International Simulation Football League
HO Newsletter - Trade Deadline of S22 - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Announcements (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=495)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+---- Forum: Head Office Announcements (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=230)
+----- Forum: HO Newsletters / Member Changes (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=530)
+----- Thread: HO Newsletter - Trade Deadline of S22 (/showthread.php?tid=22135)

Pages: 1 2

HO Newsletter - Trade Deadline of S22 - bex - 05-16-2020

Hello!

We hope you are all doing well! It's that time again, and I'm here to give you an update on some of the things Head Office has been up to this season!

Website Work and Dev Team!
As you may have read here, our dev team has been working on some exciting moves to get all of our website components under one roof! The project has been led by Exilizer, dev team member and HO intern. It's been a privilege to see him take this project on! We're continuing to research and work on other website work to expand upon the work of past developers to bring our little community into the modern era. We have some more testing going on for next steps, and will keep you updated as we move forward.

Sim Team!
One change that's been made this season that hasn't been widely discussed is our new DC submission tool! While we've historically relied on GMs to submit DCs and highlight changes, our new DC collator compares the previous week's DC to the current one to auto-highlight changes for the simmer in a standard and easy to read format. We started our trial run in the DSFL, and when that went over well, we implemented the new system in the NSFL as well! While there have been some growing pains, it's been a worthwhile look into how we can make our simmers' lives a bit easier.

The other big update for the sim team is an update on prediction passes. In previous seasons, predictions passes issued to the sim team have awarded the average score. This season, we've been trying out giving out the mode for these passes. By giving the most common score among users, we hope that this is a more fair compensation for the team as they are unable to complete predictions themselves. We're continuing to monitor this to make sure that the sim team is fairly compensated for their work while still having that compensation generally reflect what the community at large is earning.

I want to give a special shout out to our sim team, as they have been working so incredibly hard this season! With our NSFL simmer taking on two more teams this season and our DSFL team handling the double duty that came with our resim, as well as going through to review EXP for the teams to make sure they were accurate and up to date, these individuals have put in the time and effort to keep things going. It's an honor to get to work with them and see the dedication they bring to the position.

DSFL!
Oh the DSFL, the cradle of the league. While some may not be the biggest fans, I maintain that the DSFL is one of the most important components of the league. As such, we're always exploring how we can make that experience and environment the best that it can be. We've recently had some worthwhile discussions about things like Rule VII.C.1 which pertains to the starting of inactives over active players and how that could be improved and adjusted to benefit all active players. We're hoping to adjust things to make sure that active rookies are rewarded for their activity and engagement! We're excited to be expanding opportunities in the DSFL! We've also got some very exciting DSFL news in the pipeline, so keep an eye out for that next week!

Around the League!
We are currently working to hire our new Head Banker for the league, and look forward to sharing that decision with you when it is reached! There will also be a bit of turnover in league management this off-season, so please stay tuned for those changes as well as job applications for open positions!

Our first transitions comes as our current Rookie Mentor Head prepares to step down at the end of the season! That announcement can be found here

We are also saying farewell to one of our dear Liberty GMs, news on that is here

That's all for this time! If you have any questions regarding this or anything that's come up in the last few weeks or just want me to expand on what I've mentioned, feel free to DM me or to tag me in this thread, and I'll try my best to answer!

Sincerely,

[Image: 32e31433db39c503e91a14e4a51827b0.png]

NSFL Commissioner

HO Newsletter - Trade Deadline of S22 - sapp2013 - 05-16-2020

(05-16-2020, 01:04 PM)bex Wrote:We've also got some very exciting DSFL news in the pipeline, so keep an eye out for that next week!

@PDXBaller :eyes: give the people what they want!

(They want SCAA)

HO Newsletter - Trade Deadline of S22 - nunccoepi - 05-16-2020

(05-16-2020, 02:24 PM)sapp2013 Wrote:@PDXBaller :eyes: give the people what they want!

(They want SCAA)

HO Newsletter - Trade Deadline of S22 - Nokazoa - 05-16-2020

good newsletter, haven't read it yet but I assume its good.

HO Newsletter - Trade Deadline of S22 - goodfortunecoffee - 05-16-2020

Oh that explains the mode thing.

HO Newsletter - Trade Deadline of S22 - ScorpXCracker - 05-16-2020

(05-16-2020, 01:28 PM)Nokazoa Wrote:good newsletter, haven't read it yet but I assume its good.

HO Newsletter - Trade Deadline of S22 - YoungTB - 05-16-2020

SCAA hype

HO Newsletter - Trade Deadline of S22 - Bayley - 05-16-2020

Where's the hype for banking? I appreciate these @bex . The transparency is welcomed.

HO Newsletter - Trade Deadline of S22 - Warner - 05-17-2020

(05-16-2020, 02:04 PM)bex Wrote:Hello!

We hope you are all doing well! It's that time again, and I'm here to give you an update on some of the things Head Office has been up to this season!

absolutely nothing

That's all for this time! If you have any questions regarding this or anything that's come up in the last few weeks or just want me to expand on what I've mentioned, feel free to DM me or to tag me in this thread, and I'll try my best to answer!

Sincerely,

[Image: 32e31433db39c503e91a14e4a51827b0.png]

NSFL Commissioner
Great newsletter! Excited to hear more about what’s in store for the league in the near future!

HO Newsletter - Trade Deadline of S22 - infinitempg - 05-17-2020

(05-17-2020, 03:24 AM)tractorcito_grande Wrote:Great newsletter! Excited to hear more about what’s in store for the league in the near future!

i can personally attest that i have been doing the best nothing i've ever done in my career