo
Nacho Varga
Saba Donut
Dexter Banks II
Rod Tidwell
Nate Swift

Offensive Line
Givussafare Rubbe
Byron Dolls
Calvin Golladay
Samuel Bakthiari
Douglas Quail

DEFENSE

Defensive Tackle
Bubba Thumper
Bjørn Ironside
Brayden Ennis

Defensive End
Nero Alexander
Immanuel Blackstone
Kyle Idlewyld

Linebacker
Mo Berry
Quenton Bode
Lanzer Grievous
Honda Edmond

Cornerback
David Rector
Korrin Abernathy
Emondov Emoji

Safety
Walt Green
Richard D'Attoria V
Mason Blaylock

SPECIAL TEAMS

Kicker
Venus Powers

Punter
Dougie Smalls

Congratulations to all those selected for team USA!

If you were snubbed but have a higher recorded TPE than the players listed feel free to contact me, as adjustments can be made - and it's likely I will have to include a few more players (which I have a list of alternates ready to go for) to make the minimum position requirements of the sim.

Team World - [Image: world.png]

OFFENSE

Quarterback
Franklin Armstrong - CAN
Corvo Havran - CZE
Jay Cue - POR

Running Back
Mako Mendonca - UK
Marcella Toriki - NZ
Baby Yoda - DAG

Tight End
Peter Larson - DEN
Jammerson Irving - CAN
Leon McDavid - CAN
Jeffrey Phillips - CAN
Heath Evans - AUS (I technically don't make the cut off with 4TEs but I made this list so I do what I want, deal with it)

Wide Receiver
Bender Rodriquez - MEX
Future Trunks - JAP
Eddie Jeeta - UK
Thomas Passman - TZA
Michael Witheblock - AUT
William Lim - SK

Offensive Line
Lazlo Forty-Two - HUN
Edmond Beaver-Dantes - KEN
Brave Ulysses - UK
Bruce Buckley - AUS
Simon Tremblay - CAN

DEFENSE

Defensive Tackle
Shane Masters - AUS
Thorian Skarsgard - NOR
Cuco Clemente - DOM

Defensive End
Fabrico Baldari - INT
Steco Ocewilder - UK
Ben Tu'inukuafe - NZ

Linebacker
Tyron Brackenridge - CAN
Maurice Virtanen - FIN
Tony Gabagool - CAN
Mike Hockhertz - CAN

Cornerback
Dermot Lavelle Jr. - CAN
Lucas Knight - MEX
Mervin Leonard - CAN

Safety
Tyrone Biggums - CAN
Prince Vegeta - CAN
Awkward Sexjoke - CAN

SPECIAL TEAMS

Kicker
Alex Dasistwirklichseinnachname - GER

Punter
Matther McDairmad - SCO

Congratulations to all those players selected for Team World.

Again, if you've been left off this list and you're an international player that has higher TPE than those listed, let me know.

It's entirely possible that I made some mistakes with these lists, so if you spot one please advise. I also reserve the right to adjust these lists as I see fit to ensure the game simulates properly (the number of players at each position was made up on the fly based on... absolutely nothing) and to accurately reflect the nationality of the players involved.

I look forward to preparing this game and presenting it to everyone for your viewing pleasure! Hopefully this even has potential to be a regular (every two-four seasons) event, or even a NSFL sanctioned official event!

*USA vs The World: Rosters Announced - AdamS - 05-11-2020

Team World got a shot here.

*USA vs The World: Rosters Announced - qWest - 05-11-2020

Great work here! I'm certain this took a ridiculous amount of time, so thank you for putting this together! Even if I am a bit sad to be knocked out of Team World by a child from a different, fictional planet (heck you Baby Yoda).

*USA vs The World: Rosters Announced - CLG Rampage - 05-11-2020

owens over me LUL

(05-11-2020, 05:38 PM)AdamS Wrote:Team World got a shot here.

The strength of the team genuinely surprised me!

(05-11-2020, 05:41 PM)qWest Wrote:Great work here! I'm certain this took a ridiculous amount of time, so thank you for putting this together! Even if I am a bit sad to be knocked out of Team World by a child from a different, fictional planet (heck you Baby Yoda).

Thanks, it was a bit of a timesink but all good fun discovering more and more international players as I went! Maybe it should have been called Team Universe...

(05-11-2020, 05:58 PM)CLG Rampage Wrote:owens over me LUL

Please refer to you know, the post the list is in:

(05-11-2020, 05:29 PM)Feeler Wrote:(based solely off TPE)

Thanks. Edit: git gud

(05-11-2020, 03:05 AM)Feeler Wrote:Thanks. Edit: git gud

>in the running for opoty
>currently the best RB in the league (probably)

:thonking:

forreal though, great list. I do think you should look at the index, though I know that's gonna suck, cause TPE isn't everything.

(05-11-2020, 06:17 PM)CLG Rampage Wrote:forreal though, great list. I do think you should look at the index, though I know that's gonna suck, cause TPE isn't everything.

Yeah I could potentially consider using that as an additional metric in the future, but for now I wanted a look at everyone disregarding team usage and the like, I know TPE isn't everything but in this case it was the easiest, simplest and least subjective comparative measuring stick in an topic that already demanded a significant amount of research in other areas.

*USA vs The World: Rosters Announced - sakrosankt - 05-11-2020

Oh cool, I have a Team World nomination, thanks!
Awesome idea, I like it

S22 WR class is very international, 4 nominations in Team World

*USA vs The World: Rosters Announced - Matty7478 - 05-11-2020

Team world best world