International Simulation Football League
*Recap of Chicago's drafts under Bay and Muford - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Recap of Chicago's drafts under Bay and Muford (/showthread.php?tid=23400)

*Recap of Chicago's drafts under Bay and Muford - Bayley - 07-07-2020

[div align=\\\"center\\\"]So, with the double media, I decided it would be a good idea to do a Chicago Draft Recap. I think we can scrutinize picks that we made as we are getting a good idea what people are shaping up to be!

With the 21st Pick ... the Chicago Butchers select.. Benson Bayley Jr.
Position: Linebacker >> Offensive Lineman
TPE at Season 22 Draft: 165
TPE at last article: 319
Difference from draft to last article: 154
TPE Total Today: 475
Overall gain from draft: 310
Ranking in Draft Class: 51st
Analysis I hate talking about myself once again, but I have been a consistent earner throughout my time. I was not even drafted into the DSFL, so I was a waiver pickup, so I have been lower on the earning scale for that reason. I am nearing 500 TPE which is great considering my last player was pretty crappy. FAIR RUBS, of course, that is all I have to say.

With the 66th Pick in the Season 22 Draft ... the Chicago Butchers select.. Julio Tirtawidjaja
Position: Running Back
TPE at Season 22 Draft: 185
TPE at last article: 337
Difference from draft to last article: 152
TPE Total Today: 450
Overall gain from draft: 265
Ranking in Draft Class: 60th
Analysis Julio has been a workhorse for us, and he continues to earn which is awesome! We got him with the 66th pick and he has paid out so much. I would have taken him in the second round, honestly. What a great player Julio has been for our team. He continues to earn and continues to grow. He has added 265 TPE since his draft in Season 22. He had 185 TPE then and is just at the 450 mark. You love to see that, there is no question about it. What a complete steal, to be honest.

With the 78th Pick in the Season 22 Draft ... the Chicago Butchers select.. Hamish MacAndrew
Position: Safety
TPE at Season 22 Draft: 165
TPE at last article: 316
Difference from draft to last article: 151
TPE Total Today: 474
Overall gain from draft: 309
Ranking in Draft Class: 52nd
Analysis You want to talk about steals? How about this guy who has added 309 TPE since his draft. You have to be kidding me. Chicago, how are you doing this? How did everyone overlook this Birddog? You better believe I was not going to be overlooking this guy. He has been an amazing pick for our team and continues to earn. He has a huge bank account as well, so there is no stopping this guy from continually earning week after week. He dropped to the 78th pick somehow, he should never have done that.

With the 81st Pick in the Season 22 Draft ... the Chicago Butchers select.. Simeon Works
Position: Defensive End
TPE at Season 22 Draft: 147
TPE at last article: 255
Difference from draft to last article: 108
TPE Total Today: 374
Overall gain from draft: 227
Ranking in Draft Class: 75th
Analysis Another consistent earner came from the 81st pick in the draft in Simeon Works. He has been a TFL machine for us, and continues to earn at a great rate, adding 227 TPE since the time that he got drafted at 147 TPE. He has been a great member of our team, we would have traded 4m of salary cap at any time if we could have gotten someone like him back. What a steal, he has been great and will continually earn.

With the 90th Pick in the Season 22 Draft ... the Chicago Butchers select.. Sam Sidekick
Position: Kicker/Punter
TPE at Season 22 Draft: 132
TPE at last article: 241
Difference from draft to last article: 109
TPE Total Today: 373
Overall gain from draft: 241
Ranking in Draft Class: 76th
Analysis EVOK! You let her drop to the 90th pick, but she is over here picking up 241 TPE over the last two seasons. Who was worried about her earning? We certainly were not. She is a kicker, but she is loved more than a kicker by us. She has been great in the locker room, and consistently earning and being awesome. We would have done this pick again, easily.

With the 103rd Pick in the Season 22 Draft ... the Chicago Butchers select.. Abbas Muhammad
Position: Safety
TPE at Season 22 Draft: 106
TPE at last article: 209
Difference from draft to last article: 103
TPE Total Today: 242
Overall gain from draft: 136
Ranking in Draft Class: 93rd
Analysis Abbas has only gained 33 TPE since we last wrote about him. It seems like his activity has dipped a bit, but he still is at 242 TPE which is pretty good for the 103rd pick. I do think that he has been great, but hopefully he will come back to earning and updating for us.

With the 114th Pick in the Season 22 Draft ... the Chicago Butchers select.. Von Hayes
Position: Tight End
TPE at Season 22 Draft: 111
TPE at last article: 241
Difference from draft to last article: 130
TPE Total Today: 423
Overall gain from draft: 312
Ranking in Draft Class: 65th
Analysis Von Hayes has been one of the top steals I would say for our team. He is 65th in his draft class despite being picked 114th in the draft. How do y'all keep letting this happen? Is it because he has a tight end, I mean, is a Tight End? I mean, 312 TPE is a great increase from his 111 going into the draft. He consistently earns, updates, and has a bank account that can support everything. He's fantastic in the locker room, and I love every minute of having him here. I think this has been a great success to build around Hayes and Gelbman as our two Tight Ends.

With the 126th Pick in the Season 22 Draft ... the Chicago Butchers select.. Tyron Shields
Position: Cornerback
TPE at S22 Draft: 71
TPE at last article: 202
Difference from draft to last article: 131
TPE Total Today: 367
Overall gain from draft: 296
Ranking in Draft Class: 79th
Analysis Now this, this is just unfair. I know you all feel bad for Chicago and all, but how.. Shields has earned 296 TPE since the draft which is awesome. It is better than his mustache, but we still love him. He is in the running for rookie of the year on the defensive side of the ball this season. He was picked with the 126th pick in the draft, and is up to 79th in the draft. I mean, you do the math. It is incredible. He is a foundational piece despite being taken so late. You all need to figure out scouting I think.

-------------------------------------------
With the 13th Pick in the Season 23 Draft ... the Chicago Butchers select.. Hingle McCringleberry
Position: Linebacker
TPE at S23 Draft: 228
TPE Total Today: 340
TPE Gain: 112
Ranking in Draft Class: 24th
Analysis With our first selection in the Season 23 draft, we went defense and went with JMac or Hingle McCringleberry. He has been fantastic in the locker room while also earning 112 TPE so far since the draft. He is definitely hitting near max which is amazing. With Bayley moving to OL, we definitely brought in a guy that could support the linebacking core with Hockhertz. I think we absolutely found that guy in Jmac. He is 24th in the class right now, but I expect that to rise up a lot. He will be a great piece for Chicago to build around.

With the 25th Pick in the Season 23 Draft ... the Chicago Butchers select.. Lucas Scabbia
Position: Wide Receiver
TPE at S23 Draft: 225
TPE Total Today: 370
TPE Gain: 145
Ranking in Draft Class: 8th
Analysis How did enigmatic slip to 25th despite being the 8th earner. We needed a Wide Receiver, so we got her. She has been great to be on our team. She has been a hell of a consistent earner, getting max, up to 145 TPE since the draft. Combine her with O'Leary, Oberwald, and Okusi, we have weapons for days. I love what I have seen from her so far, this was the easiest pick to make in this draft. We could not let her fall anymore than she already did.

With the 40th Pick in the Season 23 Draft ... the Chicago Butchers select.. Griffin Oberwald
Position: Wide Receiver
TPE at S23 Draft: 162
TPE Total Today: 292
TPE Gain: 130
Ranking in Draft Class: 36th
Analysis Muford would have killed me if we did not take Griff here. Honestly, he has been really worth it. He is 46th in the class right now with just under 300 TPE. We really like to see that. He will consistently earn as well as making money from the podcasts which is great to support future earning. He gained 130 TPE so far this season, so he will continue to climb the leaderboards. He is worth more than the 40th pick that we took him with.

With the 43rd Pick in the Season 23 Draft ... the Chicago Butchers select.. Eric Richards
Position: Linebacker >> Safety
TPE at S23 Draft: 190
TPE Total Today: 308
TPE Gain: 118
Ranking in Draft Class: 33rd
Analysis I have said this many times, this guy has been the steal. He is at 118 TPE earned so far from his draft of 190. I do think that this guy will be easily better than what we took him at during the draft. I am not too sure why he fell so far, to be honest. I have loved my interactions with him, he's awesome in the locker room, pleasure to be on the team. He made the switch to Safety which was a need addressed there with no questions asked. When you look for a guy on a team, this is Wildfire. He is willing to do whatever to help the team. Love this pick.

With the 45th Pick in the Season 23 Draft ... the Chicago Butchers select.. Quanter Skrills
Position: Running Back
TPE at S23 Draft: 162
TPE Total Today: 268
TPE Gain: 106
Ranking in Draft Class: 42nd
Analysis Hedge is one of my favorite members across sim leagues. We took him with the 45th pick, and I really think he will outweigh the draft position by far. He does not consistently update, but he earns, doing one massive post with his updates. We really like a Skrills and Tirt pairing, so this will be a fun one to watch. He's absolutely worth the pick here, without question. He's an awesome dude and a good player. We had to take him here.

With the 49th Pick in the Season 23 Draft ... the Chicago Butchers select.. Brennan Kennedy
Position: Cornerback
TPE at S23 Draft: 110
TPE Total Today: 178
TPE Gain: 68
Ranking in Draft Class: 55th
Analysis Kennedy is a guy from SHL who always will have this league behind SHL, but he actually has been a moderate earner with his 68 TPE. He has a contract that will pay for a lot of training. We actually really like bk a lot, we think he could be a huge asset for the team.

With the 52nd Pick in the Season 23 Draft ... the Chicago Butchers select.. Arik Eller
Position: Defensive Line
TPE at S23 Draft: 90
TPE Total Today: 209
TPE Gain: 119
Ranking in Draft Class: 53rd
Analysis Ace fell to the 52nd pick in the draft, really not sure why. Look at his earning, he has earned 119 TPE so far since the draft and is over 200 TPE. Why did you guys let him fall? He is my NH brother, and a fantastic guy. We had to take him here. He will be a great asset to Chicago without question moving forward.
---------------------------

So, how did we do? Go ahead, rate us.
Quote:Words: 2,007
[/div]

*Recap of Chicago's drafts under Bay and Muford - CDub2 - 07-08-2020

I would say 10/10 for S22 and 10/10 for S23.

*Recap of Chicago's drafts under Bay and Muford - Billybolo53 - 07-08-2020

Crazy good draft, esp without a first rounder.

*Recap of Chicago's drafts under Bay and Muford - Bayley - 07-08-2020

(07-08-2020, 09:15 AM)Billybolo53 Wrote:Crazy good draft, esp without a first rounder.
Yeah, we only had a 6th really in S22, and then without S23.

*Recap of Chicago's drafts under Bay and Muford - TheCC - 07-10-2020

You leave my mustache out of this.