International Simulation Football League
*Tyler Oles JR Decision - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Tyler Oles JR Decision (/showthread.php?tid=22703)

Pages: 1 2

*Tyler Oles JR Decision - Oles - 06-04-2020

It has been a few days since I opted out, and I’ve weighed this decision very heavily. Originally, I had no plans to leave Arizona, Arizona is a fantastic young team that really has a great path to success, and I did want to be a part of that. The team is absolutely built to be a dominant force in the ASFC for many seasons, and with how tough the ASFC is it’s a testament to how the GMs have built the team and how they’re setup for success. Now, my original plan was to test and see what GMs thought of me, who reached out and who actually wanted me to join their team, I was never planning on leaving and this was just a litmus test for later on, but then the messages started rolling in and something changed, something felt different.

I can’t say enough good things about Arizona, I have an immense amount of respect for the team, and for their players, even for Zamir who I’ve grown to like and played with in Portland and in Arizona. I know Zamir is a very controversial figure, but to me he has always been a passionate dude who enjoys the league, maybe even a little too much at times. He gets a lot of flack and a lot of heat because of how he is, and he may be a little boneheaded at times (like the Jackson tampering) but he means well and is a great help to his team. He may have stolen all my interceptions, but he’ll definitely be a premier CB in the league for many seasons, he has all the makings of success and I think he was a top 3 CB in the draft, but fell because of his attitude. He is a great locker room presence and teams will be sorry they passed on him. As for the rest of Arizona, I can’t say there’s a person on that team I don’t like, it really is hard to even consider leaving the team, especially with Swagsloth being there, who brought Kazimir to Arizona and I really felt how the team was at that point. I could go on and on about Arizona, highlighting every single thing about that team and how much respect I have for the team, but I don’t feel like writing thousands upon thousands of words right now, so I’m going to leave it at that.

As for the other teams who came calling, one team really jumped out ahead of everyone else, and it’s not because of my history with the team, it’s not because I made the team, it’s because of the locker room and the group they’ve put together. The culture of Chicago has changed so much and is so different than it was just 2 seasons ago, even just 1 season ago. I had around 8-10 people message me regarding Chicago, while only 6 teams in total talked to me about joining their team. Chicago really showed be just how much they changed over a season, and just how ready they are to make that leap and go to the next level.

Sarasota and San Jose, while not to the same level, did a great job showing me just how ready they are to compete as well, and should be very solid teams this upcoming season. Both teams fall into the same boat for me of teams that were close to dethroning Arizona, and teams that showed they have what it takes, but ultimately, they came up just short against Chicago and Arizona. These are both teams that if I were in a worse situation, with a team that didn’t really have a future or I felt wasn’t doing enough, I’d strongly consider them.
Orange County and Colorado were the final two teams to send me messages, and both fall into the category of if I want an easy title, I’d go to one of them. Both teams are absolutely fantastic teams that should be destined for another Ultimus clash soon, and I can see the merits in going to both of those teams. But at the end of the day I’d rather help build up a dynasty and see a team go from nothing to greatness. I have a lot of respect for Orange County since I’ve seen them dominate the league for many, many seasons, and even got to be a part of that as they took Kaz’s corpse to the Ultimus. Colorado turned around their misfortune after 22 seasons, going from laughingstock for many of those seasons and so close but not quite enough for the others, to victors and champions. There’s a lot of respect and a lot of willpower to do that, especially for Infinite who was with them for most of it.

Now, my decision has not been an easy one. It quickly became a two-horse race between Chicago and their magnificent showing, and Arizona which is a team I know very well and could be a part of big things for many seasons. Every other team really impressed me, but Chicago really hit a home run, and Arizona is just a team I never expected to consider leaving before my contract ran its entire course. Ultimately, it is a tough decision, the team that drafted me and the team that really seemed to believe in me, or Chicago, with a GM I know very well, a team that’s looking to change the stigma and fix it’s culture, and really rebound from many seasons of failure. Both teams have a lot of upside, and to make a decision almost feels unfair to the other team, but I can’t play for both and so I have to choose.

Now, for the part most of you will skip to and figure out where I’m going and not read all this fluff, I will be taking my talents to…

[Image: NKe6eOs.png]

In a decision I'm sure isn't surprising to some, as they thought this would happen when I was in the draft and after the Chicago scandal, I am indeed heading back to Chicago. The Butchers showed an immense amount of love, and really showed how the culture has changed, and it really reminds me of Philly in Season 2 when I was first drafted. They make me feel like I did back then, like this is a team on the cusp of greatness ready to takeover and be a beast of a team. I'm sorry to Arizona after they used a pretty high pick, had it been any other situation I would have stayed, honestly and truthfully I had no intention of leaving or even opting out, until recently when I felt a bit disinterested and wanted to see what I'd missed out on with free agency. The team really jumped out to me and it was hard to say no after everything was said and done, and it sucks to leave Arizona, especially when they seem to be on the verge of greatness, but I’m sure they will be a contender for many seasons.

*Tyler Oles JR Decision - YoungTB - 06-04-2020

I for one, am shocked

*Tyler Oles JR Decision - LimJahey - 06-04-2020

CHI LFG CHI

*Tyler Oles JR Decision - Blueline - 06-04-2020

AYYYYYEEEEEE CHI

*Tyler Oles JR Decision - siddhus - 06-04-2020

Can’t say I didn’t expect it

*Tyler Oles JR Decision - HalfEatenOnionBagel - 06-04-2020

CHICAGOLES CHI LET'S (CLAP CLAP) FUCKING GO

*Tyler Oles JR Decision - Reno - 06-04-2020

SKOOOWEEEEEEEE

*Tyler Oles JR Decision - Oles - 06-04-2020

@YoungTB @siddhus

I'm glad i was able to shock y'all with this very unexpected decision

*Tyler Oles JR Decision - BRNXB0MBERS - 06-04-2020

Sad

*Tyler Oles JR Decision - TheCC - 06-04-2020

CHICAGOOOOOOOLES! Can't wait for all of us DBs to grow together and become the #1 group in the NSFL CHI