International Simulation Football League
*DSFL Destination Comparison - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *DSFL Destination Comparison (/showthread.php?tid=22651)

*DSFL Destination Comparison - CementHands - 06-02-2020

Hello, I felt it would be very important to let my initial thoughts on team branding and location be known, due to the utmost importance of my opinion and not educated opinion:

:dsfl: :dsfl: :dsfl:

Portland Pythons POR

Branding: I like the alteration. Color scheme looks to be black, yellow and white, goes well together, although yellow text on white jersey receives a -1. I don't imagine Pythons are really an issue in Portland given their habitat is in South East Asia, so the realism for this Fake Football league eats another minus.

Location: I don't know much about Portland aside from the fact that the residents seem to like to riot and loot quite a bit - that may have been a more fitting name because it's a pretty scary concept. It looks to be very rainy as well, and the population of 655 000 residents gives it a nice mid sized city size. They look to be pretty active in the craft beer scene, so Ragnar could see himself getting cozy with a few local breweries. Overall I'll do a -1 for the riots.

Verdict 7/10

Kansas City Cyotes KCC

Branding: I really don't like these colors. Purple, mustard and black, and I guess technically white because that's one set of jersey. The jerseys themselves don't actually look too bad, maybe it's the banner that just throws me off. It does seem like Cyotes are around KC and even growing in numbers, but they aren't too scary of an animal. Adequate choice of the animal here, I don't like the image though - that could use a facelift.

Location: KC is right in BBQ country - fantastic. Almost 500 000 residents makes this in line with pretty good sized medium city. Did I mention I love BBQ? Full marks on location

Verdict 7/10

London Royals LON

Branding: Well it looks like this team is brand new, as I can only see information on S22. Also lacking a team information page so docking points all around for that. I jest, maybe 1 point. Based purely off the logo looks pretty similar to Portland in colors, just less intense so that's ok, but also not unique.

Location: I'm assuming this is London England? That's a ton of travel and a massive city. Not a fan of needing to fake fly 6+ hours minimum for every game - yes, I would be commuting to work. This has to be by far the largest center in the DSFL at 9 million residents..

Verdict 6/10

Minesota Grey Ducks MIN

Branding: Ok, what is a grey duck? This does not sound intimidating. A quick google search just brought up pictures of ducks. Again no team Info, and it looks like this team is recent as well. Color wise I like the choice of blue / grey, and assume their jerseys follow the theme.
Location: Discounting some of the current events Minnesota would be a nice area to live. Some beautiful scenery around and Minneapolis comes in at 425 000 population - the biggest I think of the twin cities. Full marks for location.

Verdict 7 / 10

Dallas Birddogs DAL

Branding: Ok, this is either a yoga pose or a hunting dog that retrieves came - usually ducks after you shoot them. I feel like there are a lot more imposing things that you could associate a team with. I don't like the name. This may be another of the recent expansion teams (was there an expansion for last season?) as I'm not seeing a team information page, or anything past this last season. Gold and Blue colors. I like these.

Location: I like Dallas as a location a lot. It's a big city in a big state with a population of 1 345 000 it's our second biggest city behind London. I feel like there is a great potential for life outside of game and practice here.

Verdict 7 / 10

Norfolk Seawolves NOR

Branding: I love this name. It sounds cool. At first you think it's an animal, but upon a little research and based on the location it is very likely either a torpedo, or an attack class nuclear submarine. Both are pretty awesome and pack a punch. Colors are white / black / dark blue. They do have a Team Info page, but they don't list anything and it looks like a bit of an odd start before they became a team with real players. Top marks for branding.

Location: Norfolk, VA has a population of 243 000. Having lived in a city of that size for a while the size is ok, but is a bit on the small size for my preference here. I assume most of the population works with the Navy in some way so that brings it's benefits and detractions. Don't love the location, I think a 2/5 is fair here.

Verdict 7 / 10

Myrtle Beach Buccaneers BBB

Branding: I think this is my favorite brand, I love it. The colors contrast like an 80's video game with purple and green, but it works and the dead pirate is a fearsome foe. Looks like quite a few rebrands / relocations in this teams history, but those were for the better as they have a great brand now.

Location: I'd be a massive hypocrate if I didn't mention the 33 000 residents as a drawback when I just did for Norfolk. Right on the coast, looks like some beautiful property that could be had, quiet, relaxing, but is there anything else to do. One benefit of the small places is you have the option for it to be a get away from big city stuff where medium sized cities do not have that. Call me a hypocrate, the low population out of the way location is a plus

Verdict 9 / 10

Tijuana Luchadores TIJ

Branding: a Luchadore is the Mexican wrestler. Fantastic, takes on the persona of the whole nation and is a pretty neat icon. Fans could wear masks to games, lots of potential. Colors are Red, Green, and grey / black.

Location: It says that there is apparently 1 300 000 residents. This seems like a lot for this area which is mostly characterized as a border party town, and also has a dangerous reputation that seems to be a bit over blown, atleast when you group in the rest of Mexican cities to the same criteria. Carry a gun and pay off the cartel and you should be ok, but the threat of kidnapping might be ever present.

Verdict 8 / 10

At the end of our definitely scientific comparison, we come away with Outliers in Myrtle Beach, Tijuana, and on the other end of the scale London. This doesn't take into account conversations that I've had with any team, or personal feelings about where I want to go - personal feelings are if you want me for the DSFL, then that's where I want to go.

Code:
1166 Words