International Simulation Football League
sapp2013 S2 Mock Draft 1.0 - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: sapp2013 S2 Mock Draft 1.0 (/showthread.php?tid=2202)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

sapp2013 S2 Mock Draft 1.0 - sapp2013 - 07-15-2017

This article is written by newcomer sapp2013. He has little experience, but has shown promise with his analytics and ability to value player talent. This Mock Draft reflects the needs of teams while also looking at how a player will turn out in the future.

Round 1

#1 Overall – Wraiths – Dermot Lavelle, CB
This is almost a consensus pick here and it works very well for the wraiths who traded up to this spot. The Wraiths are hoping to have the best defense next year by pairing him up with their other star defensive backs. He may not be the best player in this draft at this point in time, but his potential is limitless and could be a perennial Probowler in this league. Last season, he was picked up by the Wraiths and played phenomenally, racking up the second most pass deflections and third most interceptions in the league. It is almost unfair to allow him to enter this draft. He is my early pick for Rookie of the Year.

#2 Overall – Yetis – Greg Clegane, OL
Greg had an OK season with the Otters last season racking up an impressive 40 pancakes, but also allowing 7 sacks on the season. Even though the Otters would love him to come back, The Yetis hold the #2 spot in this front heavy draft. With Offensive Linemen being scarce and overpopulated by BigboysTM, It seems like a safe choice for the Yetis to make in this position.

#3 Overall – Outlaws – Tim Pest, OL
Again, The draft is front heavy and every team is in need of very good Offensive Linemen. Tim Pest is a perfect fit for the Outlaws. Having just helped them to the first World Championship win, The outlaws would love his locker room presence and his leadership once again on the team. He did lead the league in sacks this past year, but the 42 pancakes is a great welcome to the team. If he continues to improve, he will become a nice center piece in a team that hopes to repeat last year’s feat multiple times in the foreseeable future.

#4 overall – Hawks – Blaster Blade, DE
Maybe He slipped a little bit here, and it would have been nice teaming up with Tuck again, but he will fit much better with the Hawks as their #1 option. Blaster had the 2nd most tackles for a loss, forced a couple of fumbles, and having 7 sacks really showed what he was capable of doing this past year and really helped to push the Outlaws to the playoffs. Hopefully this pick will help push the hawks to the position they need to get to.

#5 Overall – Wraiths – Vincent Sharpei, OL
Vincent does not quite match up to the other two that went before him, but he is the clear #3 lineman in this draft. He would have loved being drafted by his team from last year, the hawks, but He should be happy with what the Wraiths plan to do with their team. He should be a good fit in their already great offensive line and may be a part of the best line for this upcoming year.

# 6 overall – Otters – Christiano Ronaldo, K
It may come as quite the surprising pick, but the Otters seemed to be pleased with his production and are in real need of a kicker. If he can continue his play from last year, he should improve quite well and could change a result or two with better place kicking.

#7 Overall – Liberty – Fox North, WR
This is the Liberty’s first pick! What an exciting moment, and with that, they pick an exciting player, Fox North. Even though he did not contribute much this first year, he really worked hard in the offseason and is coming back in much better shape than he was last year. He will be known for his big play ability and should be a huge addition to this upstart team. He will have to play a big roll though in this upcoming season, but everyone has high hopes for both the team and the prospect. It may be a bit of a streach, but many are comparing him to Andre Johnson of the NFL and how he Helped to jumpstart the newly formed Texans. The Only problem is that Johnson never got his team to the superbowl, so North has that going against him.

#8 Overall – Sabercats - Darnell Turner, CB
The Sabercats are hoping to turn around from their abysmal season, starting 1-7 and ending on a 3-3 run, granted 3 of their 4 wins came against the two top teams of the season. With the Sabercats being ranked 7th in points against and last in points for, They need help on both sides of the ball, and Darnell seems to be the best person to bolster either side of the ball. The Sabercats will be very happy with the production that they receive from Turner.

Round 2

Pick 1 – Wraiths – Bork Bjornsson, DT
The Wraiths, with already their third pick of the draft take another stud of a player to keep with their defense first mindset. Bork will be a great addition to the team. Even though he may be considered raw at this point in his career, he still has more athleticism that most other DTs in the league and if he really refines his skills over the next couple of years, we may be seeing a future hall of famer, or dare I say, the GOAT of Defensive Tackles. Maybe I am getting ahead of myself, but you also heard it from me first.

Pick 2 – Liberty – Rich Gucci, TE
Liberty is again pulling another stud of a player on the offensive end, and this time it is in the form of Rich Gucci out of Boston College. He played Very well for Colorado, catching 41 passes and 3 touchdowns to help the Yetis reach the Championship. He did catch 4 passes for 27 yards, but failed to score in the championship game and may be seen as “not clutch”. However, this was against last year’s arguably best defense in the league. Will this hurt his reputation and have him slip further down draft boards? We shall see.

Pick 3 – Sabercats – Jordan Yates, OL
In the 4 regular season games that he played in, he recorded 7 pancakes and only allowed 1 sack. Even though it might not be seen as an amazing performance, it was a good start to his career and should show that he will be a good fit for any team, especially the Sabercats who were plagued with sacks all season. A steady starter will really help their offense get on the roll that they need and maybe force their way into the playoffs in their second season.

Pick 4 – Hawks – Ragnar Kronen, S
The first Safety taken off of the Board is Ragnar, which should not be a surprise to most. He will be able to make an Immediate impact on the worst defense from a year ago. Ragnar might not have the potential of other Safeties such as Roman Thomas (more on him later), but he will be able to fit in right now and help set the direction that the Hawks want to head in.

Pick 5 – Wraiths – Dustin Evans, WR
The Wraiths understand that this is a top heavy draft and are going all in to try to grab all the talent possible. They are putting themselves in a great position to contend for the championship next season. The addition of Dustin Evans is evidence of that. They lost some of their Talent from last season to the draft, but they are bolstering their WR corps here and will give their quarterback some nice targets to throw to. Dustin will have to battle for the #2 WR position, but that should deter Fantasy owners from picking him up as a nice flex option.

Pick 6 – Otters – Scott Timlin, OL
Scott did not have a good first season. He allowed 5 sacks in 5 games and only registered 8 pancakes, but teams have been saying nothing but praise since his pro day earlier this year. I think teams may stretch for him this year mainly because of the lack of talent that is later in the draft.

Pick 7 – Yetis – Connor MacManus, OL
Connor is a nice safe pick, especially for the Yetis who want to get back to the championship game. He comes as you see him. He gets pancakes, allows a few sacks, and really sets up the run game. We don’t really expect him to become a perennial probowler, but he is a career player that will do what is needed to win.

Pick 8 – Outlaws – Ben Green, DT
He only played in 4 regular season games and really did not show up much in the box score, only recording one tackle and a single sack. However, his strengths come off of the box score, assisting his defense in taking up space on the line and not allowing anything up the middle. He is quite the sleeper pick and I believe in the Outlaws ability to see this and grab him when the time is right.

Round 3
Pick 1 – Liberty – Dwane Barton, CB
Pick 2 – Hawks – Brokk Lee, OL
Pick 3 – Sabercats – Ardie Savea, RB
Pick 4 – Hawks – Roman Thomas, S
Pick 5 – Liberty – Ryan Lecavalier, WR
Pick 6 – Otters – James Lilico, S
Pick 7 – Liberty – Kyle Cobb, RB
Pick 8 – Outlaws – Paul Dimirio, TE
This round really saw a decrease in talent, but still viable options for each team. The pick that stands out is Ardie Savea, RB from Rongotai College in New Zealand. He is trying to make his way to football after being a star Rugby player for the past couple years. He may have trouble adjusting to the culture and style of play that comes from football, but we know from previous converts that Rugby players typically turn out well in the league. Hopefully the trend stays true. Liberty grabs 3 more offensive playmakers that haven’t really got their name out much since the combine. A lot of teams do not see the talent of these players, but maybe these are the steals of the draft. Only time will tell.

Round 4
Pick 1 – Wraiths – Darlane Farlane, RB
Pick 2 – Liberty – Eric Kennedy, RB
Pick 3 – Sabercats – Drew Davidson, DE
Pick 4 – Hawks – Frederick Smith, DT
Pick 5 – Wraiths – Typical Newenglander, DT
Pick 6 – Otters – John Baker, WR
Pick 7 – Liberty – Avon Blocksdale, OL
Pick 8 – Outlaws – Matthew Vincent, WR
The Wraiths adding Darlane and Typical is just adding to their already strong draft so far. Darlane should be an immediate help as a backup and a change of pace back. Typical will stand out early, but not sure how he will do down the line. The Hawks need immediate attention on the Defensive side and that is what Typical brings to the table. He will be a starting piece, but if he does not pan out well, he may see his minutes diminishing. John Baker and Matthew Vincent are both decent wide outs. Baker and Vincent always had a nice Statistical Battle in SEC play, both going over 150 yards in each of their 3 regular season games and each having the game of their careers in the 2016 SEC championship game, with Baker going 9 receptions for 232 yards and 1 td and Vincent having 13 receptions for 114 yards and 3 tds. Baker seems to win this battle by going 2 picks before Vincent, however, Vincent has already racked up some experience with a TD last season and helping the Outlaws win the first World Championship last season. It will be fun to watch this rivalry pan out, especially with the Otters and Outlaws already having a fierce first season going back and forth with toppling each other.

Round 5
Pick 1 – Liberty – Buster Brownce, OL
Pick 2 – Hawks – John Ross, WR
Pick 3 – Outlaws – Pat Pancake, OL
Pick 4 – Hawks – Alonzo Charles, OL
Pick 5 – Liberty – Jesse Sanderson, TE
Pick 6 – Otters – Kevin Cushing, LB
Pick 7 – Yetis – Carmel Gibson, TE
Pick 8 – Outlaws – Owen Taylor, DE
John Ross coming out of Canada was a real surprise, but has been absolutely phenomenal at the combine and his pro day. Many people did not know of him until his final game at Ottawa, but really came onto the scene with a highlight tape that was dropped by Ochocinco which caught a lot of people’s attention. Also in this round, Jesse Sanderson and Kevin Cushing will be great pickups that will help add depth to their teams. Owen Taylor is a surprise pick as well, but the Outlaws are really hurting at depth for that position and will need to grab him now and not risk losing out on him if that wait until the next round.

Round 6
Pick 1 – Legion – Rashad Tarkenton, K
Pick 2 – Liberty – Mac Donald, DE
Pick 3 – Sabercats – Micah Hendrix, OL
Pick 4 – Sabercats – Chidubem Okonkwo, DE
Pick 5 – Sabercats – Brett Dodggy, OL
Pick 6 – Otters – Jupiter Oaks, LB
Pick 7 – Yetis – Isaiah McGinn, S
Pick 8 – Outlaws – Xavier Newman, CB
Legion gets their first pick of the franchise and they select a Kicker. It’s a bold strategy that we will have to see if it pays off. Rashad is definitely the best player remaining in the draft, but with all other teams having viable options at kicker, would this be the best time to select the kicker? The Legion will definitely need to think hard on this pick, but with all of the moves they made to acquire talent before the draft and losing out on earlier picks, this might be one of the few positions that they have yet to fill. Other than the Legion, the Sabercats went hard in this round, taking two Offensive Linemen and a Defensive End in three consecutive picks. These are almost all project players, but if they are developed correctly, the Sabercats could be a dangerous team in a couple of seasons. We better watch out for them in the future.

Round 7
Pick 1 – Liberty – Marc Spector, CB
Pick 2 – Sabercats – Perry Tucker, TE
Pick 3 – Sabercats – Darren Smallwood, WR
Pick 4 – Hawks – Ottokar Von Gerhardt, DE
Pick 5 – Wraiths – Luke Luechly, LB
Pick 6 – Otters – Domantas Sabonis, RB
Pick 7 – Yetis – Jordan Smith, WR
Pick 8 – Outlaws – Johnny Rocket, WR
The Sabercats grab two more consecutive picks giving their QB more options to throw to with Perry Tucker and Darren Smallwood. Perry is a little underrated and would be a great pick at this point in the draft while Darren started to fall a while ago with a bad PR move on twitter. Hopefully he can get his reputation back up with his performance on the field. The Sabercats are one team that is willing to risk a pick on the potential great upside of smallwood. Other players in this round that are brought to my attention are Luke Luechly and Johnny Rocket. Luke should be a good fit with the wraiths as an additional Linebacker to help with rotations on defense. His relentless drive might also thrust him into a starting position early on in the season. Johnny Rocket is also a curios case. Many believe that he should go higher, but micro football nomics stats that if there is a high supply and low demand, the price to pick him up should drop. Johnny is suffering from a very deep WR class, but should stand out after a couple of seasons if everything goes well.

Round 8
Pick 1 – Sabercats – CA Chess, WR
Pick 2 – Hawks – Kristoffer O’Sullivan, CB
Pick 3 – Sabercats – Hingle Mcringleberry, LB
Pick 4 – Hawks – Santana Moss, WR
Pick 5 – Wraiths – Braden Sharp, OL
Pick 6 – Otters – Leon Morgan, CB
Pick 7 – Yetis – Bernard Forthward, OL
Pick 8 – Outlaws – Luke Chunk, LB
Round eight has the Sabercats grabbing 2 more picks and really taking over the middle to late rounds, having 7 of 17 picks through just over two rounds. We really don’t know how chess and Mcringleberry will turn out, but what we do know is that the Sabrecats are bringing in a lot of high risk, high reward players. They may be the NSFL version of the Philadelphia 76ers, or better known as “The Process”. We will see if they can pull off such a feat.

Round 9
Pick 1 – Liberty – Gui Worthy, OL
Pick 2 – Legion – Christian Adams, QB
Pick 3 – Sabercats – Torque Lewith, QB
Pick 4 – Hawks – Tyler Oles, CB
Pick 5 – Wraiths – Shawn Brady, QB
Pick 6 – Otters – Teez Tobin, RB
Pick 7 – Yetis – Shjom Finkenlarkin, OL
Pick 8 – Outlaws – Matt James, OL
This is Legions second pick of the Draft and they finally have a quarterback that they can rely on. He is definitely the most NSFL ready QB in the draft. He might have a rough start, but he is the best option for the team at this point. If the coach and staff are able to develop him correctly, he might become a franchise QB at some point. Along with Adams, Torque Lewith and Shawn Brady were also drafted in 2 of the next 3 picks, which exhausts the QB prospects for this year’s draft. Both QBs will be viable backups and may find some starting time in the future after they sit behind the veteran QBs and learn a little a la Aaron Rodgers and Brett Favre.

Round 10
Pick 1 – Legion – Luke Washington, LB
Pick 2 – Liberty – James Wright, LB
Pick 3 – Sabercats – Jack Vanderjagt, K
Pick 4 – Hawks – Tyron Smith, OL
Pick 5 – Wraiths – Denzel Diaz, RB
Pick 6 – Otters – Allen Davis, S
Pick 7 – Yetis – Jorge Masvidal, S
Pick 8 – Outlaws – John Goose, RB
Many of these picks are just to bolster the team’s depth at certain positions. Many positions did not have the depth needed in this draft and so teams may have to move some players around. Denzel Diaz stands out to me and the wraith’s may have found another gem. The Wraith’s have very good drafting position in each round and can capitalize on their picks. Denzel adds to the RB depth, but has a lot of potential for a late round pick. We may be seeing him running through the endzone in no time.

Round 11
Pick 1 – Liberty – Manny Paz, LB
Pick 2 – Legion – Jason Jerek, K
Pick 3 – Sabercats – Bradley T Madlad, OL
Pick 4 – Hawks – Gadget Tech, OL
Pick 5 – Wraiths – Noah Parker, LB
Pick 6 - Otters - Steve Austin, LB
Pick 7 - Yetis - Hunter Mason, WR
A lot of these final picks are to try to fill spots, but since the draft has exactly as many spots as rookies, it is a little difficult to get needs to matchup exactly. Congratulations to Hunter Mason for being Mr. Irrelevant (last pick in draft) and hopefully he can make a name for himself in the league. It doesn’t matter where you get drafted as long as you capitalize on it. Except for that huge check those higher picked guys get. That dough can be used to buy a lot of stuff, like actual dough.

EDIT: as I was just told, I do not have the most up-to-date information on all of the players. this is based on the data that I had on hand.

GRADED

sapp2013 S2 Mock Draft 1.0 - kckolbe - 07-15-2017

Quote:5th Round, Pick 6 – Otters – Kevin Cushing, LB

Well, looks like my recent article is getting attention.

sapp2013 S2 Mock Draft 1.0 - RainDelay - 07-15-2017

I like this, but not all that much TPE was taken into account. Noah Parker has like 90 TPE, absolutely no way he goes last.

sapp2013 S2 Mock Draft 1.0 - sapp2013 - 07-15-2017

(07-15-2017, 05:42 PM)RainDelay Wrote:I like this, but not all that much TPE was taken into account. Noah Parker has like 90 TPE, absolutely no way he goes last.

on the player database it says Noah Parker has 50 TPE, so I went with that. I just checked his page and he has atleast 87 TPE. I dont know how many more I have the wrong TPE amount for... really sorry for this.

sapp2013 S2 Mock Draft 1.0 - RainDelay - 07-15-2017

(07-15-2017, 06:46 PM)sapp2013 Wrote:on the player database it says Noah Parker has 50 TPE, so I went with that.

Hasn't been updated yet. I have a full spreadsheet at my disposal, so I guess nobody else would really delve that deeply.

@sapp2013

It's quite alright, many numbers are off but with the numbers you had, this is still a very nice article

sapp2013 S2 Mock Draft 1.0 - fish - 07-15-2017

Quote:Pick 4 – Hawks – Ottokar Von Gerhardt, DE

Sweet! I'm projected to get drafted!

sapp2013 S2 Mock Draft 1.0 - bovovovo - 07-15-2017

Just wanted to say that this is a great article! It's hard to do a mock draft for the entire draft and I think you did a superb job. :cheers:

sapp2013 S2 Mock Draft 1.0 - Gwdaja - 07-15-2017

Nice in-depth write up! I actually think me going at the top of round 4 could be realistically where I end up.

sapp2013 S2 Mock Draft 1.0 - Jiggly_333 - 07-15-2017

Why do you guys keep forgetting this happened? Seriously, what would be the point of any team drafting a player they know won't play for them?

And why would the Otters draft two RBs when we already have two Pro-Bowlers?

sapp2013 S2 Mock Draft 1.0 - adam2552 - 07-15-2017

(07-15-2017, 09:29 PM)Jiggly_333 Wrote:Why do you guys keep forgetting this happened? Seriously, what would be the point of any team drafting a player they know won't play for them?

And why would the Otters draft two RBs when we already have two Pro-Bowlers?

Two Pro-Bowlers? Aren't you the only RB on the team?