International Simulation Football League
*S22 NSFL Draft Retrospective - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *S22 NSFL Draft Retrospective (/showthread.php?tid=23526)

*S22 NSFL Draft Retrospective - Billybolo53 - 07-11-2020

We are a few seasons removed from the largest draft class in NSFL history. Let's take a look back and see which teams came out with the best haul. For this piece, I have every draft pick a grade between 1-5 based on TPE. The cutoffs between TPE were based on a formula that I won't bore you with. The rankings are based on the cumulative grade, all players received a grade, even those that retired.

The Scale
5- Super Max Earner
4 - Max Earner
3 - Above Average
2- Average Earner
1- Below Average Earner
0- Immediate Inactive

I understand that TPE doesn't tell the whole story of a prospect's impact, but it is as good as an approximate measure that we have. So without further ado, we will look at the teams starting with the last-place team

12. AUS Austin Copperheads AUS Prospect Score: 22 Total TPE: 2358

[Image: XcGV7E0.png]

The Copperheads had the lightest draft but made each pick count. 4 prospects with a 5 grade. It's a testament to the depth of this draft class that this is our lowest-ranked draft is still a great haul. The cost of trading up in the draft it's losing out on volume

11. CHI Chicago Butchers CHI Prospect Score: 27 Total TPE: 4696

[Image: mBeHI4U.png]

The Butchers came into the S22 draft in a really bad way. They only had one pick in the first 6 rounds. The new GM duo of Muford and Bayley were still able to get 4 max earners and 7 total actives from this draft. Shout out to Tyron Shields as the absolute steal of the draft going at 126th overall and putting up 367 TPE.

10. NOLA New Orleans Secondline NOLA Prospect Score: 28 Total TPE: 3918

[Image: x5rYGEA.png]

Second-line hit there first 5 picks out of the park. They traded up to select Magnus Rikiya and selected their QB of the future in Ben Slothisberger. They also added late-round steal Sean Snyder at 108th overall.

9. COL Colorado Yeti COL Prospect score: 29 Total TPE: 3985

[Image: kt6ZU77.png]

The Yeti used their first-round pick on Mo Magic, who has turned into a big part of their organization. They compliment him with 4 additional max earners as well as some nice secondary pieces. The Yeti also picked up the number one overall pick in the S23 draft with a trade with Chicago.

8. OCO Orange County Otters OCO Prospect Score: 30 Total TPE: 4091

[Image: T2jQ5Tj.png]

OCO comes in at number 8 with our first pro-bowler listed, Jeffrey Phillips. Phillips has lit up the league from day one. They also drafted stand out defenders Big Edd and Deshun Jones along with Running back of the future Tatsu Nakamura.

7. BAL Baltimore Hawks BAL Prospect Score: 32 Total TPE: 4289

[Image: JR6jCMf.png]

The Hawks 6 of the 8 actives for the Hawks have been max earners. Byron Dolls has made the Pro Bowl already. The Hawks were able to secure multiple positions long term. CB, LB will be off thier needs list for a long time

6. PHI Philadelphia Liberty PHI Prospect Score: 35 Total TPE: 4278

[Image: UvGUisv.png]

12 of 13 players reached at least 100 TPE for the Liberty, only drafting one immediate inactive. Philadelphia used thier first 3 picks on their secondary and each pick has lived up to their draft position. Late Round Steal of Von Pebbles and Ramza push them to the 6th spot.

5. YKW Yellowknife Wraiths YKW Prospect Score: 40 Total TPE: 5302

[Image: S3Vqhjx.png]

The Wraiths hit on 9 straight picks, which is insane for a perennial contender. They were able to reload for the future in the deep S22 draft. 2 Safties, 2 DEs, 2 WRS and the QB of the future all in one draft.

4. SAR Sarasota Sailfish SAR Prospect Score: 40 Total TPE: 6026

[Image: g9zygqd.png]

The Sailfish come in at number 4. I put the Sailfish over the Wraiths because the Sailfish traded down for an additional first-round pick in S23. All my teammates from this draft have been awesome. I can't say enough good things about the inaugural draft class for the Sailfish

3. SJS San Jose Sabercats SJS Prospect Score: 42 Total TPE: 5397

[Image: w7DtuMo.png]

Coming in at number 3 in San Jose. Despite whiffing on the 5th overall pick, the Sabercats still netted 7 Max earners. The highlight of the draft is snagging 3 actives in the 7th Round.

2. HON Honolulu Hahalua HON Prospect Score: 44 Total TPE: 6551

[Image: Yz2UkDl.png]

Back to Back teams that missed on their 1st round but still were able to pull in an impressive overall draft class. The highlight of the draft for Hahalua is Jim Waters position switching to CB. Getting a max earning CB in the 10th round is why this is in large part why they are number two.

1. ARI Arizona Outlaws ARI Prospect Score: 60 Total TPE: 6690

[Image: WfAb2kJ.png]

The Outlaws absolutely killed this draft. 11 Max earners and 14 overall actives from this class alone. The upward trajectory we have seen from the Outlaws for the next few seasons and should be enough to get Jay Cue his first Ultimus. This will go down as one of the greatest draft classes of all time at this rate.

There you go. I used a simular method to this in PBE and I think it still works here. I will be interested to see how the class progresses in the next few seasons and revisit it again. Any feedback appreciated.

Code:
911 words + 3680 in spreadsheets images. I did the images cause I hate formatting things on Jsink  

*S22 NSFL Draft Retrospective - Opera_Phantom - 07-11-2020

(07-11-2020, 10:34 PM)Billybolo53 Wrote:1.  ARI Arizona Outlaws  ARI Prospect Score: 60 Total TPE: 6690

[Image: WfAb2kJ.png]

The Outlaws absolutely killed this draft. 11 Max earners and 14 overall actives from this class alone. The upward trajectory we have seen from the Outlaws for the next few seasons and should be enough to get Jay Cue his first Ultimus. This will go down as one of the greatest draft classes of all time at this rate.

We have been killing it for a few drafts. Luck is obviously a part of it when selecting a player, the amount of picks we had also help with that, but there is a lot of behind the scenes work that got us to this point. We work a lot during drafts to be able to select to our team needs but also players we feel will be good earners.

Don't know if we'll get Zona an Ultimus, but we are working on that for like 3 or 4 seasons now.

*S22 NSFL Draft Retrospective - retrospace111 - 07-12-2020

ARI ARI ARI

*S22 NSFL Draft Retrospective - TheCC - 07-21-2020

Thanks for the love man! -Ty Shields