International Simulation Football League
*Lesean Paris Crooks Playoffs Preview Presser - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Lesean Paris Crooks Playoffs Preview Presser (/showthread.php?tid=22327)

*Lesean Paris Crooks Playoffs Preview Presser - The_Kidd - 05-21-2020

[div align=\\\"center\\\"]READY TO BE GRADED 1.5X BONUS[/div]

This is a presser for Lesean Paris Crooks, London Royals Rookie CB, in lieu of the Royals clinching a playoff berth and facing off against the division foe: Minnesota Grey Ducks.

So far London is 0-2 against Minnesota, being outscored 65-20. However, London has added several pieces to bolster their roster. Unfortunately the o-line is still a weakness, allowing 7 sacks in the 2 regular season contests. Grey Duck QB SnowBow has thrown for 390 yards, 6 TDs, and 2 INTs in both contests and the Grey Ducks have compiled over 200 total rushing yards in both clashes. The Royals will need to dig deep and find some answers to slow down the Ducks and keep the game close.

(05-21-2020, 07:25 PM)ForSucksFake Wrote:What scares you the most about Minnesota?

What do you think is Minnesota’s biggest weakness you can exploit?

Clearly, Minnesota has the edge on paper as we have yet to beat them in three matchups, however, like they say about the playoffs ---- throw everything out the window once those uniforms and pads hit the field. The good thing about this matchup is that we have the mental edge. All the pressure is on Minnesota --- they have the capped players, they have the seasoned roster, they were the ones expected to contend for the Ultimini, they weren't thought of being dead last in the league. We're not supposed to be here, and add to the fact that we haven't beaten Minnesota allows us to come in with nothing to lose.

Minnesota is a strong team and solid all around. If they had a weakness against us, we would have beaten them already. But that doesn't mean they're invincible. We haven't beat them yet, and none of the games have been relatively close. That gives us three games of knowledge of what NOT to do against them. I have faith in my coaches and war room to break out new strategies that Minnesota hasn't seen yet. That's the one advantage we can have, switching up and being unpredictable. I know personally that they are going to see changes they haven't seen yet.

(05-21-2020, 10:23 PM)2Burkeulosis Wrote:How have you grown as a player from the start of the season to know?

When your own the field what would you say is your primary motivation? (money,fame, success, etc.)

I would say that player has gotten smarter for one, and has grown to learn how to be a player, a teammate, and a friend. I came in to this league last March as wide-eyed as a college freshman at their first big party. My guys in the locker room have been my aces since day one: HighHash, Duke, Deadly, and Greedy. Even some Royal alumni have stopped by to keep me composed like DeVille and Sandro. I can't say I have many regrets on the season, I finished with the most tackles by a secondary player and made big plays in our wins and had even better performances in some of our losses. At this point, I feel this season is like a warmup lap to the true potential my player can show in the upcoming season. Hopefully, what I have learned and attained so far will be on display during our playoff game.

And that explains what I look for on the field --- I dont care about the mountain of money I'm soon to land in, the swarms of lavish women that cling to me like ants and a picnic. I mean, I get so many I have to send them to Greedy so I can rest up and study. I tell them "he's the #1 pick, not me", haha. My stats don't matter either. Would like a stuffed stat sheet? Yes. But wins and big CB stats don't correlate. I see myself as a shutdown pitcher, the more 0's the better. And strikeouts dont equate to winning, just like interceptions dont. I want my opponent suffocated to a point the QB doesn't even look his way anymore or to a point where my teammates dont even get any fun because they cant make the play faster than me. As long as we win, that's all that matters. I had some big games in our losses and I would trade in those stats for the W's instead.

(05-22-2020, 12:31 PM)Tylus Wrote:What's it like in the London locker room?

Who is your favorite NSFL player to watch?

Any teams on your draft radar?

Good luck in the playoffs.

The Royals locker room is great. Our war room is one of the best in the DSFL between Deadly, High, and Duke(hope you're good Duke). I didn't know what to expect coming in, based on the wild west anarchy in the general chat, I wasn't sure if this was something I should do, and it's why I didnt jump in fully until AFTER I was drafted. But man, the Royals are great, all high character guys, willing to listen, willing to help, willing to just be there. Greedy has been my main partner in crime -- he's shown me so much when others are busy. And in return, I teach him how to walk runways. His podcasts are a blast and the team usually jumps in on them throughout the season. They are never hostile to outsiders and sometime I think opponents come check us to see if the hype is real --- whether to secretly poach some of us or to defect over and become a loyalist. Our alumni have also been helpful, Ryeu and DeVille are always checking in on us. Other guys like Skyline make rare visits but thats because they are busy improving the leagues with their own work. Work that all got started in our locker room. I'm actually going to be sad leaving if I get drafted to a team that needs me right away. I definitely want to spend another season with these guys. We'e had guys join off waivers, and semi-active or fully inactive players return because of the progress we've made this season.

And because of the guys that come help us, I follow the former Royals to see if they have big games. Acura, Stackinpaper, Hughes, DeVille, Ryeu, all those guys.

I know I'm on teams radar for certain. They've been creeping around most of the late season. There's a few teams I have my eye on as far as where I would want to go and where I would expect to go based on fit and need. I won't have an issue going anywhere though, I'll be happy to showcase my talent for the team that trusts and believes in my abilities.

See you Monday, come prepared.

(05-22-2020, 12:56 PM)Sylphreni Wrote:Explain how we will defeat Minnesota in graphic detail.

What have you enjoyed most about your time in the DSFL.

What teams are you interested in playing for in the NSFL.

Let's see, first we're going to run a ----- nah look, bring that question back to me Tuesday. All I can say is, don't expect the same play by play to follow for a 4th straight game. There are some things London will change that hopefully give us enough of an edge to pull out the win. The biggest factor is just limiting negative splash plays and keeping the score close. We've won 4 games with a single digit victory margin. I know I'm definitely bringing my A game on Monday, and then a little extra. The Crooks the Ducks have seen all season is not the Crooks they will see Monday.

The whole experience is fun. The locker room is great. You have been great for me, helping me get to this point. I'm going to be sad when we aren't teammates anymore. We're a deadly duo, but you still owe me my commission. The only thing I can say I need is more people in the Pacific time zone or further back, you guys have bedtimes like old people.

I want to play with you, haha. But really though, I just want to win and be allowed to be me. There's a few teams on my radar that I expect to draft me or I think need me, but I don't want to expose anybody's draft board.

(05-22-2020, 01:33 PM)Jo3fish5 Wrote:How would you feel if u got burnt badly in the upcoming game?

I've had two games where I felt I didn't do enough for the team. When we lost to Dallas by 3, I only had two tackles and when we lost to Tijuana, I had 11 tackles but yielded 40 yards on two catches. I felt bad about both games knowing I could've been better. We played Dallas in week 13 and I had 9 tackles, allowed only 15 yards, and had two deflections, including the the 4th and 2 stop to seal the win. I plan to avenge each opponent one by one. I know this for sure, there's no way I get burned by Minnesota, at worst, we fight to a draw. This is Heihachi vs Kazuya --- no matter how many times I get dropped off that cliff, I'm coming back to finish what we started.

WC - 1541

*Lesean Paris Crooks Playoffs Preview Presser - ForSucksFake - 05-21-2020

What scares you the most about Minnesota?

What do you think is Minnesota’s biggest weakness you can exploit?

*Lesean Paris Crooks Playoffs Preview Presser - 2Burkeulosis - 05-22-2020

How have you grown as a player from the start of the season to know?

When your own the field what would you say is your primary motivation? (money,fame, success, etc.)

*Lesean Paris Crooks Playoffs Preview Presser - Tylus - 05-22-2020

What's it like in the London locker room?

Who is your favorite NSFL player to watch?

Any teams on your draft radar?

Good luck in the playoffs.

*Lesean Paris Crooks Playoffs Preview Presser - Sylphreni - 05-22-2020

Explain how we will defeat Minnesota in graphic detail.

What have you enjoyed most about your time in the DSFL.

What teams are you interested in playing for in the NSFL.

*Lesean Paris Crooks Playoffs Preview Presser - Jo3fish5 - 05-22-2020

How would you feel if u got burnt badly in the upcoming game?

*Lesean Paris Crooks Playoffs Preview Presser - The_Kidd - 05-23-2020

ready to be graded