International Simulation Football League
According to my Calculations - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Statistical Analysis (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=153)
+---- Thread: According to my Calculations (/showthread.php?tid=2258)

According to my Calculations - timeconsumer - 07-17-2017

Good Afternoon and welcome back to another exciting addition of According to My Calculation where I pretend to know what I'm talking about as I inundate you with numbers and tables. Last week we spent some time discussing TPE, who starts with the most? Who gets to spend the most? What can they spend it on? And other exciting things related to the start and end of your career.

This week I would like to focus on how we're spending that TPE, and where we are headed. I have been tracking player attributes and TPE (like a creeper) all throughout the regular season. In this analysis I am going to ignore the preseason and the post season and focus on what happened between the four updates that we received for the regular NSFL season. My first data collection was after the 6/10 update (just before week 1), and my last was after the 7/1 update (just before the final games and conference championships). And I am going to share with you what happened by position during these 4-ish weeks. I will also note two things: I intentionally left out anyone who joined mid-season or who changed positions mid-season. So if you weren't here for game 1 or were playing a different position? You don't count. Deal with it.

CUE THE TABLE!

[Image: Glm3mkh.png]

Oh isn't she beautiful? What we are looking at here is the average TPE per position and where it was spent during the regular season. No I know what you're thinking, and I'm getting to it, there's no f'ing way we only earned 23 TPE per player on average, you're an idiot. And while I might concede the second point to you, point one is indeed correct. The average TPE per regular season player was rather low, but this is watered down with inactives. But who cares about those guys? Not me, let's remove them!

Now here I have removed anyone who earned 0 TPE between the 4 updates. If you earned 1, you still count.

[Image: 914twx9.png]

As we can see the average jumped significantly. From 23 to 39. One trend to note is the largest jump happened for DT, K, and S. Those were our most inactive positions.

Of our at least partially active regular seasoners we can see that the most active positions with above 40 average TPE gained per person were OL, WR, K, and LB. Meanwhile QB was the least active.

Moving on to positions we can see that CBs in the league spent the majority of their TPE on speed and hands with over 2/3s of their stats going into there. Safeties spent about the same on speed, but split up everthing else very evenly.

DEs focused a mix of strength and speed, while DTs focused speed speed and more speed.

Linebackers were all speed and tackling with those two stats accounting for 68% of their expenditure.

Linemen were all about strength spending a average of 25 TPE per person into strength during the regular season, accounting for over half of all their points.

QBs were mostly accuracy and arm, with the rest splitting between speed and int.

RBs focused speed with about 40% of their TPE while another 40% went to strength and agility.

Tight ends spent their points on......everything. Which is expected given the variance at the position.

Finally WRs spent 40% on speed and another 40% on hands and agility.

In total of the average 39.74 TPE earned per person during the season a whole 33% of it went into speed and 18% into strength. Two attributes of 13 accounted for over half of all TPE spent during this season.

Stay tuned for the next installment where I may or not break this down by team!

Code:
Ready to be Graded

GRADED

According to my Calculations - Anti-Hype - 07-17-2017

Great stuff! This could certainly help with balancing issues i'd imagine. (if it hasn't already Tongue ) Big Grin

According to my Calculations - timeconsumer - 07-17-2017

(07-17-2017, 03:44 PM)Anti-Hype Wrote:Great stuff! This could certainly help with balancing issues i'd imagine. (if it hasn't already  TongueBig Grin

Balancing my bank account, sure.

According to my Calculations - Roshambo - 07-17-2017

These are my favorite things. :tophat:

According to my Calculations - Noppadet - 07-17-2017

Very cool! I would have expected WRs to put the most into speed, not DTs.

(07-17-2017, 12:54 PM)Roshambo Wrote:These are my favorite things.  :tophat:

According to my Calculations - timeconsumer - 07-18-2017

(07-17-2017, 05:34 PM)Noppadet Wrote:Very cool! I would have expected WRs to put the most into speed, not DTs.

A good portion of that is going to be removed. Most DT positions were given a -10 point speed Nerf, which could be anything from 50 to 20 TPE depending on the archetype. In general it follows the trend that on defense speed is one of the best stats.