International Simulation Football League
(S23) - PT2 - Draft Day - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S23) - PT2 - Draft Day (/showthread.php?tid=23214)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

(S23) - PT2 - Draft Day - Baron1898 - 06-22-2020

(S23) - PT2 - Draft Day

Complete the weekly Point Task to earn 4 TPE! All written responses must be at least 200 words. All graphic responses must show at least some effort.

Do not claim this TPE until it has been graded and posted to the S23 claim thread.

Written responses must be posted solely in this thread and not for additional media credit. Also, if you try to build your word count by being super repetitive and rambling on, you will not get full credit.

We’ve had a number of recent incidences involving PT plagiarism. If you are caught stealing someone else’s work, you will be punished as HO sees fit, including the potential loss of TPE or money. Do your own work please.

This task is due next Sunday, June 28th, at 11:59 EDT. Have fun and get writing!

Written Option: There’s no time like the draft, both for the exciting build up beforehand and for the gamut of emotions afterwards. Reflect back on a previous DSFL or NSFL draft of your choice. In 200 words or more, go through your own experience that day. Were you expecting to go high, or to any particular team? Did you end up shocked by your draft position, good or bad? Tell us how that draft has impacted your player. If you haven’t been drafted, reflect instead on your college choices.

Graphic Option: Create a graphic either demonstrating the disparity between pre- and post- draft rankings for your player or showing why your player was chosen at the spot they were.

As always, you can link your affiliate PT:
SHL;
GOMHL;
PBE.

(S23) - PT2 - Draft Day - Blasoon - 06-22-2020

I remember on the night of the National Simulation Football League season twenty-two draft, I was making sure to stay up all night, waiting to see where I ended up. Obviously, I knew that as a quarterback, I would end up sliding in the draft, but I had one big ideal in mind. In the Developmental simulation football league draft, I fell all the way to the one hundred and eighteenth pick, that was kind of soul crushing, I will not sugar-coat it. But coming into this draft, all I wanted, was to be drafted before pick one hundred. Going into the draft, I had no idea really, which team would take me. I knew I was not attractive, as a pick, but I really hoped my personality would carry me through. If anything, I thought that maybe the Orange County Otters, or one of the expansion teams might have picked me, because I remember having really great conversations with them, in the scouting process. So, when I was picked with the ninety fourth overall pick by the Philadelphia Liberty, I was a bit taken aback, because I think it wasn’t one I was expecting at all. But looking back at it, there was still a huge feeling of elation when I was picked, and I still look back fondly on that day.

223 Words.

(S23) - PT2 - Draft Day - IsaStarcrossed - 06-22-2020

Talking about drafts are always fun and as I've been involved in war rooms since day one of my NSFL career, I have gotten to experience quite a few of them in full. All of them have been memorable in one way or another and while I would love to brag on myself and talk about how I've gone exactly where I expected in all four drafts where I've had a player, I instead want to focus on my team. The New Orleans Second Line hasn't always been a top tier team and if we track back to S14. That said, the GMs of the time had a vision. A vision to rebuild New Orleans and collect another championship. It was a long, hard road. It ultimately led to the S19 draft. With some savvy trading that exported some players in return for picks, the Second Line entered the S19 draft with four picks in the top 13. With their first pick, they selected defensive stalwart Mack Arianlacher due to a weakness on their defesive line. Mack was a top prospect who they didn't see falling to their next pick at 3rd.. Then due to SJS looking elsewhere, New Orleans was able to still grab the best player in the class at the three spot in Austin McCormick. This versatile pass catcher was by far the best prospect at the time of the draft and he has been a highlight reel for New Orleans. Then with the 8th pick, New Orleans got a guy who they wouldn't have thought would fall to them in their wildest dreams. Mason Blaylock was a top secondary prospect who was determined to make a name for him and he was a no brainer when he fell into their laps at this spot. Then with 13 they picked up Jed Podolak, their future number one receiver. Finally they arranged a trade for Herbert Prohaska, the long time kicker for the Second Line. This group of players rebuilt this roster. What was once a shell was now a machine full of promise. A machine that won this team a championship just three seasons later. They were a group of great guys who were the top players of their class. Consistent earners, great personalities, and they were all about team first. They were what this team needed. Unfortunately due to expansion, some of these players have left the Second Line, but if anyone asks when New Orleans turned it all around, it was all about this incredible S19 class.

(S23) - PT2 - Draft Day - Yeenoghu - 06-22-2020

I've only been part of one draft so far (the most recent DSFL draft), but I did spend a good bit of time mulling over where I thought I would be drafted. Every DSFL team did their due diligence in reaching out me, but I narrowed my shortlist down to two prospective teams rather quickly. The first team that I thought stood a good chance of drafting me was Kansas City. I played a couple of games for the Coyotes at the end of S22, and I found the locker room to be very friendly and helpful to me when I was a brand new player. The other team that I thought would draft me was the London Royals. Even though some other teams had multiple scouts or GMs reach out to me, I would say that I had the longest conversation with Sylphreni (who was coincidentally also the first person to contact me during the draft process). Syl took interest in my media posts and what sort of longer-term analysis I planned to do in the league, and we also have common interests outside of the NSFL. I thought other teams like Myrtle Beach or Tijuana might draft me, but I think they may have also had a glut of linebacker talent on the roster.

After narrowing down my list of teams of two, I looked at the users in my draft class to size up my competition. There were about ~10 recreated players in the class, so I assumed there was no way that I would go in the first round. My thought process was that teams would inherently favor drafting players who already have a proven track record in the league rather than risking a high draft pick on a relative unknown. I was one of the highest TPE earners in the class prior to the draft, so I tentatively penciled myself in for the 2nd round.

Then, a trade happened!

I received a Discord alert that London and Kansas City had swapped second round picks. In my mind, this killed the possibility of being drafted to Kansas City. London now had the 7th and 9th picks in the draft, while I would have to fall to the 15th pick to be selected by the Coyotes (I had already treated it as a given that I wouldn't be drafted number one overall). In the end, I thought I would be selected with the 9th overall pick. Ultimately, I nailed my destination but was off by a couple of picks as I did get drafted in the first round by the Royals, and I couldn't be happier with my landing spot. LON

(S23) - PT2 - Draft Day - IHateBobNutting - 06-22-2020

PBE PT Affiliate

(S23) - PT2 - Draft Day - ddrector - 06-22-2020

It was the day of the season 18 NSFL draft and I was excited to see what team I would be drafted to. Knowing that Bjorn Ironside would be drafted number one overall to the New Orleans Second Line they were high on my list of destinations as I had previously played in the DSFL with Ironside in Norfolk. The first two rounds come and go and I've still not been drafted. At this point I'm somewhat confused as I thought I had done pretty good at gaining TPE and was worth at least a second round pick. At the time I was unaware that due to a misunderstanding with how Update pages worked and misreading a message in my Update I hadn't actually been updated in quite some time and had a ton of unclaimed TPE that I thought I had claimed. See the message read, "For the future just keep editing post instead of making new ones". I took this to mean that I just keep editing my top post with the new TPE I claim instead of making a new post. This was obviously wrong, but as a new sim leaguer I had no idea and neither the updater or my GMs caught this. Luckily my future GM Tom Hanks had figured it out and so at the top of the third round NOLA drafted me and I've been top 10 in the draft class ever since and am now top 4. Steal of the draft!

Code:
249 words

(S23) - PT2 - Draft Day - ValorX77 - 06-22-2020

PBE Affiliate PT

(S23) - PT2 - Draft Day - Nictox - 06-22-2020

SHL PT

(S23) - PT2 - Draft Day - Opera_Phantom - 06-22-2020

Season 18 draft was, i think, the first one where there was a big class coming from r/nfl. After getting picked at number 5 by the Portland Pythons in the DSFL draft, i knew that Jay Cue would be nowhere near the 1 round of the NSFL draft. Why? Even though he was top 5 in TPE earnings, he is indeed a Quarterback, that famous position that teams have filled on their roster. So, looking at the draft live, i saw the picks coming, knowing that i would probably be picked late 2nd round or early 3rd, as the Philadelphia Liberty and Arizona Outlaws showed a lot of interest on their scouting messages prior the draft. This draft was pretty straight forward, as the #1 pick was certain to be used on Bjorn Ironside by the New Orleans Second Line, and the Top 10 was just a matter of knowing player order.
After that, it would be anyone's guess, so getting picked by the Outlaws at number 18 and looking at Cue's development into Top 3 in his class, we can say that it was a fantastic pick by the Arizona team. While i am not sure, i think at least 7 or 8 players picked before him already retired, making him a great value pick.

(217 words)

(S23) - PT2 - Draft Day - Huskies311 - 06-22-2020

I’m going to go all the way back to the S15 NSFL draft. This league was so new and exciting when I first joined, but I didn’t really know how to earn well. As a result, I went all the way in the 9th round in the previous DSFL draft, to the formerly bot team the Norfolk Seawolves. That initial season was great, but we ended on a playoff loss. After that, scouting was in full swing. I only had a couple of teams reach out to me; San Jose and Colorado. As a result, my expectations weren’t really high, especially in a class as large as S15’s was.

As the draft started, I saw a lot of linebackers taken high. They absolutely deserved it, but after the first wave got taken, other positions started to get targeted and I really started to drop. I was a little disappointed but wanted to use that drop to fuel a good work ethic and make it known I was a steal. As the 4th round approached, I knew that the amount of actives remaining was waning and that I should go this round. I didn’t have to wait much longer, as I got the call... I was going to Baltimore. At first, I wasn’t as excited as I should have been. I had no contact with anyone from them and I knew they were loaded at every position, so it’d be a season before I joined them. Everything worked out in the end, though.