International Simulation Football League
HO Newsletter - Beginning of S23 - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Announcements (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=495)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+---- Forum: Head Office Announcements (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=230)
+----- Forum: HO Newsletters / Member Changes (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=530)
+----- Thread: HO Newsletter - Beginning of S23 (/showthread.php?tid=23102)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

HO Newsletter - Beginning of S23 - bex - 06-15-2020

New Schedule

As passed in the S23 Rules Summit, the league is moving to a 16 game season! The main impetus for this switch was the uneven scheduling present in the 13 game season, leading to some teams playing 7 home games while others only playing 6. This new system allows all teams a fair, 8 home/8 away split, and has the added benefit of letting each team play every other team in the league.

The layout of the new schedule is as follows:
  • W1-W5: 5 games against conference opponents
  • W6-W11: 6 games against out of conference opponents
  • W12-W16: 5 games against conference opponents (with locations reversed)
We hope that this new regular season schedule will provide a better competitive balance to the regular season!

PT reworks

The other big change coming with the 16 game schedule is the alteration of our IRL schedule and PTs. As you can see in the schedule, the regular season has been expanded to five weeks, with single sims every M/W/F (outside of W3 and W4 this Friday). With the length of double-sims and the time required for our lovely streamer @Colabear to put them together, we decided it would be best to minimize those as much as possible.

The addition of an extra week to the schedule means that there will be an additional week of Activity Checks, Training, Point Tasks, and Trivia. In order to keep the total amount of TPE gained per season roughly the same, predictions have now been reduced to once-a-week Friday predictions thread. This Friday’s thread will be for W3, next Friday’s for W7, then W10, W13, and W16. Additionally, Point Tasks are now worth FOUR (4) TPE instead of three.

These alterations were based on calculating the maximum TPE a person could earn in a season, and attempting to keep that even with previous seasons. The extra week, combined with the extra value to PTs, adds 19 TPE each week (+2 AC, +5 Training, +8 PT, +4 Trivia). Reducing predictions to 5 games, and taking a 75% accuracy rate (which is about the average in the league), reduces the TPE by 18 TPE, meaning there is a net gain per season of +1 TPE.

Jobs Around the League

In our continued efforts to run things as smoothly as possible, we’ve added another layer to help catch errors! The Audit team will be working regularly to audit players to make sure TPE and builds are lining up correctly, and work to remedy things if that is not the case. They’re currently headed by the Update Team head, FlyEaglesFly29

The Bank team has also recently expanded, adding new members to help keep the monetary side of things flowing. Congratulations to those hires! We are cheering on the team as they strive to achieve accuracy and efficacy within our bank.

GFX is also continuing to develop as a team, having hired more graders!

Our RM team has added more standing members as well this off-season, which is ideal as we prepare for future recruitment!

Stay tuned from an additional newsletter from our beloved DSFL HO in the coming days!

[Image: infinite.png]

Head Office

[Image: 32e31433db39c503e91a14e4a51827b0.png]

NSFL Commissioner

HO Newsletter - Beginning of S23 - infinitempg - 06-15-2020

[Image: 32e31433db39c503e91a14e4a51827b0.png]

HO Newsletter - Beginning of S23 - Frostbite - 06-15-2020

infinite has a nice signature

HO Newsletter - Beginning of S23 - Billybolo53 - 06-15-2020

I really can not agree with cutting predictions. They helped keep me engaged in the NSFL when I was in the DSFL. They made me care about nonconference games.

Trivia should have been cut or reworked. Trivia is literally just waiting until someone post the answers in the LR and me copying and pasting them. I honestly don't even read the questions. On top of that, it takes a year and a half to grade them. I hope we get weekly predictions back next season.

HO Newsletter - Beginning of S23 - Jo3fish5 - 06-15-2020

I agree. Keep the predictions

HO Newsletter - Beginning of S23 - LimJahey - 06-15-2020

WE MUST RISE UP TOGETHER TO SEIZE THE TPE THE HO IS HOARDING FROM US

[Image: SIEZETHEMEANSOFPRODUCTION.jpg]

HO Newsletter - Beginning of S23 - Bigred1580 - 06-15-2020

I think it is funny that this solution gains us TPE and people are upset about us losing TPE... HO truly can do no right it seems.

HO Newsletter - Beginning of S23 - Billybolo53 - 06-15-2020

(06-15-2020, 04:02 PM)Bigred1580 Wrote:I think it is funny that this solution gains us TPE and people are upset about us losing TPE... HO truly can do no right it seems.

I am not upset about losing/gaining TPE at all. I just really enjoyed doing the predictions for each game week and think the change lowers engagement.

HO Newsletter - Beginning of S23 - siddhus - 06-15-2020

(06-15-2020, 01:36 PM)Billybolo53 Wrote:I really can not agree with cutting predictions. They helped keep me engaged in the NSFL when I was in the DSFL. They made me care about nonconference games.

Trivia should have been cut or reworked. Trivia is literally just waiting until someone post the answers in the LR and me copying and pasting them. I honestly don't even read the questions. On top of that, it takes a year and a half to grade them. I hope we get weekly predictions back next season.

completely agree with this. Trivia takes a super long time to grade, and 199/200s of the league does not actually have to do any work for it.

HO Newsletter - Beginning of S23 - Bigred1580 - 06-15-2020

(06-15-2020, 04:04 PM)Billybolo53 Wrote:I am not upset about losing TPE at all. I just really enjoyed doing the predictions for each game week and think the change lowers engagement.

I totally understand, and as former PPT head, I get the fun of predictions over Trivia. I just think HO made the tough decision on how to handle it. And no matter what they decided, it wouldv'e been the wrong choice to some people.

Final note, unless it has changed, grading for trivia and predictions were about equally as hard, ie, not that hard...