International Simulation Football League
*Despacito Jr Off to a Good Start in Second Season - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Despacito Jr Off to a Good Start in Second Season (/showthread.php?tid=22053)

*Despacito Jr Off to a Good Start in Second Season - Gwdjohnson - 05-13-2020

"The evidence clearly shows that jeffie43 tampered Garfield Despacito Jr."

Upon reading this, Garfield Despacito Jr. had to have his phone replaced promptly due to his reaction.

He could not believe what he was reading when he opened Twitter one morning upon waking up. After just a season playing in the DSFL following his departure from UBC, Despacito Jr. had to watch his friend and Myrtle Beach GM get fired because of an incident directly involving him. He still to this day is not quite sure what exactly the punishment was directly for; he was urging jeffie43 that he only wanted to go to Myrtle Beach due to his close ties to people within the organization, but jeffie only gave him straightforward answers to his questions and comments. He has felt like his eagerness to join jeffie and his friends in Myrtle Beach is what led to jeffie losing out on a dream job he had of being the GM there. And especially considering Head Office never contacted him for his side of the story, Garfield just felt helpless watching all of this drama he's the center of happen. Following the punishment and the subsequently failed appeal, Despacito Jr. was not sure what he wanted to do. The S22 NSFL Draft was coming up, and he was on the fence about even letting himself enter it, perhaps feeling like he had to step aside from the sport entirely. Would it be worth taking the hit to his reputation and self-confidence to enter the Draft, only for his now notorious reputation to make him get knocked all the way down teams' wanted prospect lists? He wasn't sure, he felt like maybe he should have amended his burnt bridges with UBC and returned there for the rest of his young career. However, football is something that runs in his veins, it's something that's part of the family bloodline, and he was not about to disappoint his father, who has been so proud of his progress, by cowering out in the face of controversy. He would go into the Draft with his head held high, and take however far he falls on the chin.

Sure enough, many players were getting taken before Despacito Jr, as Garfield sat watching patiently. After about four rounds, he was starting to feel like worse players than him were being drafted just because of his prior controversy, and it became even more demoralizing when an entire 5th round passed without him being taken still. But then, in round six, pick 10, Despacito Jr.'s name was called by the Orange County Otters, who he had had very constructive talks with before the Draft. He had been zoning out a little bit just because of how many picks were starting to go by, but jolted up at the mention of his name as a strong orange colour popped up along with it on the big screen. Upon being drafted, Despacito Jr. got a very warm reception to Orange County and felt his energy and motivation to succeed hit an all-time high. He was reinvigorated knowing that he still had a role to play in the sport, and prove the doubters who let him fall wrong. He signed a hefty first contract of three years for a total of thirteen million, clearly showing that the Otters have a lot of faith in the positive impact that he can have on their franchise. A team that has never struggled to generate offense, Orange County is a great place for young receivers to develop their game and learn from the best. Despacito Jr. expressed a lot of delight about getting drafted to a team that has a pedigree of consistently impressing while being a fantastic atmosphere for rookie development.

Going into the new season, Despacito Jr. was curious as to what his role would be. He was used quite sparingly in his debut season, and for good reason considering the quality of wide receivers Myrtle Beach had at their disposal in S21. He felt like with Heath Evans getting the call up to the big show, it would be his time to shine in the minors, and his hunch was confirmed when the Buccaneers GM confirmed with him that he would be a starting wide receiver this DSFL season. Despacito Jr. was ecstatic, this was finally his chance to take the spotlight and establish himself as a top quality prospect. Sure enough, he has been on fire to start this season for the SFC leading Buccaneers, as he has a league wide first place in wide receiver touchdowns with four, while completing 25 catches for 331 yards through eight games. Already having topped his S21 yard count for the season in touchdowns (2) and yards (147), Despacito Jr. has been dazzling in the early stages of his crucial second season of development.

Speaking about the S22 NSFL Draft that saw him taken with one of the bottom picks of round six, Despacito Jr. said "It was a really wild time. I had so many worries going into the draft but I convinced myself not to worry about it and accept that whatever happens happens. Falling as far as I did was pretty disappointing to me, but I was above other stuff just happy that I could end up with a great team in Orange County. I've loved the Otters every bit as much as I've loved Myrtle Beach and it really helped me feel settled back into the game when I was discouraged."

We also asked Garfield how he's felt this season has gone with Myrtle Beach: "I've been feeling a lot more confident in my game this season, and have been doing better as a result for sure. Already doubling my touchdown count from last season is great and I've got more than twice the catching yards. Myrtle Beach using me in a bigger role has paid off a lot for me, but the team has to be doing better and I'll keep doing my best to try and turn things around."

Code:
1000 words on the dot, ready for grading

*Despacito Jr Off to a Good Start in Second Season - Billybolo53 - 05-14-2020

:Simon: