International Simulation Football League
*Interview with Matt Krause - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Interview with Matt Krause (/showthread.php?tid=23363)

*Interview with Matt Krause - Tylus - 07-05-2020

Q: Hello there Mr. Matt Krause! With the season halfway over, a lot has happened so far during our first season with the team. How do you feel about being on the Sabercats so far, and what is it like for you to be a part of such an illustrious organization?

A: This organization is fantastic, San Jose is amazing. My teammates welcomed us with open arms and are really supportive and help keep me motivated to smash my earnings and prove them why they drafted me. And man this city really is something. The fans are in my DMs on Twitter showing love even tho they cant be at the stadium. And you THOTS that keep sending them scandalous pics. Don't stop. And no I don't want your OnlyFans.

Q: Being a fellow NSFL rookie, I know being in your first season in the NSFL can be quite a tough adjustment from our once-dominant selves in the DSFL. How do you feel your season has gone, and how has position switching affected you so far?

A: Man it honestly really is rough sometimes. After coming off that last season in the DSFL with tons of INTs and FF/FR and tackels this really has been a adjustment and I've had a great support system in my teammates to keep my head up. We all want to perform well and I'm no different. I think coming from playing #1 CB and slotting in the FS spot this season has been a factor in that. But like I said in my pre draft discussions. Team first. Always. The stats will come.

Q: I know that I've fallen in love with the Sabercats and really enjoyed meeting new teammates in the locker room in players like Monty Jack, Matty McDairmid or Tyron Brackenridge and reuniting with previous Grey Ducks like Jamar Lackson and yourself. Are there any players who you've enjoyed meeting or you felt have had an impact on or inspired you so far? Positive and negatives are allowed. Big Grin

A: Well obviously I already had established friendships You, Jamar and Mr. Bass. But these guys have been great. Everyone really is friendly, even bossman. Matty is great even if he's salty. Love you buddy.

Q: As a former wide receiver of the year and offensive rookie of the year, I can tell you that going from such high to low production was a big change for me personally upon joining the big leagues. Are there any goals you've had so far and how on par are you with meeting them this season? Have any of your goals changed?

A: Well firstly I wanted to win. And unfortunately we haven't done too much of that so far but we've had some big wins and those highs carry you forward. Our talent is undeniable, but we are young and inexperienced and it will all come together soon. So a few more Ws would be my team goal for the last half. Personally, I've failed every goal I had, now, most my goals were before I was playing FS. So, I can't really let that effect me. I've had a clutch Forced Fumble and Fumble Recovery late in the 4th to help seal a game and other than that it's been mediocre. But we and myself will be just fine.

Q: If I could go back in time and tell myself anything before the season started I know I would tell myself to not take my stats too seriously and to not get down about a struggle this season, and that our team has so much room to grow and to be patient and continue grinding. If you could go back what would you tell yourself?

A: Almost the exact same thing about the football aspect. Secondly, stay away from them clubs. I didn't learn from my idol Primetime Sanders and I've been tearing up that rookie contract. Don't tell HR. But we've been getting wild and I need to settle down. Maybe that's why I'm playing so bad?!?

Q: I've had great mentors in my time in the league who have helped me be the best player I can, and I really love how friendly and helpful even players on opposing teams can be(other than He-who-shall-not-be-named). Do you have any advice for the young DSFL players aspiring to be a Sabercat some day?

A: Ask every possible question you can. I struggled the first half of my rookie year in DSFL because I didn't want to bother people and man was I wrong. I've built so many friendships just by asking questions and being active in LR. It really is a special league, 98% of these men and woman will answer any question you have and will help you along your career path. It's true we've all walked in those shoes. So to those potential CATS. Max earn, reach out for media advice and any help whatsoever and ENJOY, it's a blast!!!

Q: Can you please tell me and anyone reading this the best way to change your oil?

A: I won't break it down step by step. I will just say this. Shit isn't that hard if you get the oil filter off. That's only part of it. But a pretty big one. If you need any advice just don't as TY SHIELDS of Chicago!!

Please split 50/50 between Tylus and Reaper11b!

*Interview with Matt Krause - RussDrivesTheBus - 07-07-2020

Love y'all. Never change.