International Simulation Football League
Grading the expansion draft - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: Grading the expansion draft (/showthread.php?tid=2283)

Grading the expansion draft - TheWoZy - 07-17-2017

It finally happened, two new teams took some the top players from original six. Their has been some great pickup but also some bad one. So we will review now who had the best draft.

1st Overall - LVL - CB Stainslaw Maddox from OCO

Grade: A+

It was an easy pick for the Legion as Maddox is the best player exposed in the expansion draft. He’s a top 10 corners in the league along with Matthew Peterson.

2nd Overall - PHI - S Vikian Marmeladov from COL

I was very surprised when COL decided not to protect Marmeladov. There’s not a lot of talent at this position today. He’s one of the best S in the league and he’s ranked #48 in the NSFL S1 TOP 50 PLAYERS OF TODAY. He had the most interception as a safety and 2 forced fumbles.

3rd Overall - PHI - DT Vinny Cox from COL
14th Overall - PHI - RB Jack Stats from YKW

In exchange for

4th Overall - LVL - LB Arby Krimlaw from OCO
5th Overall - LVL - DT Romeo Devitt from OCO

Grade: A for both team

The Liberty is getting two great players for OCO. They are giving away a star player but the management isn’t looking to rush the process. Krimlaw and Devitt can become an all-stars. They had a fairly good season with 69 tackles and 4 sacks from Krimlaw and 2 forced fumbles and 10 sacks from Devitt.

Las Vegas is right now a contender for the Ultimus Cup. Vinny Cox is the best NT in the league. Cox recorded 69 tackles on the season, 7 tackles for loss and 7 sacks. But his best performance was during the playoffs. He was the best defensive player during the postseason with 11 tackles and 5 sacks. With the addition of the #9 and #37 best player in the league, the Legion has the best DL.

6th Overall - PHI - OL Saggitaruitt Jefferspin from ARI
10th Overall - PHI - OL Jordan Weal from BAL

In exchange for

LVL S3 Third round selection
LVL S3 Fifth Round Selection

Grade: C for LVL and A for PHI

Jordan Weal and Saggitaruitt Jefferspin had a great season with 3 sacks allowed for both of them but I don’t think they worth it of a 3rd round pick.

7th Overall - PHI - K/P Bojo Kicksit from COL

Traded to COL for

S2 COL 4th Round Draft Pick

Grade: A

The liberty get the 31st overall and with 9 picks in 5 round for this draft, they will a lot of young talent that will have an impact in the future.

8th Overall - LVL - CB Timote Shoate from SJS
Grade: B

Shoate had a good season with San Jose. He had 8 passes defended, 2 interceptions and 2/2 FF/FR. Unfortunately, he won’t be starting for his new team since LVL traded for Peterson.

9th Overall - LVL - DE Bisquiteen Croker from BAL

Grade: C+

He’s tie third for most tackles for loss with 15 of them. He doesn’t had that many sacks as he needs to work out on his muscle.

11th Overall - PHI - DE Lightskin Thor from OCO

The legion send Lightskin Thor back to OCO for Omar Wright, a top 3 running back in the league.

12th Overall - LVL - WR Jonathan Shaloiko from COL

Grade: A

The Legion send Jonathan Shaloiko to the Wraiths from the blockbuster trade for Ramiro and LeClair.

13th Overall - LVL - DE Greg Taylor from SJS

Grade: D

Biggest bust so far.

15th Overall - PHI - QB Jameis Christ from SJS

Grade : B

He had a disappointment season with only one win in his career. I think he’s a good quarterback and
I hope he can have a great season with his new team.

16th Overall - LVL - TE Rolf Larsendon from YKW

Grade : C-

He was the only ok TE in this draft. He will be a good backup for Tenzini.

17th Overall - LVL - DT Josh Cameron from SJS

Grade : A

LVL traded Josh Cameron back to SJS for their S3 3rd round pick which is a very good deal for LVL. Josh Cameron wouldn’t have a chance to play with LVL anyway.

18th Overall - PHI - S Samuel Watson from ARI

Grade : D

He wasn’t very much active on the field for Arizona and I don’t think he would be part of this team for a long time. I expect them to pick a good safety in the upcoming draft.

19th Overall - PHI - WR Adam Bennett from YKW

He also wasn’t a important player for the Wraiths as he had only catch last season.

20th Overall - LVL - RB Michael Newman from ARI
Grade : C

Michael Newman didn’t play much time with Arizona. Now he has a chance to be the #1 with LVL but he is not that good to be a starter.

21st Overall - LVL - S Devin Speed from BAL

Grade : C

There’s not a lot of safety in this league yet but Devin Speed is a good one. He’s not on the same level as Flock or Marmeladov but he isn’t the worst. LVL doesn’t have a lot of pick for the upcoming draft so I don’t think they get a talented safety for this season.

22nd Overall - PHI - DE Alistar Amir from BAL

He won’t have much of an impact for PHI.

Overall, both teams have done a great job in the expansion draft. Las Vegas is in the winning mode right now and they done a great job in acquiring Vinny Cox. Philadelphia isn't looking to rush right now and they have done a good job in trading for Krimlaw, Devitt and Wright.

GRADED

Grading the expansion draft - adam2552 - 07-17-2017

I just realized how extra difficult this must have been due to all the trades we made. I'll be increasing the bonus a little.

Great analysis of every pick though. Very well researched.

Grading the expansion draft - RavensFanFromOntario - 07-17-2017

We're all in, we've made that clear but I love the guys on the team we have.