International Simulation Football League
(S23) - PT1 - With a Little Help From My Friends - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S23) - PT1 - With a Little Help From My Friends (/showthread.php?tid=23109)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

(S23) - PT1 - With a Little Help From My Friends - Baron1898 - 06-15-2020

(S23) - PT1 - With a Little Help From My Friends

Complete the weekly Point Task to earn 4 TPE! All written responses must be at least 200 words. All graphic responses must show at least some effort.

Do not claim this TPE until it has been graded and posted to the S23 claim thread.

Written responses must be posted solely in this thread and not for additional media credit. Also, if you try to build your word count by being super repetitive and rambling on, you will not get full credit.

We’ve had a number of recent incidences involving PT plagiarism. If you are caught stealing someone else’s work, you will be punished as HO sees fit, including the potential loss of TPE or money. Do your own work please.

This task is due next Sunday, June 21st, at 11:59 EDT. Have fun and get writing!

Written Option: Everyone’s got hope for the upcoming season. Describe how your team is situated and how your teammates will be contributing this season. Are you hoping for playoff success, or simply to improve from the previous year? Are any of your teammates poised for breakout seasons or awards recognition?

Graphic Option: Visually show the different contributors on your team and how you think they will prove essential in this season’s campaign.

As always, you can link your affiliate PT:
SHL;
GOMHL;
PBE.

(S23) - PT1 - With a Little Help From My Friends - xTri - 06-15-2020

PBE PT

(S23) - PT1 - With a Little Help From My Friends - siddhus - 06-15-2020

I will talk about the Honolulu Hahalua. We are very situated for the future with all the rookies coming in the draft. With three rookie defensive backs there defense will not be as solid this sesaon. But with Shawn Dawkins and Buck Thorton, both who have started the season off, you can not slack on them. I believe that they will have the breakout the seasons that you are asking for. They are primed for Defensive Rookie of the Year. in terms of our team, we will probably not be looking at a playoff spot this season. My personal prediction is that we will get 5th in our conference, right ahead of the San Jose Sabercats. In our offensive side of the team, many players are regressing like Corvo Havran our starting QB, with this being his last season till Luke Skywalker takes up the mantle. We want to improve upon last season, for which we were the worst in the conference. I do not think we should be tanking, cause we already have enough young assets to build up our team. Other than just our defensive backs, we have true rookie Heirich Kackpoo, and second year rookie Jack Banks adding into our linebacking core. So far we are 1-3 this season, but with our crucial win against division rivals, the Sabercatd we should be expecting to finish above of them.

(S23) - PT1 - With a Little Help From My Friends - Thor - 06-15-2020

SHL PT Username Feeler

(S23) - PT1 - With a Little Help From My Friends - slothfacekilla - 06-15-2020

SHL PT

(S23) - PT1 - With a Little Help From My Friends - Sylphreni - 06-15-2020

The London Royals have the best roster in the DSFL this season from top to bottom, and it's not particularly close. We boast an entire depth chart of active, updating players many of whom are capped or near capped by DSFL standards. Having gotten a taste of the Ultimini last season, this year we're headed back there for a different result.

On offense it starts with our 3 cornerstones: Capped QB Colby Jack, Capped RB Danny King, and Capped WR Sue Cash Jr. Alongside Danny in the backfield we also return Jacoby Batista, for arguably one of the most potent 1-2 punches in the league. Add on top of this the addition of some top tier offensive prospects in the recent DSFL draft in the form of Tre'Darius J'Vathon, Gunner Thorbjornsson, Charlamagne Cortez, and Frank Mitchell it's safe to say Colby Jack is going to have a fantastic group of targets on the season. Equally exciting is the addition of a new offensive line prospect in Macaroni Elephant. Elephant is hopefully the first in a long line of fair rubs coming out of the London for years to come.

On the defensive side of the ball is where the team really comes alive however. Returning their entire secondary, the London defense looks to be the cream of the crop in the DSFL. We also looked to address our defensive line and linebacker needs have picked up a wide range of prospects to fill the requisite holes there: Harrison Andrews, Juan Domine, Bob Smith, Busch Light, and newly acquired Mattress Cadaire. All these new faces expect to make a big splash alongside the returning Royals secondary.

Finally I'd be remiss if I did not mention Datsum PhastBawls, a capped K/P is a huge advantage in the DSFL, and we expect him to pick up right where he left off last season. Safe to say the future is bright for the nation the sun never sets on Wink

Word Count: 323

(S23) - PT1 - With a Little Help From My Friends - Faded - 06-15-2020

PH

(S23) - PT1 - With a Little Help From My Friends - SchwarzNarr - 06-15-2020

Being new to the NSFL and DSFL this season is all about a growing and learning season. I couldn’t be more thrilled to be on the Norfolk Seawolves under the leadership of our faithful GMs. The team has been incredibly kind and patient with me as I learn and understand my new role in this league and on my team. I know that they have expressed that there is no way I will be worse than the previous seasons kickers, and even after hearing the horror stories of three missed kicks in a row (RIP Bauer Bot), I still have some anxiety that I won’t be up to the task to perform. Adelie du Pengu gets a special shout out on the team for being exceptionally welcoming and helpful.

I hope that this year my team is able to remain competitive, especially knowing they have a dedicated kicker as we begin the new season. My goal is to have the most field goals and longest ranged field goal kick of any kicker in the DSFL. I hope that with the support and dedication of my teammates this goal will ultimately not be possible. I think that we have a really solid crew together, and it is my sincerest desire that I never have to come out onto the field for anything other than kickoffs and point afters.

(227 Words)

(S23) - PT1 - With a Little Help From My Friends - DonnoMania - 06-15-2020

SHL PT

(S23) - PT1 - With a Little Help From My Friends - Buttersqauch101 - 06-15-2020

Even with the retirement of long time Sabercat Brayden Ennis, I’m still gonna do this on the cats since it’s people I’ve have most contact with (even though I love my new KCC Cuties). The San Jose Sabercats last year went out of their way to avert expectations from the whole league and came just short of the playoffs with a 8-5 record. This season with a rookie QB That didn’t have much time to progress expectations aren’t as high as last season but this season is more about just learning all about our new teammates and fighting through the loss of losing 3 big players in Action Jackson, Inspectah Deck, and Brayden Ennis. All key players on their respective positions. San Jose drafted active players all the way in the later rounds that are still max earners just like they did in S22 with players like Jamar Lackson. The Locker Room is as active as ever with no infighting (as other teams have believed in the past) and while winning is a great thing. We are all happy to just have each other. I’ve heard their war room is pretty toxic though and don’t even go to people’s birthdays when they are invited