International Simulation Football League
*DSFL MVP Rankings (Thru Week 7) - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *DSFL MVP Rankings (Thru Week 7) (/showthread.php?tid=22014)

*DSFL MVP Rankings (Thru Week 7) - nickyvmlp - 05-12-2020

Hey, I’m doing one of these for the new guys now. The DSFL is structured just a little bit differently from the big leagues. You can only do so much when your TPE caps out at 250, certain positions can’t get as good, and there’s way more depth in the D-league, so it’s harder to get serious volume. But it’s still fun to take a crack at deciding who the most valuable player in the league is, so here goes nothing. Same rule as before, you gotta be active to be in the running, sorry Tequila Sunrise.

Honorable mentions start with Mike Karpaasi (Seawolves DE, @puolivalmiste), who’s tied for the league lead in sacks with five, and is second in TFLs. Chris Ramos (Buccaneers QB, @PointGod) is leading the league in passing touchdowns and passer rating, it’s just a shame his accuracy is in the dumpster. Mikel van Perkins (Royals CB, @Pavel Pipowitsch) has a co-lead on interceptions, and a co-second on deflections. Friedrich Vequain (Luchadores WR, @Sutj) and Nick Kaepercolin (Royals WR, @Highhaschdi) are neck-and-neck for the receiving yards title, and at this rate will be 1A and 1B for WR of the Year. Nicholas Ayers (Buccaneers RB, @Faded) would definitely be higher if he wasn’t getting only half the carries in Myrtle Beach, but even with the limited volume, he’s still producing like an RB1. And finally, Hingle McCringleberry (Birddogs LB, @Jmac NCheese) leads all linebackers in TFLs and deflections, and has stats in nearly every meaningful category, so he’s probably just a sack or two away from topping Blade McCoy. Speaking of...

6: Blade McCoy ( DAL LB, @Blaster): 63 tackles, 1 TFL, 3 FF
Best game: Week 1 vs. Minnesota, 16 tackles, 1 TFL, 2 FF

Birddog teammates Hingle McCringleberry and Blade McCoy make an interesting “jack of all trades vs. master of a couple” debate, and right now, Blade McCoy is putting up some really eye-opening stats. He’s leading the league in both tackles and forced fumbles, including a monsterous 16-tackle game against the Grey Ducks, a single-game high for all DSFL players. The only problem is besides the tackles and forced fumbles, he doesn’t have much else to his name, but you have to be impressed with those tackles and fumbles.

5. 3’ Jeffrey ( BBB RB, @JSS): 122 attempts, 591 yards, 2 TD
Best game: Week 1 at Portland, 25 attempts, 135 yards, 1 TD

Do you pronounce this guy’s name, “Three Foot Jeffrey”? Is he three feet tall? Maybe that’s why he’s so hard to tackle? Whatever the reason, Jeffrey is a hard man to bring down, averaging 4.8 yards per carry, third among backs with at least 100 carries. What’s even crazier is that he’s getting about 50-50 of the carries because of honorable mentionist Nicholas Ayers. And not only that, he’s also doing this with the lowest TPE of anyone in the Buccaneers running corps, or really anyone else in the MVP conversation. He’s performing way above expectations, especially in his debut where he helped crush the Pythons. This is a guy to watch out for, the sim seems to love him.

4. Jack Banks ( NOR LB, @TheRocheLimit): 45 tackles, 1 TFL, 2 FF, 1 FR, 5 sacks, 1 INT, 3 deflections, 1 TD
Best game: Week 4 vs. Dallas, 9 tackles, 4 sacks, 1 deflection

I flip-flopped on who should be the higher defensive player for a while here, Banks or Goku, and honestly, you could still talk me into either one. Here’s the case for Jack Banks: he seems to do something new and exciting every few weeks. In Week 2, he forced a fumble, got a sack, and recovered another fumble, all on separate plays of THE SAME DRIVE. In Week 4, he terrorized Monty Jack, sacking him four times. And most recently in Week 6, he scored on a pick-six, while also forcing another fumble and recording seven tackles. There are times when he just puts up like six or seven tackles, and that’s all. But when Jack Banks gets cooking, he’s extremely fun to watch.

3. Son Goku ( KCC DE, @Naosu): 41 tackles, 8 TFL, 1 FF, 1 FR, 5 sacks
Best game: Week 2 vs. Norfolk, 5 tackles, 1 TFL, 1 FF, 1 FR, 2 sacks

Son Goku is doing something very interesting, the numbers that he’s putting up look like those of a linebacker, with a tied-league-leading five sacks. But he’s not a linebacker, he’s a defensive end, and he’s also fourth in the league in TFLs. Plus, he’s also leading all D-linemen in tackles, and when I say leading, I mean he’s almost got double the next closest DL. He’s gotta be the runaway favorite for DE of the Year. Even though he plays at a position that shouldn’t get a lot of numbers, Goku is putting up numbers, and really good ones too. A couple of times this season, he’s even been good for double-digit tackles So the fact that he is putting up numbers like that should be respected and applauded.

2. Colby Jack ( LON QB, @flyeaglesfly29): 1157 yards, 60.2% completion, 7 TD, 5 INT, 80.3 Rating
Best game: Week 1 vs. Kansas City, 17/30, 181 yards, 3 TD, 1 INT, 93.9 Rating

You don’t see a lot of quarterbacks really succeed in the DSFL in terms of statistics. It’s been years since any QB has come even close to averaging 200 yards per game, but Colby Jack is there, and he’s been playing really well. Well enough to make you think his eventual rise to the major leagues will be rather seamless. He looks like someone who could be a starter in the majors tomorrow, and not be a fish out of water like some rookies are. He may not be putting up Armstrong-esque numbers, but for what we expect from a DSFL QB, he’s putting up MVP numbers for this league.

1. Jamar Lackson ( MIN RB, @BenDover): 168 attempts, 681 yards, 4 TD, 1 PR TD
Best game: Week 2 at Minnesota, 29 attempts, 137 yards, 1 TD, 1 PR TD

In this league, it’s hard not to look at the best running back in the league and not say “that guy is the MVP”, and it helps that he’s also one of the league’s best punt returners. Lackson leads all active backs in rushing yards, all players in punt return yards, and is second in rushing touchdowns. Minnesota is the only team in the league that only employs one running back, so Lackson is raking in the carries. The yards per carry isn’t the best in the world, but that may just be because he’s such an integral piece of the Grey Duck puzzle. Lackson’s on top right now, but I feel like this is still anyone’s game. Lackson will need to keep this up if he wants to stay in the driver’s seat.

1181 words .

*DSFL MVP Rankings (Thru Week 7) - Highhaschdi - 05-12-2020

Nice to see this for the DSFL.
Proud to be a honorable mention and in the discussion for WROTY.
LON LON LON

*DSFL MVP Rankings (Thru Week 7) - BenDover - 05-12-2020

Thanks for making one of these for the DSFL! Surprised to see I'm at the top of the list!

*DSFL MVP Rankings (Thru Week 7) - TheRocheLimit - 05-12-2020

This is awesome! Thanks for the kind words!

*DSFL MVP Rankings (Thru Week 7) - Faded - 05-12-2020

Even though I may be an honorable mention, I believe that I still can be in contention of RBOTY. Thanks Nick!

*DSFL MVP Rankings (Thru Week 7) - Blaster - 05-12-2020

Thanks for including me in the rankings!

*DSFL MVP Rankings (Thru Week 7) - Jmac NCheese - 05-12-2020

Thanks for the honorable mention shout out, working real hard to help get @Blaster up that list!!! Would be nice to get on there too but he is the tackling king atm!!!