International Simulation Football League
*Mid Season NSFL Interviews - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Mid Season NSFL Interviews (/showthread.php?tid=23386)

*Mid Season NSFL Interviews - SomeSay... - 07-06-2020

I'm sitting down with arguably the best RB in the NSFL Mathias Hanyadi how's it going my man? Also, don't let Jamar know I said that. Anyway, how was your holiday? Ready to hit the field again Monday?

Yeah, man, happy to be here after the holiday. I managed to get back home to Boston, meet with the family, saw some fireworks, it was all a great time.

Us cats are feeling good about the future and snagged a couple good Ws. Obviously your Wraiths are leading the NSFC at the moment at 7-3, how are you feeling the season has started to far? Meeting expectations? I know you guys really wanna close this one out after last seasons postseason disappointment, what can you guys do to give yourself the best position possible going into the playoffs?

The season has gone well for us, definitely. I started off a little bit slow, but I've picked it up lately and the games against Austin and Honolulu show that. For me, I think our toughest games are behind us and we can easily sweep the rest of the schedule. The hardest games coming up are probably Arizona Week 11 and Philly Week 16. We already beat Colorado in an away game, so playing them at home will be much easier.

You've started the season strong with 801 yds and 10tds. Leading the league in TDs and just 72yds behind my teammate The Rookie Jamar Lackson. Speaking of Jamar, with your experience, How do you feel Jamar has down during his rookie campaign to be leading in yds. Do you think it's sustainable for him to finish there? How bout you, are you meeting your expectations or goals so far? What do you want to improve on for this home stretch into the postseason?

He's done really well, much better than I did during my rookie season. Do I think he'll finish the league leader in rushing? It'll be close. I'm almost certain he'll end up top three, probably around 1400 yards with 8 or 9 touchdowns. For myself, I have very high expectations for how I want to play, and I try to hold myself to those expectations every week. I've been doing much better since the Honolulu and Austin games, so I just need to keep up that momentum and end the season strong.

So as a Rookie in the league I've only known my LR in San Jose. We lost Jackson to you guys this off-season, you have a great #2 RB in skyline, solid receivers and a great QB, honestly all around great offense. How do all the attitudes come together in the locker room on such a dynamic offense? It's gotta be hard to spread the ball around and keep everyone happy, is there any concerns with individualism in the LR?

I think we have a ton of selfless personalities on offense, and that's how we keep everything together. Everyone just wants to see the team do well, and despite the fights me and Swift might get into on who will get the ball, it's all in good fun.

Finally, obviously I'm on the opposite side of the ball, but for a rookie in the NSFL is there any advice for me and/or all the rookies out there?

I'd say the biggest thing you can do, is just have some patience. In most cases, things are not gonna go your way during your first season in the league. There are some notable exceptions, guys like Jay Cue have had incredible rookie seasons, but for the most part, just have patience. And once you get your opportunity, use it to the fullest extent you are able to.

Mathias Hanyadi, thanks man for sitting down and letting me get to know you, and a bit about YellowKnife and good luck in the second half!

100% pay to Reaper11B