International Simulation Football League
11 Linebackers, 12 Sacks; Sit Down with H. Ernston - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: 11 Linebackers, 12 Sacks; Sit Down with H. Ernston (/showthread.php?tid=2224)

Pages: 1 2 3

11 Linebackers, 12 Sacks; Sit Down with H. Ernston - Valtookan - 07-16-2017

Hello everyone I'm Dave David Dohikky (DDD); that's spelled D-O-H-I-K-K-Y, and today we are sitting down the amazing Harrif Ernston. I especially, am really excited for this sit down as I have been an Outlaws fan every since Day 1.

Harrif Ernston: Oh, thank you.

DDD: As an Arizona native I just could not turn my back on my home state's team, and boy did you guys not let me or my fantasy team down. Especially that defense, elite; I can't wait to see the new faces next year and I hope they can produce.

Harrif Ernston (H): As long as they trust the process I'm sure they'll produce, and hopefully they'll become big pieces. This also means we 1 year vets gotta elevate our game. Jaylon Lee (@youngcricket) and I are always talking about how we gotta play better next year and take the rookie Linebacker under our wing.

DDD: Great to hear; now we brought you here because you are one of the best LBs in the league, Pro-Bowler, #23 in the Top 50, and soon you might even be an All-Pro. We wanted to get your opinion on all of the Linebacker Prospects coming into this seasons draft. Hope you've done a bit of research.

H: Don't worry I've been checking them out. They may not know it but I've got eyes and I'm watching.

DDD: I believe that from the best Coverage Linebacker in the League. Still before we begin, this program could turn into one of those TV jewelry show; could you show us... the Ring?

H: Of course...

[Image: elmuzkd.jpg]

H: This ring actually took an extra week than what was expected to get to the players because the ring makers were Otters fan who were sleeping on us. I digress, what makes this ring specials is that it's has been made out of 25 carat Gold, and Diamonds. At the bottom of the ring there is a little circle made of -1 carat wood. It's there to remind us of when everyone was sleeping on us, and how far we grew from there. It's also there to show us we still need to continue to grow so we can become a more perfect team and win the Ultimus once again.

DDD: Amazing....

H: Truly.

DDD: Now lets get to the Linebacker prospects. There are many, and many have interesting names. From Donovan, to Manny, to Kevin, and Jupiter. Could we get you to go up the list? Starting with....

H: Jupiter Oaks.

DDD: Yes.

H: I mean the kid came from a D1 program, Ohio State. Those guys make great players on all sides of the ball at all positions! He also seems to be coming into the league like I did. He's good great hand skill, he was able to pop balls in college. He also had play distribution responsibilities in college, showing his natural intelligence. His strength is lackluster and his speed needs to be worked on but the guy looks like a great prospect. Only problem is... his seeming lack of preparation for the draft.

DDD: You mean as compared to other prospects?

H: Yeah, others guys are working out and working hard to be really good in this league. He hasn't really done anything to get teams to see who he is, at least that is what I believe.

DDD: Yes, we've even had rumors about him going out partying.

H: Well, there you have it.

DDD: Next one is Noah Parker.

H: Yeah, I think this guy played a bit of Season 1. Still, I see no reason for anyone who isn't the SaberCats to pick him up. Honestly, this kid didn't even go to SCHOOL. There are much better prospects with better Speed and Strength skills who have been in the draft for less time. He'd really have to come out and impress me.

DDD: Ok, on to Kevin Cr...

H: Save him for last.

DDD: A... all right then, would you happen to know him?

H: Just a little bit.

DDD: Luke Washington then.

H: This guy must be a beast in the film room, because he is smart, smart, smart. He's also got the strength you'd want from a prospect. It's surprisingly good for a coverage LB. The has also been spotted working out and talking to the media. He looks to be a potential late round steal.

DDD: Let's continue on to Manny Paz.

H: Ah yes, well not only does @protooman have an very nice looking profile picture, he also asked Eni for a sig in the shop....BEFORE I DID. That means he's going to get a new Sig BEFORE ME! LISTEN TO ME NOW TEAMS OF THE NSFL! DON'T DRAFT THIS MAN! Anyone who crosses me has bust written all over him, just ask .... uh.... Brady Stropko. Yeah, him, bust.

On a serious note though, he should be a fine choice for any team. He seems to be keeping active in the off-season. He has great strength, great speed, and great agility. He's also a power rusher so I see him fitting really well in a 3-4 look like the Colorado Yetis, rather than a 4-3 look like we have on the Outlaws.

DDD: Next is Hingle Mcringleberry (@Colombiano).

H: What a name... but don't let it distract you from the fact that the Altlanta Falcons blew a 28-3 lead.

H: Moving on from that, the kid looks semi-active and I hope his activity level jumps up in a similar way that mine did after the draft. He's really fast, and that will make him a very good prospect. Speed kills in our league. He's not the strongest guy but that won't matter too much with how fast he is. He also is doing a bit of film study this off-season a preparation (he put points in intelligence).

H: The next person is.... Luke Chuck. Now, this kid might be the best Power Rushing LB prospect in the Draft. He is, in my opinion, a mush have for a team which needs help at DE or DT. The guy is just naturally strong, and if he adds on some speed he could become a really dominant player. Those Running backs are fast but eventually they are going to start getting too big for us "Coverage" guys to bring down. This is where a player like Luke comes in. He's also very active and wants to learn. I'm very impressed with this Linebacker prospect. I think he's a big sleeper in this draft.

DDD: That's some high praise, I sure Luke is going to love hearing that. Now, on to... James Wright.

H: Top Tier talent. Only thing is I don't know if he'll be able to master it. The dude doesn't seem that active as of yet, but he's come into the league with an insanely league-ready physical profile. Mat Akselsen said so too! @Bzerkap I would really appreciate it if someone was able to mentor him a little, he seems to not be able to write a fully proper Update Page, and that concerns me, especially with how promising he seems as a player. His Update Page doesn't have links and isn't following the Grapehead Example. I really hope he figures it all out and I openly invite him to message me if he needs assistance, I'd be happy to help!

DDD: You're a really nice guy, you know that?

H: I'm just doing what I would want some to do for me if I needed help.

DDD: The next person is Luke Luechly.

H: This guy seems to have it figured out. He doesn't have an Update page yet so that is concerning but beside that I think he'll be fine. He's done some off-season work and I think it's pretty up in the air where he goes in the draft. I personally haven't seen to much of him so I just don't know what contact he's had with league officials and GMs.

DDD: Did you know he lead the NSCAA in tackles?

H: Wow, I did not. Well he should be a ready-to-start prospect then.

DDD: Moving on, we have Donovan Maric.

H: The guy looks set with good speed, good tackling, and good strength abilities. He's an open canvas and any GM would be happy to paint all over him.

H: 2nd to last, and boy am I tired... we have Steve Austin.

H: Now that is a name I didn't have to look at the paper to know. A very new draft declared Linebacker but a active one. He actually changed his position recently and had to undergo another combine drill set. He was once a Kicker but made the transition to LINEBACKER! One of the least physically demanding positions (in terms of upper body) to one of the most demanding ones. Still, he passed with flying colors, he even qualitfied as the "Power Rusher" archetype. Seriously, from Kicker to Power Rusher... Nick Saban must be flaming mad about how Steve never try to display this hidden skill, especially when Alabama could always use more rushers (as seen in the Championship).

DDD: Do you think the position switch raises questions about his dedication?

H: I think so, but I can't be so sure. We'll so find out anyways.

DDD: Now, we have to go back to one more player on this list. You skipped him earlier. Kevin Cushing.

H: Ah, yes. As of right now, this kid is.....

DDD: BUT, we will have to get to him after these messages from our sponsors! See you after the break folks!

H: A...Alright.

Don't worry, I will get to you Kevin.

@vledoc @njparker @kckolbe @Den_Tex_Mix2 @protooman @Chunk @PlotzkeA @`YoloSwag420` @CommunistSweden @CampinKiller

@ADwyer87

Code:
1,620 Words

11 Linebackers, 12 Sacks; Sit Down with H. Ernston - Bzerkap - 07-16-2017

James Wright I'm coming to save your update page!

11 Linebackers, 12 Sacks; Sit Down with H. Ernston - Valtookan - 07-16-2017

(07-16-2017, 05:46 PM)Bzerkap Wrote:James Wright I'm coming to save your update page!

LOL! I saw you reading this earlier and I bet you were thinking "Why the f*** was I tagged on this article?"

Then after searching for 7 minutes you were like "OH! Really, Harrif, really?! Whatever." :rofl:

(07-16-2017, 04:56 PM)Valtookan Wrote:LOL! I saw you reading this earlier and I bet you were thinking "Why the f*** was I tagged on this article?"

Then after searching for 7 minutes you were like "OH! Really, Harrif, really?! Whatever."  :rofl:
Honestly that's more or less exactly what I was thinking lol. It got me to read the whole thing though. So props

11 Linebackers, 12 Sacks; Sit Down with H. Ernston - PlotzkeA - 07-16-2017

(07-16-2017, 10:46 PM)Bzerkap Wrote:James Wright I'm coming to save your update page!

Honestly if you could help me out that would be amazing!
I do a lot of this from my phone because I am at work a large majority of the day and it can get confusing. But I just fixed (I think) my update page, so if you could message me what I still need to do I would greatly appreciate it! I am excited to get really into this league!

11 Linebackers, 12 Sacks; Sit Down with H. Ernston - kckolbe - 07-16-2017

(07-16-2017, 07:19 PM)PlotzkeA Wrote:Honestly if you could help me out that would be amazing!
I do a lot of this from my phone because I am at work a large majority of the day and it can get confusing. But I just fixed (I think) my update page, so if you could message me what I still need to do I would greatly appreciate it! I am excited to get really into this league!

The page has almost everything you need, but you have to link where you get your tpe from. So link the reddit recruitment thread, the activity checks threads, etc. Check out mine if you want an example. Also, instead of putting +4 Agility, type +8 TPE. It's the same thing at that level, but prevents confusion.

(07-17-2017, 02:31 AM)kckolbe Wrote:The page has almost everything you need, but you have to link where you get your tpe from.  So link the reddit recruitment thread, the activity checks threads, etc.  Check out mine if you want an example.  Also, instead of putting +4 Agility, type +8 TPE.  It's the same thing at that level, but prevents confusion.

Alright, awesome! The next time I get on my computer I will provide links. Should I make an entirely new update with the +8TPE? Or no?

(07-16-2017, 08:39 PM)PlotzkeA Wrote:Alright, awesome! The next time I get on my computer I will provide links. Should I make an entirely new update with the +8TPE? Or no?
No keep your updates to one post and keep editing it until someone comes by and tells you they updated it. Then start a new post

11 Linebackers, 12 Sacks; Sit Down with H. Ernston - kckolbe - 07-16-2017

(07-16-2017, 07:39 PM)PlotzkeA Wrote:Alright, awesome! The next time I get on my computer I will provide links. Should I make an entirely new update with the +8TPE? Or no?

Nah, just edit the post. Until an update is PROCESSED, you can change it as much as you like.

(07-17-2017, 02:43 AM)Bzerkap Wrote:No keep your updates to one post and keep editing it until someone comes by and tells you they updated it. Then start a new post

Awesome, so whenever I link my TPE resources it will get processed and then it will be good?