International Simulation Football League
Predicting S2 Free Agency - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: Predicting S2 Free Agency (/showthread.php?tid=2235)

Predicting S2 Free Agency - youngcricket - 07-16-2017

[div align=\\\"center\\\"]S2 Free Agency: The Bercovici and Bowers Show
[/div]
There will not be much going on in free agency this season, as Stormblessed and Josh Garden both signed extensions, really watering down the talent pool in the class. The big guys to watch will end up being Josh Bercovici and Vick Bowers Jr., as most other unsigned players will either not be picked up or will be signed to filler deals.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"]Vick Bowers Jr.
[/div]

[Image: 0111-ezekiel-elliott-dallas-14-300w.jpg]

Vick Bowers Jr. is an interesting name to watch. The Las Vegas Legion traded for his rights, but the two sides have yet to come to an agreement. The Legion need a good running back and Bowers Jr. could be a cog for their offense for the first few crucial years of their existence. The running back was 2nd in the league with 1003 yards and was a constant on the San Jose Sabercats' roster. Throughout the QB controversy that surrounded them, he was very good at running the rock and was amongst the best in the league at it. One concern could be that his yards per carry was a measly 3.8 yards per carry. Some people believe that the offensive line of Sabercats was very good, while others believe it was very average. It's hard to decide what caused the struggles, but he is a player with a lot of talent and if put in the right position, he will succeed.

For me, there are two options as to where he ends up. He will either stay with the Legion or he will go where his friends reside, in Orange County. He is known to be very close with Shaka and is even opening a league with him. With that said, I think he will realize that the Legion paid for him and will re-sign with the Legion.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"]Josh Bercovici
[/div]

[Image: mike-bercovici-ncaa-football-ucla-arizona-state2.jpg]

Arguably the most polarizing man in the NSFL, Bercovici has been a media circus ever since he was drafted and had made many people feel conflicted about him. Being drafted by the Otters, he was in an intense camp battle with Ethan Hunt and Mike Boss for the starting spot. The coach eventually chose Boss and Hunt was traded to San Jose, leaving Berc as the lonely backup. He has continued to improve throughout the season, though. When he got a chance to play, the Otters were 2-1 and Berc threw for 581 yards and tossed 4 touchdowns and 4 interceptions. he had one game with three interceptions, so essentially 2 clean games and one that was very rough.

Nobody knows what Berc is looking for except that he wants a job. He has ruled out the Outlaws and Sabercats as they didn't try their hardest to obtain him. It can be assumed he will avoid Noble's Yeti, the Otters, and Orosz and Yellowknife. That leaves Baltimore, Philly, and Las Vegas. Baltimore still has Scrub Kyubee, who is at a similar level as Berc, so that is an unlikely trade. If I had to guess, I would say he ends up in Las Vegas as well and teams up with Bowers Jr. and Stormblessed to cement a potentially competitive team in Vegas.

Interview w/ Berc
1) What emotions were going through your head when you were rotting on the Otters' bench?

In the beginning it was pure rage. I knew I was the best option and should of been playing. It was much worse with Petrakis as Gm, once Shaka took over, someone I respect- even though he also made the wrong choice- I kind of just said fuck it and decided to worry about me, the team had made their choice, so that's why you saw me go play in the prospect games instead of being with the team.

2) What are you looking for in a team during free agency?

A team with a clear direction that involves yours truly as the centrepiece. And a competent fucking Gm.

3) Where do you rank among the QBs in the NSFL?

I'm at the top and I will prove that next season. There's nobody better than me.

4) If you could choose one player to team up with who would it be and why?

Josh Garden. We would destroy everybody, not a Defense in the league that could hold us.

@Merica

GRADED

Predicting S2 Free Agency - Stormblessed - 07-16-2017

Though I would certainly love to play with Bowers and the Legion would be thrilled to have him, he appears to have agreed to a contract with the Otters.

Strange, considering the anti-tampering rules we have and he's property of the Legion but evidently that doesn't matter much considering their GM's gloating in a different thread.

Best of luck to both OCO and Bowers.

Predicting S2 Free Agency - youngcricket - 07-17-2017

Interview posted!

Predicting S2 Free Agency - Merica - 07-17-2017

Fuck yah

Predicting S2 Free Agency - Jiggly_333 - 07-17-2017

(07-16-2017, 10:12 PM)DillyDing Wrote:Though I would certainly love to play with Bowers and the Legion would be thrilled to have him, he appears to have agreed to a contract with the Otters.

Strange, considering the anti-tampering rules we have and he's property of the Legion but evidently that doesn't matter much considering their GM's gloating in a different thread.

Best of luck to both OCO and Bowers.
I think it's also strange that you guys are getting Bercovici after attempted extortion.

Love you, Merica. The NSFW Thread will never be the same without you.

Predicting S2 Free Agency - Stormblessed - 07-17-2017

(07-17-2017, 11:45 AM)Jiggly_333 Wrote:I think it's also strange that you guys are getting Bercovici after attempted extortion.

Love you, Merica. The NSFW Thread will never be the same without you.

I'm not sure you know what extortion means.

Because if you do, you just admitted there is something available to extort.

Seems like an open and shut tampering case if so. Thanks for making it easy on us and just admitting it. I respect your honesty.

Baller, what kind of punishment should the Otters be expecting?

Predicting S2 Free Agency - Jiggly_333 - 07-17-2017

(07-17-2017, 01:24 PM)DillyDing Wrote:I'm not sure you know what extortion means.

Because if you do, you just admitted there is something available to extort.

Seems like an open and shut tampering case if so. Thanks for making it easy on us and just admitting it. I respect your honesty.

Baller, what kind of punishment should the Otters be expecting?
"Attempted" as in you thought you were going to "get us" when there was fuck all there.

I'd drop this, but I don't like being accused of shit that I didn't do and then having someone attempt to use false information to get me to do stupid shit. I've had this shit happen to me in real life too many times and I won't let it happen in an environment when people are here to have fun.

So stop being an ass hole. There was no evidence and if you want to bring up bull shit, then I'll bring up my much more legitimate complaints too.