International Simulation Football League
*Myles Smith Makes The Jump - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Myles Smith Makes The Jump (/showthread.php?tid=22094)

*Myles Smith Makes The Jump - TheManWhoSoldTheWorld - 05-15-2020

A quick note before this article: this player is based on my first Road To Glory from NCAA 14, so if the stats sound unrealistic, they are. Road To Glory is excellent, isn't it?

[div align=\\\"center\\\"]The Oklahoman[/div]
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]Smith Declares For The NSFL Draft[/div]
By: Ali Jones

After a long and illustrious high school and college career, Myles Smith has declared for the NSFL. Let's take a look back on the man who many of us in the sports community dubbed to be just as good as his uncle, Emmitt Smith.

We caught up with Myles at his high school in Oklahoma City, where he was attending a school event along with some other alum. He was wearing his varsity jacket to show his support and signing autographs for fans.

Ali Jones: Myles! Great seeing you back here at your old digs.

Myles Smith: Glad to be back. Good to get away from Florida for a bit, and come back out here and see my auntie.

AJ: Now, everyone knows that you're probably one of the best draft prospects out there. You were declared the best player in the nation this past year, winning the Heisman, as well as the Maxwell and Doak Walker awards. How does it feel?

MS: I mean, it's good to get that recognition. And, it always looks good on a football resume, you feel? Nah, but for real, it feels great. It was great to see all those guys waiting to get a chance at the Heisman and talk a little trash with them on the field, but in the end, it came down to the best player, and that man was me.

AJ: Now, people argue that you weren't the greatest running back Florida has ever seen. Can you give me some insight on that?

MS: Man, they trippin' and some oldheads. I didn't play well in my sophomore year because we didn't get the center recruit that we wanted that year, and I got absolutely pummelled in the backfield on inside runs. You can't control every factor, and I got to keep things in my control. I talked with Coach about it, so we started drawing up more off-tackle plays to maximize my value in Florida's system. It helped that we had great blockers all around, and great quarterback play kept defenses guessing.

AJ: Now, as I understand, you were a multi-sport athlete here for the Cowboys. I that correct?

MS: Hell yeah, man. I played football, of course, and that's what I ended up going with, but I played basketball, track & field, and a little bit of baseball too. I didn't end up playing basketball in college just because I know Coach would've wanted me to go to the draft, but I'm a little small for a point guard. But I'm good at running back and can catch the ball too because of the drills I did playing basketball. Track & field helped me break off the long runs everyone saw in college: the 70, 80 yarders that made my final highlight reel were all due to track & field. The conditioning for everything was crazy different, but doing all those preparatory things I did helped me feel invincible on the field. The play where I juked out three guys on the same juke? I've done that in practice before, and I'll do it again once I reach the league.

AJ: You've had some comparisons to many great NFL players, such as Saquon Barkley, Christian McCaffrey, and your uncle, Emmitt Smith. How does it feel to be in the same realm of greatness they are?

MS: You know, it's a great thing that people think I can be like them, but I want to prove that I'm on a different level than them. I appreciate the comparisons, but I know I won't have the longevity that my uncle did in his career. It's a different game now. If I ever had a glimpse or chance at being in the league for that long, and being that productive, I would take it in an instant. But I have the hands like those guys and can run like hell downfield, so I see why the comparisons are there.

AJ: Well, thank you for your bit of time today Myles. I understand that you're a busy man and are prepping for the draft. Just one last question.

MS: Shoot.

AJ: Any thoughts on a suit yet for the draft?

MS: Absolutely. But that's gonna stay a secret for right now.

Code:
756 words