International Simulation Football League
The T.E. Settles Into the O.C. - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: The T.E. Settles Into the O.C. (/showthread.php?tid=2329)

The T.E. Settles Into the O.C. - Player1 - 07-19-2017

The Santa Ana Star

Now with 50% more advertising!

The offseason is a time of great change for most NSFL players. Bulking up, slimming down, changing teams, or - for rookies - getting ready to enter the league altogether. On the other hand, however, the offseason is also a time for settling in and getting comfortable with your new home both geographically and figuratively.

George Wright Jr. has been preparing for another season ahead with the Otters by moving himself permanently into the Santa Ana region. Outright buying a home in North Tustin for a little over one million dollars, Wright told a reporter that he sees it as a good and a bad thing.

"I could buy the same house back home for a quarter the price and get land around it too," Wright said, "but I think I got a good one. It's nice to be so close to the team, the facilities, and the coaches to really focus on improving over the offseason. It will be even better during the regular season to have this perk while other players are still renting or living out of a hotel. Plus, I got one of the few houses in California that's not covered in Spanish tiles, what's with that? They're hideous."

When asked about his new life in the city, Wright was pensive, "There's so much to see and do here in the LA area, but at the same time it doesn't feel quite right. Look around, it's endless, it just keeps going on and on and getting even bigger. I don't know how I feel about that, it's not the life I'm used to so I'm sure it will take some adjustment."

Wright had a good season last year despite some struggles, notably he was unable to score all year though he did haul in a touchdown pass in the Pro Bowl. Wright made an unexpected change last season when he announced he would be gaining an additional 20 pounds, going from 260 to 280, a move that wouldn't be too difficult under normal circumstances but certainly pressed him in the midst of the season.

"They wanted that weight yesterday," Wright confessed, "but the coaches didn't tell me about it until the regular season. So I did whatever I could to put weight on fast while staying in playing shape, and we decided I would fill it out later. That's what I've been focusing on for the past few months, I think it's been coming along nicely.”

Nicely would be an understatement. Wright is likely the strongest receiver in the league and has made a name for himself as an elite blocker and physical catcher. He lacks the athleticism to run deep or complicated routes but takes check downs and short out routes and plunges forward for whatever yardage he can find, leaving a few bruises on the defense as he goes. With the draft upcoming, we asked George what his advice for rookies are and what he plans to do to welcome the O.C.’s newest team members.

“I was taken all the way in the 18th round, way lower than I expected.” George told us, “None of that matters, it’s all in the past. Rookies become so obsessed with their draft stock before they go, but when the night is over all that counts is where you end up and what you do with your opportunities. I think most teams wrote me off, but now that I’m with the Otters I’d rather be taken by them in the 18th than by anyone else in the 1st. As far as our draft picks, they can all consider themselves invited to a barbecue at my place, after that I expect they’ll be the ones treating me.”

For the Otters their inaugural season ended in disappointment, but for players like George Wright Jr. it’s only the beginning of an optimistic future.

Code:
Word Count: 655

Graded

The T.E. Settles Into the O.C. - timeconsumer - 07-19-2017

Wright is the best TE in the league and I'll fight anyone who disagrees.

The T.E. Settles Into the O.C. - Jogn - 07-19-2017

(07-19-2017, 07:19 PM)timeconsumer Wrote:Wright is the best TE in the league and I'll fight anyone who disagrees.

Omar?

(07-19-2017, 11:22 PM)Jogn Wrote:Omar?

George WRIGHT Jr. The author of this post.......

The T.E. Settles Into the O.C. - Jogn - 07-19-2017

(07-19-2017, 07:23 PM)timeconsumer Wrote:George WRIGHT Jr. The author of this post.......

Never heard of him

(07-19-2017, 11:25 PM)Jogn Wrote:Never heard of him

He's a better blocker than half the OL in the league.

The T.E. Settles Into the O.C. - automatic - 07-19-2017

Wright Jr is the man. Not only does he have an exclusive pass the best offensive line club in the league, he also gets to catch TD's! man, that dude is eating it.

The T.E. Settles Into the O.C. - Player1 - 07-20-2017

(07-19-2017, 11:03 PM)automatic Wrote:he also gets to catch TD's! man, that dude is eating it.

Tell that to George he didn't catch one all last year.