International Simulation Football League
*S23 Yonggarius mock draft- ver 1.0 - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *S23 Yonggarius mock draft- ver 1.0 (/showthread.php?tid=22336)

*S23 Yonggarius mock draft- ver 1.0 - yonggarius - 05-22-2020

Double media and mock draft season is upon us, and several mock drafts had been already popping up. So I decided to do what I did this time last season and write a mock draft for S23 class. This mock draft was significantly harder to project than my S22 draft, because of teams having less needs than they did at the point of S22 NSFL draft and some teams (cough Arizona cough) having so much draft picks. But, it was certainly very interesting. Let's get to the mock draft without further ado.

Round 1

1st overall, COL from CHI
Trade!
Yeti send: 1st overall pick
Hawks send: 2nd overall pick, 14th overall pick(BAL 2nd)

This trade might seem a bit baffling as the Hawks paid so much to move up just one spot. However, this makes sense if you get into details. This pick will most likely be safety Greedy Sly. The Yeti doesn't need a safety, as they have mostly young roster in the position, and got Thubba Bumper in the DSFL to fill in IA Uchiha's spot. However, they can always just 'draft the user' and stash Sly in the DSFL or change his positions, as they can draft linebacker- the position they need- with their second first round pick. The Hawks, on the other hand, will be looking to trade away their own second round pick, as they will be forced to draft their GM Huskies311's player there otherwise. So the Hawks will look to trade down and maximize the value of rhe GM player. And Sly just happenes to be a great user in a position of need. I'd say it will be a great value for that 2nd round pick.

With the 1st overall pick, the Baltimore Hawks select S Greedy Sly
As I said above, Sly is perfect fit for the Hawks. The Hawks need a safety as they only have regressing Walt Green in thevposition, and Sly is the top safety(top player as well) of the draft with a great user behind him. Sylphreni had established himself as a big name user in the podcasts, and is regarded as one of the best rookie users in this draft class.

2nd overall, COL from BAL

The Colorado Yeti Select LB Tyrone Woods
The best player available in the board at this point is defensive tackle Tyler Montain. However, the Yeti don't have room for Montain as their defensive line as a whole is very young, with 3 out of 4 starters being S21 or S22. The Yeti's greatest need is the linebacker position, in which Mo Berry and Tony Gabagool both enterkng second season of regression. Gabagool, especially, will need a immediate successor as he will only be around for one or two more seasons because of his TPE levels. So the Yeti's choice here is to select a linebacker. Tyrone is one of the top tier wide receivers TPE wise, and he is the most active as a user among that gorup. User Rindiee is a veteran of this league, and had been doing some great graphics works and been active in the discord simce he recreated. So I think he will be the Yeti's choice in this pick.

3rd overall, HON

The Honolulu Hahalua select S L' carpetron Dookmarriot
Despite the fact that the Hahalua got two senddwon safeties back in the DSFL in Buck Thornton and Shawn Dawkins, they still need a defensive back as Emodev Emoji is retiring after this season. So, the Hahalua is expected to pick the best defensive back in the board regardless of them being cornerback or safety to fill in the gap, as both positions are interchangeable without pebalty in the sim. Dookmarriot is certainly the best player among cornerbacks and safeties now that Greedy sly is gone. While he is not the most active of users in the forums and discord, he's max earbing and that's the important thing.

4th overall ARI

The Arizona Outlaws select DT Tyler Montain
The Outlaws don't have any noticeable needs in the roster, as they patched all their roster holes with their massive S22 rookie class. So, I expect them to mostly draft the bet player available in this draft. Tyler Montain is most certainly the best player available in this point. He is one of the top TPE earners of this class, and user amidships had been phenomenal since joining. Amid is renowned for his great works with the draft graphic sigs, and is a great person to be around, as I know from my experience in the Birddogs locker room. Montain will most likely sit out in the DSFL for a season, and called up wheb Shane masters enters regression after S23. On side note, I can see other teams , like the Sabercats, trading up to this spot for Montain.

5th overall PHI

The Philadelphia Liberty select DE Son Goku
The Liberty needs a defensive end, as their only serviceable defensive end is ILove Gimmy, as Jeff personsacker gotbless than 100 TPE and the Liberty has no senddwons in defensive end position. They do have two senddwons in defensive tackle, but DTs don't perform well as DE in the sim. So the Liberty will naturally select the best defensive end on the draft board, which is Son Goku. Goku stands out in the position group with more than 30 TPE difference to next best defensive end, and user Naosu had been active in both the discord and the forums producing some interesting backstory articles. As Goku will get to play in the NSFL from day 1, this is a great fit for both the team and the player

6th overall SJS

The San Jose Sabercats select DT Carl Wheezer
The Sabercats need a defensive tackle, as Brayden Ennis will retire at the end if this season and they got no senddowns in the position. So, I can see them teying to trade up to grab Tyler Montain, maybe to 3rd or 4th overall spot. In this case, however, they don't trade up and take Carl Wheezer instead. Wheezer is a great player of his own right, with more than 200 TPE and an active user behind him. LGMforever is another veteran of this league, with several successful past players. He'll be a great replacement to Ennis, and be a good presence in the Sabercats locker room.

7th overall SAR

The Sarasota Sailfish select CB Ray- Ray Jackson
The Sailfish need a cornerback, as Lucas Knight enter his second season of regression and they don't have any active senddowns of the position in the DSFL. So they will use this pick on Ray- Ray Jackson, the best cornerback in this draft class. Jackson currently has 196 TPE, and seems to be max earning. He'll most likely be sent down to the DSFL for a season and then called up as both knight and Jordan Andrews will be into regression by that point.

8th overall SAR from NOLA

The Sarasota Sailfish select DE Tycker Om
This is the pick the Sailfish got from the Second line as they traded the second overall pick of last season's draft (which became DT Magnus Rikiya) to them. The Sailfish will seek to strengthen their defensive end position as boh Fabricio Baldari and Mike Franchet will be retiring after this season, amd there is no defensive end senddown in the DSFL. so they will aelect Tycker Om, who is the best remaining defensive end at this point. Om is a max earning player with 196 TPE, and user mysa had been writing soom good media recently. I think this will be a good fit for both sides.

9th overall COL

The Colorado Yeti select LB Heinrich Kackpoo
The Yeti grabs two linebackers in a row. This can be confusing, and I admit that this is not the most logical of moves. However, you'll understand if you see Yeti's roster situation. The Yeti has a young core, with many S18 players with S21/S22 players mixed in. In positions manned by older players like quarterback or runningback, there are S22 senddowns in DSFL. The only exception to that is the linebacker position. And as both Mo Berry and Tony Gabagool are S15, two future replacements will be eventually needed. So the Yeti take the luxury of snagging both 1st and 2nd linebacker off the draft board. Kackpoo is the best linebacker in terms of TPE, and had been max earning consistently. He'll be a great addition to the corps after a season or two.

10th overall HON from AUS

The Honolulu Hahalua select LB Hingle McCringleberry
He Hahalua need a linebacker as Jaylen Storm will retire at the end of season, and Sandip Bakshi is inactive on top of being deep into regression. As that only leaves them with Mack Arianlacher in the linebacker position, the Hahalua will amend the problem by selecting Hingle McCringleberry. McCringleberry, the third best linebacker of the class after Kakpoo and Woods, still is a quite formidable player with 195 TPE. He is also active in the locker rooms. So he'll provide help in the needed position and be another active user in Hahalua locker room.

11th overall OCO

The Orange County Otters select LB Griffin Porter
The run for linebackers continue as the Otters also need one as Lanzer Grievous is regressing and David Ginsberg is unlikely to survive this regression. The Otters select Porter, who is the best linebacker remaining on the board. Porter isba solidbearner, and user asylumparty is a veteran of this league who is active in the discord. I think he'll be a good fit to the Otters.

12th overall YKW

The Yellowknife Wraiths select CB Mikel Van Perkins
Thr Wraiths will need a cornerback as Johnny Snuggles is very deep into regression and they have no cornerbacks sent down in DSFL. They do have safety Magnus Valdyr, but the Wraiths will need him to replace retiring Danny Grithead. So the Wraiths will get help in the cornerback position bay selecting Van Perkins, the best cornerback left on the board. Van Perkins is active, and had been showing some activities in the firum recently as well. Van Perkins will be called up to start next season.

2nd round

13th overall CHI

The Chicago Butchers select S DB Jadakiss
The Butchers got a lot of holes to fill as they are in the starting stages of a rebuild. Defensive backs are one of them. They currebtly need to replace Xerxes Ridley, who is inactive and regressing, and Martavius Mack, who won't survive the next regression. One of those, likely Mack's spot, will be filled by DSFL senddown Abbas Muhammad. However, the Butchers still need a active player to fill in Ridley's spot, and that's where Jadakiss comes into play. While he is a safety, Jadakiss can certainly be used as a cornerback without any problems. And as he's the best defensive back left in the board at this point, with more than 30 TPE difference to the best cornerback, it's almost a no brainer for the Butchers.

14th overall COL from BAL

The Colorado Yeti select OL Dick Thruster
Surprise, surprise! The first offensive player taken iff the board is offensive lineman. Celebratory fireworks will be going off at the fair rubs club. This phenomenon had been somewhat expected as basically only offensive position with open NSFL roster spot is offensive line. That's exactly the case with Yeti. With all other positions sufficiently filled, the Yeti decided to take a luxury pick and draft an offensive libeman a bit early. A human offensive lineman will save a lot of cap space compared to bits, and another active user in the locker room is always great. Dick Thruster is the best offensive lineman TPE wise and name wise, and Personmann is a veteran of several sim leagues and a fun guy. I think he'll be a great fit to the Yeti.

15th overall HON

The Honolulu Hahalua select DT Bane Ka 'an?' an?
This a GM pick, so it's a no brainer. Bane is Hahalua GM Adwyer's player, and will be selected in this pick as per the draft rules. I can see the Hahalua trading down to the lower 2nd round pick in order to extract as much value as possible from this GM pick.

16th overall ARI

The Arizona Outlaws select S Raphael D' Alcott
The Outlaws needed a safety alongside S22 rookie Quinn Hughes, even though they could've used their abundant cornerbacks in that position instead. However, when one of the best players available are a player in that position? You just can't pass. Raphael D' Alcott is that player. He's one of the best players on the board and the best DB with a big margin. As a user, he's very active in the locker rooms and wrote several articles so far. I think the Outlaws will like him in their locker room.

17th overall PHI

The Philadelphia Liberty select WR Kai Sakura
This is where the first wide receiver goes off thr board. The Liberty don't exactly need a wide receiver as Nacho Varga will have several seasons of production before retirement, but they'll need a future plan. And the Liberty don't have many holes in the roster, as they filled them through draft. So they certainly can afford to draft Kai Sakura as best player available and ready him as eventual successor to Nacho Varga. Sakura is a great value pick in terms of TPE, as he got 206. And Darknessrising is very active user in the discord and produced some media and podcasts. He'll be a good addition to the Liberty.

18th overall SJS

The San Jose Sabercats select DE Walter Chestnut III
This is another GM pick, as Chestnut is Sabercats GM CKroyal's player. I don't think the Sabercats will try ti trade down as they are situated near the mid second roubd, and it will be hard to find a trade partner willing to just move up a few spots.

19th overall ARI from SAR

The Arizona Outlaws select RB Nicholas Ayers
Another Arizona pick, and they have no needy positions. So, I gave them the best player available in the draft board. Nicholas Ayers is that player. I know that the Outlaws got 2 senddown runningbacks in the DSFL, but Ayers can be an improvement as a max earner, or can change positions in the worst case scenario. Plus, faded is active in discord and forum, and had wrote several good articles. He'll be a great addition to the locker room, regardless of the position he plays.

20th overall NOLA

The New Orleans Second Line select S Adélie de Pengu
Another GM pick, this time it's new Second Line GM Isa's player.

21st overall BAL from COL

The Baltimore Hawks select DE CJ Riley
Another GM pick, the player of Hawks GM Huskies311. I had the Hawks trading away their own second round pick to the Yeti to move up to the 1st overall spot because they would have to select Riley with that pick instead if the pick was still there.

22nd overall HON from AUS

The Honolulu Hahalua select RB Joseph Petrongolo
The Hahalua got a RB1 in KKM, but rhey can do with an improvement there as Ruff Ruff is inactive. Petrongolo is a prime candidate for that role, as he is max earning and very active both in the discord and in the forums. He also happens to be one of the best players available by this point. Petrongolo will be a great presence in the Hahalua locker room, and will be good in the backfield if he is given time to develop.

23rd overall OCO

The Orange County Otters select S Bob Bob
The Otters secondary is currently strong, and there only worry in there will be regression and eventual retirement if cornerback AJ Lattimer. So the Otters draft Bob Bob, who can be a cornerback, as best player available and develop him to be the eventual replacement to Lattimer. Bob Bob, or user Nickyvmlp, is a veteran who wrote many great articles after recreating. He'll be a great fit for the Otters.

24th overall SAR from YKW

The Sarasota Sailfish select QB Reginald Covington III
The Sailfish is in need of a quarterback. Even though they selected Tom Sofa and signed Zach Vega off the free agency market, the need for the future quarterback still exists as both Sofa and Vega had been inactive. And as the Sailfish git no other position of particular need, it is most logical that they come in with this pick and draft the only quarterback of this draft class. Covington is max earning, which is something crucial in being a quarterback. That will help him be the face of the Sailfish Franchise after a season. I think there's a off chance the Sailfish might call up Covington right away as Rose Jenkins will be retiring after this season.

Round 3

25th overall CHI

The Chicago Butchers select DT Braxton Sinclair
The Butchers are in need of a second defensive tackle alongside Joh Smirh, as Trae Bacon is inactive with only 159 TPE. Drafting Sinclair, who got 167 TPE and still earning, will be an instant upgrade to him. Sinclair is active in the forums and wrote several media articles. I think he'll be a goid mid round value pick, something the Butchers need very much.

26th overall COL from BAL

The Colorado Yeti select OL Julio Jones
The Yeti select their second lineman of the draft, and secure both tackle positions in one go. They effectly hogged all the active offensive linemen in this class by doing so. This is because offensive line is about the only position they need, as I explained before ay the Yeti's secobd round pick. Jones is a rookie user, who had shown some promise by being active in the discord and writing some media. He will fit well with Yeti, and might be a crucial piece to their run fir the Ultimus.

27th Overall HON

The Honolulu Hahalua select CB Tomage McGullager
The Hahalua will need several defensive back spots next season, as Emodev Emoji is retiring and the other two players, Victor Moreno and Joseph Wozniak, are inactive. So, the Hahalua will need a cornerback in addition to their current senddowns as they only have only one senddown cornerback becase Ozamataz Buckshank retired. So McGullager will be the choice here. He's earning nicely, and he has high probability of sticking around for a long time as he is a GM in PBE. On top of that, he is a good locker room guy, something the Hahalua would want.

28th overall ARI

The Arizona Outlaws select LB Eric Richards
The Outlaws filled all of their needs, and basically everyone they draft will be depth move. So they'll be mostly drafting for best players available or drafting players from position of relatively shallow depth. Eric Richards is the latter case, as the Outlaws' currebt senddown linebacker Trevor Mouseman had been inactive for a while. Richards also happenes to be one of the BPAs, too. He's active, and had been popping out some medias and podcasts. Richards got great value in terms of user, and I can see hisbdraft stock increasing as time progresses.

29th overall PHI

The Philadelphia Liberty select RB Danny King
The Liberty also got no notable holes, and will be seeking to draft best player available by this point of the draft. Danny King is that player, with more than 180 TPE. Even if the Liberty has young RB duo in Torenson and Dotson, a little depth in the opsition will be good. And King will be able to change positions if things don't work out.

30th overall YKW from SJS

The Yellowknife Wraiths select S Eugene Smoothie
The Wraiths need to prepare successors to some of their old players in thevsecondary defence. As everyone in that position except S22 rookie Johnny Hellzapoppin will be into or entering regression within next two seasons, some depth is needed even after senddown Magnus Valdyr and 1st round pick Mikel Van Perkins is factored in. Eugene Smoothie is the best defensive back left in the board, and will be that depth piece the Wraiths seeks. Smoothie is active and a solid earner, and will be ready to take the NSFL field in a few seasons.

31st overall SAR

The Sarasota Sailfish Select WR Tychondrius Hood
The Sailfish got most of their needs sorted, and it's time fir them to look for depth and BPAs. The best player available at this point is certainly Tychondrius Hood, who had slided a lot due to most teams not needing a wide receiver. Hood, who is active and max earning, will be eventual successor to Dexter Banks II, who will enter regression after S23. He is a great media writer and graphics guy, as well as being active in discord, so I think the Sailfish got a steal here.

32nd overall NOLA

The New Orleans Second Line select WR Luca Scabbia
This is basically Second Line's first pick in the draft as they had to draft their GM with their second round pick. So they address their most needy position with that pickx which is wide receiver. Fortunately firbthem, wide receivers collectively slided and Luca Scabbia, one of the top 3 wide receivers, is still on the draft board. Scabbia is max earning and a great graphics person who makes amazing sigs, will be heading to New Orleans and play in the NSFL from day 1 instead of retiring Bona'beri Jones. He certainly got a quality needed for a future WR1.

33rd overall AUS from COL

The Austin Copperheads select K/P Datsum PhastBawls
The Copperheads don't have many needs, and one of them is kicker. Alfredo Crisco is deep into regression, and one or two more season is the maximum he can hold on. So the Copperheads will draft PhastBawls, the top kicker of this draft to replace him after a season down in the DSFL. PhastBawls is a max earner, something very rare among kickers. So he'll be over Crisco in no time and kick forbthe Copperheads for a long time to come.

34th overall ARI from AUS

The Arizona Outlaws select TE Rigby Racoon
The Outlaws have rookie Heath Evans at tight end, but they can always draft another and form a two TE set. That's what they're doing in this scenario. Although Racoon doesn't have as much TPE as other draft picks mentioned so far, but he had been very active in both discord and forums recently. If that trend continues, I can see him drafted early as I believe there is a lot of room to increase draft stock in this draft class. Racoon will be the first tight wnd drafted from a thin tight end class.

35th overall ARI from OCO

The Arizona Outlaws select CB Jason Young
Yet another Outlaws pick. I believe they will be going towards defensive back depth at this point as they currebtly don't have senddowns in those positions. And Jason Young is the best defensive back still available. Young isbactive and is a decebt earner, so he will be a good addition for depth in the Outlaws secondary.

36th overall YKW

The Yellowknife Wraiths select DE Mike Karpassi
The Wraiths got two rookie defensive ends in James Cho and Patrick Money, But they need someone to fill in ay defensive tackle position as they only got Giannis Kroustis there. Karpassi is the best defensive lineman remaining ay this point, and he is expected to replace inactive Chad Maulolo's spot after spending a season at the DSFL. Karpassi had been a solid earner, so I think he'll be a good contributor to Wraiths defense in few seasons.

Conclusions
I know this is a little early to write a mock draft, but it was still fun to write. I can see some players already gaining high grounds, and some players who, in my opinion, got the potential to soar up the draft board through the process and become higher picks in the end. The TPE gap between top players in this class is small as is common with most classes, so activities outside TPEs- media, graphics, podcasts, discord activities, etc- would play a crucial role in deciding final draft places along with team needs. So I think almost any of the max earning players have potential to go high if they excel in thise activities.

*S23 Yonggarius mock draft- ver 1.0 - Mooty99 - 05-22-2020

Great work but Austin own Honolulu's 2nd round pick

*S23 Yonggarius mock draft- ver 1.0 - yonggarius - 05-22-2020

(05-22-2020, 10:43 AM)Mooty99 Wrote:Great work but Austin own Honolulu's 2nd round pick
Oof.. might've forgotten that. I might have to release a 2.0 veraion soon anyways as that will almost warrent an overhaul to fix.

*S23 Yonggarius mock draft- ver 1.0 - Jo3fish5 - 05-22-2020

thx for the kind words bro ????

*S23 Yonggarius mock draft- ver 1.0 - CDub2 - 05-22-2020

Really good write up. Someone did their homework!

*S23 Yonggarius mock draft- ver 1.0 - Tylus - 05-22-2020

This seems realistic for me, thanks for the kind words.

*S23 Yonggarius mock draft- ver 1.0 - JSS - 05-22-2020

what about 3' Jeffrey

*S23 Yonggarius mock draft- ver 1.0 - Faded - 05-22-2020

(05-22-2020, 01:50 AM)yonggarius Wrote:I know this is a little early to write a mock draft, but it was still fun to write. I can see some players already gaining high grounds, and some players who, in my opinion, got the potential to soar up the draft board through the process and become higher picks in the end. The TPE gap between top players in this class is small as is common with most classes, so activities outside TPEs- media, graphics,  podcasts, discord activities, etc- would play a crucial role in deciding final draft places along with team needs. So I think almost any of the max earning players have potential to go high if they excel in thise activities.

Well said. Thank you for the kind words!

*S23 Yonggarius mock draft- ver 1.0 - qWest - 05-22-2020

1. Sarasota already has an active QB ready to take over: Chris Ramos.
2. I really, really don't think it's smart for GMs to take offense early in this draft. There aren't really any teams that have big needs on offense, most of the biggest needs are defense. Also, the overabundance of good offensive players makes it incredibly likely that GMs will wait much longer to draft them. We saw the same thing last season, some people had you mocked for the first round, but because there were so many good offensive players and not a lot of open spots you dropped to late in the 3rd.

*S23 Yonggarius mock draft- ver 1.0 - PDXBaller - 05-22-2020

Sarasota won't be drafting me for sure. Ramos is ready to step in and they are one of the few teams that haven't reached out to me in scouting.