International Simulation Football League
*Tylus' DSFL Power Rankings - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Tylus' DSFL Power Rankings (/showthread.php?tid=22090)

*Tylus' DSFL Power Rankings - Tylus - 05-15-2020

[div align=\\\"center\\\"] :dsfl: Post-Week 10 DSFL Power Rankings and Playoff Predictions :dsfl: [/div]

Well, here we are more than halfway through the twenty-second season of the Developmental Simulation Football League. With 4 weeks left in the season there is a lot to talk about. A lot of teams are finding themselves in a different position than pre-season predictions would have guessed, for better or for worse in some cases. I’ll be using stats not TPE to make my determinations on this list. In my opinion the league has shown that TPE isn’t as important as choosing the right strategies, and building a balanced team. Without further ado we jump into the offensive section of my power rankings.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"] :dsfl: Offensive Power Rankings :dsfl: [/div]

[div align=\\\"center\\\"] KCC 8th - Kansas City Coyotes KCC [/div]

Offensively this season has been somewhat of a struggle offensively for the Coyotes. With the least points scored in the league, they’ll need to spark up their offense to have a stronger push towards the end of the season. The Coyotes are 7th in the DSFL in passing yards, with an average rating of 58.1 and 7th in rushing yards. They have also thrown the most interceptions by a large margin with 12 on the season so far to only 7 touchdowns, the worse in the league in TD/INT ratio. Their offensive line has also had the least pancakes and is tied for 3rd most sacks allowed. The one thing they do have going for them is the fact that they are leading the league in kickoff return yards, and one of only two teams to have returned a kickoff for a touchdown this season.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"] POR 7th - Portland Pythons POR [/div]

This is a close race for 7th between the Pythons and the next two teams on my list, but the Pythons take 7th because they are the second lowest scoring team in the league with 170 points on the season, and they are consistently in the bottom half of the league in passing(5th) and rushing(6th) while the next two teams on my list have more strength in one or the other so far this season. Their offensive line is 7th best in the league with only 151 pancakes this season, just 3 above Kansas City. They are also 7th in kick return yards and average return length. The Pythons are in a position to jump ahead in the next few weeks though if they can start clicking offensively.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"] LON 6th - London Royals LON [/div]

I was tempted to put Norfolk in this spot, but the DSFL is a running league, and Norfolk is dead last in rushing yards so far this season.The Royals are also tied for 4th in total points scored on the season. Passing wise, London is doing a lot better, being 3rd in passing yards and 4th in QBR. The Royals are also 5th in pancakes and have the second most sacks allowed with 17, only 1 behind the leader in this category. London is also average when it comes to kick returns, but surprisingly in the lead in punt return yards. London is another team that could end up anywhere on this list by season end.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"] NOR 5th - Norfolk Seawolves NOR [/div]

Like I said earlier, I was tempted to put Norfolk in 6th, but their potent rushing attack bumps them up on this list. Second in the league in rushing, Norfolk has a large possibility of also climbing this list by season's end. The one crux in the Seawolves offense has to be their passing attack. While last in passing yards, the Seawolves have a respectable lead in QB rating with 80.8 on average. If Norfolk puts more trust in their passing attack, they could become a huge threat in the SFC South. Norfolk is in the top half of the league in pancakes and t-5th in sacks allowed with 15. So they have at least an average offensive line to get behind. Seawolves could be anywhere from second to seventh on this list by season end in my opinion.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"] DAL 4th - Dallas Birddogs DAL [/div]

The Birddogs are the easiest team to place, as they are Fourth in both passing and rushing yards. The Birddogs are slightly better than average on offense, tied for second in rushing touchdowns, and sixth in passing touchdowns. The ‘Dogs are also 3rd in the league in kick return yards. The main thing dragging Dallas down from being in 3rd is their offensive line. Third from last in pancakes, and letting up the most sacks in the league at 18, the Dallas Birddogs offensive line is struggling this season. I find myself rooting for the Birddogs more often than not, probably my favorite not Grey Duck team.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"] BBB 3rd - Myrtle Beach Buccaneers BBB [/div]

The Buccaneers are our third best team offensively, with the third most points scored in the league at 194. The main strength of the Buccs offense has to be their ground game. First in the league in rushing yards by nearly 300 yards, and the most yards-per-carry at 4.9, Myrtle Beaches running game is dominant, and clearly the best in the DSFL by far. Myrtle Beach also has a strong offensive line, coming in second in pancakes, and the fourth fewest sacks allowed with 11. Where the Buccaneers seem to struggle most is on kick returns(last in the league in KR yards) and in the passing game, where they are sixth in total passing yards, and one of only two teams with more interceptions thrown than touchdowns.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"] MIN 2nd - Minnesota Grey Ducks MIN [/div]

I almost had the Grey Ducks in third, but their well balanced offense with a strong passing game pushes them to number 2. Not to mention being just 3 points behind the leader(TIJ) in points scored at 235. In the passing game the Ducks are second in total yards, but first in touchdowns with 11 and only 6 interceptions. Offensive leader QB Sim Snowbow is having a standout year with the most passing yards and first in QBR by quarterbacks with at least 80 attempts. The ducks also drafted one of the best wide receivers in the draft in Kai Sakura, who is having a great rookie season with over 300 yards and 3 touchdowns. The Ducks also have amazing offensive veterans in Daymond Brooks, with over 500 yards and tying the team receiving touchdown record with 6 on the year, and Jamar Lackson, who is in my opinion the best running back in the league with over 1000 yards on the ground and an amazing 7 touchdowns. The Grey Duck offensive line is by far the best in the league, first in the DSFL in pancakes with a whopping 208, and third in the league in sacks allowed with 10. The Ducks special teams are also strong, being the only DSFL team with a kick and punt return touchdown.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"] TIJ 1st - Tijuana Luchadores TIJ [/div]

Tijuana has had an amazing season so far offensively. First in points scored at 238, the Luchadores have an extremely potent offense, and has the best wide receiver in the league at the moment in Vequain, who has an astounding 700 yards with 3 touchdowns so far this season. The Luchadores have the most passing yards in the league by a large margin and are no slouches in the running game, coming in third in yards but an incredible 16 rushing touchdowns on the year so far. Tijuana’s offensive line is very solid, with the third most pancakes in the league, while also allowing the fewest sacks by far at only 8. Tijuana's special teams are pretty much average but they get the job done. The Lucha offense has been outstanding.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"] :dsfl: Defensive Power Rankings :dsfl: [/div]

[div align=\\\"center\\\"] LON 8th - London Royals LON [/div]

I almost put Kansas City here, but I would feel bad making them last in both categories, and it’s very close anyways. The Royals come in last in our defensive power rankings. Last in tackles for a loss and sacks, while also giving up the second most points in the league, London has had some issues defensively. There are some bright spots to be found though, leading the league in interceptions with 11, and one of only three teams with a safety, and one of four with a defensive touchdown. The London Royals have room to improve though, and I don’t see them being last by the end of the season.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"] KCC 7th - Kansas City Coyotes KCC [/div]

The Coyotes come in 7th, but nearly come in in 8th. They have had some defensive struggles this season, giving up the most points in the league with 241. They also have the second least sacks and interceptions in the DSFL, and only one of two teams to have no safeties or defensive touchdowns this year. They are also last in the league in passes defended. Some bright spots are their ability to get fumbles with 9 so far, and having the 3rd most tackles for a loss.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"] DAL 6th - Dallas Birddogs DAL [/div]

Dallas comes in at sixth in the defensive power rankings so far, being overall below average in most categories. sixth in Points allowed at an even 200, they come in at sixth in multiple areas. The Dogs are sixth in Passes defended with 31, interceptions with 4, and sacks with 16. Dallas does have a respectable 11 forced fumbles, recovering 6 of them. Dallas also comes in tied for fourth in tackles for a loss.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"] TIJ 5th - Tijuana Luchadores TIJ [/div]

Lucha come in 5th defensively, a stark difference from their offensive dominance, giving up the fourth most points so far this season. Tijuana seems to struggle most when it comes to tackles, pass defending, and getting tackles behind the line of scrimmage, seventh in the league in all three of these categories. They also have the fewest forced fumbles on the season with 2, and only 3 fumbles recovered. Funny enough, Tijuana is tied for fourth in both interceptions and sacks, being tied in both areas with Portland. Tijuana does have a blocked punt and a defensive touchdown going for them though.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"] POR 4th - Portland Pythons POR [/div]

Portland is fourth in our defensive power rankings. Coming in pretty average in most areas, and better in others, Portland has been solid for the most part. Tied for fourth in both interceptions and sacks, they are pretty average here. Areas they excel in are pass defends and touchdowns, tied for first in both of these stats. Portland seems to struggle when it comes to tackles for a loss, sixth in the league, and fumbles, only three recovered on the season. Portland defense seems to be a good but not great defense this year.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"] BBB 3rd - Myrtle Beach Buccaneers BBB [/div]

This was a hard choice, the Buccs defense has been very solid this season in a lot of ways. I almost put them in second, but for reasons you will read, I have them slightly lower than the Seawolves. Myrtle Beach has been amazing when it comes to allowing points, with the fewest allowed in the league with 143. The reason I have them at third is because the defensive stats produced by the Buccaneers have been average at best in most areas. Myrtle Beaches best statline is their sacks, coming in third with 24 so far. They are average when it comes to tackles for a loss(t-4th), fumbles with 6, passes defended(three way tie for 3rd), and fifth in total tackles. They are last in interceptions, probably owing to their weakness at cornerback. Myrtle Beach is somewhat of an enigma, by allowing the fewest points you would expect their statlines to be a bit stronger, but that might come by season's end.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"] NOR 2nd - Norfolk Seawolves NOR [/div]

Defensively, the Seawolves have played great this season, even though they have allowed the fourth most points this year. Coming in second in tackles for a loss, sacks, interceptions, and passes defended, they definitely deserve to be in this spot. The seawolves also have two defensive touchdowns on the season, and 555 total tackles, both tied for first. I think the Norfolk defense has surprised a lot of people, and played very well considering where people were predicting they would be by this time of the season. Good stuff Norfolk!

[div align=\\\"center\\\"] MIN 1st - Minnesota Grey Ducks MIN [/div]

I’m not putting the Grey Ducks in first out of any favoritism. Minnesota’s defense has been stellar this season, allowing the second least points on the defending side of the ball. The Ducks come in first in multiple categories, first in tackles for a loss with 41, first in sacks with 36, tied for first in passes defended with 34. Managing this with the 3rd least amount of total tackles is quite impressive. The Grey Ducks also come in second with an impressive nine interceptions, tied with Norfolk, as well as bringing in 2 touchdowns on defense. Players like Matt Krause, Dex Kennedy, Mario Von Pebbles, Tyron Shields and Buck Thorton have been amazing leaders on this defense, and are all in the running to win POTY awards in their respective positions in my opinion.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"] :dsfl: Overall Power Rankings :dsfl: [/div]

[div align=\\\"center\\\"] KCC 8th - Kansas City Coyotes KCC [/div]

The Coyotes have had an up and down season, including some great wins and painful losses. The Coyotes are in 8th based on their offensive and defensive struggles this season, as well as being tied for 2nd in a weak division at 4 wins and 6 losses. They still have a wide open season though, and could easily power through into a playoff berth.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"] LON 7th - London Royals LON [/div]

Poor London. The Royals started the season with 4 wins and 1 loss, with great wins at both Tijuana and Myrtle Beach. They came out of week 4 looking like an easy playoff favorite beating two of the stronger teams in the DSFL. Things would end up falling apart in the next few weeks, with London losing 5 games in a row. With their defense giving up nearly the most points in the league, they have slid from an almost certain contender, to hoping they can slide in. With the NFC North being so wide open, and the 8th ranked team in the same division, the Royals have as good a chance as anyone even still to make it.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"] POR 6th - Portland Pythons POR [/div]

The Pythons have struggled to string more than 2 wins in a row this season, as well as losing four of their last six games. Again though, the NFC North is wide open, and they have as good a chance as the previous two teams of making it to the playoffs, especially with their above average defense.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"] BBB 5th - Myrtle Beach Buccaneers BBB [/div]

The Buccaneers have shocked everyone, starting the season as the clear number 1 team in the league, and favorite to win the Ultimini, only to slide hard during weeks five through ten. Only winning one of their last 6 games, the Buccs, while still a strong team on both sides of the ball, are in a tough spot. Being two games behind the Birddogs for that second playoff spot, the Buccs will have to really ball out for the next 4 weeks to bring themselves back into contention.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"] NOR 4th - Norfolk Seawolves NOR [/div]

The Seawolves began the season struggling to gain their stride, starting 1-4 things were not looking too great for them after week five. To their credit, they pulled up their bootstraps, put their noses to the ground and focused in during the middle part of the season, winning four of their last five games. With a record of 5 wins and 5 losses, Norfolk is a game behind the Birddogs in their playoff race, and if their defense keeps playing well, could very well be looking at a playoff berth by the end of the season.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"] DAL 3rd - Dallas Birddogs DAL [/div]

Dallas started the season questionably with a 1-3 start, but have shown their resilience by winning four of their last five, and taking a one game lead in the SFC South playoff picture. I’ll freely admit that I did not expect the Dogs to turn it around, and I have massive respect for how they didn’t get down and kept fighting to stay in the race. Keep an eye on the dogs to keep their playoff push going.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"] MIN 2nd - Minnesota Grey Ducks MIN [/div]

Minnesota, like Dallas, started this season painfully with a 1-3 start. They didn’t allow this to effect their gameplan, and won an incredible four games in a row after their weak start. Sitting atop their division, they have a two game lead in the NFC North. Fresh off of a 48-3 SMASHING of Kansas City, the Ducks will continue to push towards securing a home field playoff spot.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"] TIJ 1st - Tijuana Luchadores TIJ [/div]

Tijuana has shocked the world. Sweeping the league favorite Buccaneers, and securing a 7-3 record, the Luchadores have been dominant this season. After starting the season 0-2, they incredibly won 7 of their next 8 games. Look to Tijuana to continue to propel themselves into a home field playoff game by the end of the season.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"] :dsfl: Playoff predictions :dsfl: [/div]

[div align=\\\"center\\\"]NFC NORTH[/div]

In the NFC North I expect to see the Grey Ducks and Pythons battle it out for a chance to get to the Ultimini. I predict Minnesota to secure home field advantage barring a very strong push by any of the 4-6 teams. I think out of Portland, Kansas City, and London, that the Pythons are the strongest of the three teams right now, and expect to see them take second in the division. Kansas City and Portland GMs and players will not go out without a fight, and one of the two might have the strength to overpower the others and steal a playoff spot.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"]SFC South[/div]

Tijuana is almost, if not completely, certain to make the playoffs, with a more than strong possibility of home field advantage. I predict the Birddogs to snag that away playoff spot, as they have played extremely well coming into week 11 of the regular season. I won’t count out Norfolk or Myrtle Beach, as both teams have a lot of strengths, and could possibly win out to secure a spot. There are a lot of ways this division could end up by the end of the season. If I had to guess, the obvious prediction for the Utimini is Minnesota versus Tijuana.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"]Final Thoughts[/div]

I’d be surprised if anyone predicted this season to go the way it has so far. A lot of teams, such as Myrtle Beach and London, were looking very strong after the first few weeks, only to falter during the middle part of the season. While other teams, like Minnesota and Tijuana started the season somewhat weakly, only to turn it up and blast their way into first place. With four weeks remaining, this season can still go any number of ways, and even the last place teams in each division still have a chance to fight for a playoff spot. I’ll finish by saying I’m a huge noob, and feel free to tell me why I’m wrong about anything in this article. I’m always trying to learn more and make my content as good as possible, so I hope some of you at least enjoyed this content.

(3174 words)

*Tylus' DSFL Power Rankings - ForSucksFake - 05-15-2020

This is very good Tylus. I agree 100% without bias.

*Tylus' DSFL Power Rankings - Billybolo53 - 05-15-2020

Bucc fans rn

[Image: merlin_163814958_850859d9-d956-4612-9e25...rJumbo.jpg]

*Tylus' DSFL Power Rankings - TheCC - 05-15-2020

Thanks for the shout-out. You forgot one offensive weapon on the Ducks though, rookie WR Tychondrius Hood, top 5 in receiving yards in the DSFL ????

(05-15-2020, 12:51 PM)TheCC Wrote:Thanks for the shout-out. You forgot one offensive weapon on the Ducks though, rookie WR Tychondrius Hood, top 5 in receiving yards in the DSFL ????

Thanks brother, working hard to be the best I can MIN MIN MIN MIN MIN MIN MIN MIN MIN MIN MIN MIN

*Tylus' DSFL Power Rankings - ScorpXCracker - 05-15-2020

you misspelled the 1 next to the seawolves

(05-15-2020, 06:18 PM)ScorpXCracker Wrote:you misspelled the 1 next to the seawolves

Hopefully I can fix that if they win out Smile