International Simulation Football League
*[EPSN Breaking] - Crunk declares for ISFL - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *[EPSN Breaking] - Crunk declares for ISFL (/showthread.php?tid=23894)

*[EPSN Breaking] - Crunk declares for ISFL - Crunk - 07-20-2020

[EPSNU's music plays as it comes back from break. Ageless, sparkling-toothed host Hunter Methven squints slightly at the autocue.]

Methven: "Welcome back to EPSNU, your home for all college sports. The Ole Miss Rebels were dealt a blow today when safety Tayshawn Crunk declared for the ISFL after just one season in Oxford, but it's a move that many had predicted after a junior year that yielded twelve interceptions.

Joining us now to discuss his college career and explain his decision to go pro, live and exclusive to EPSNU, Tayshawn Crunk..."

[The screen splits, the other half revealing Tayshawn Crunk sat at a dinner table in a battered Clemson hoodie, with the hood up. A couple of stray dreadlocks poke out of the front. He looks uncomfortable.]

Methven: "Thanks for coming on, Tayshawn."

Crunk: "Aight."

Methven: "That's an interesting choice of attire you have on, because of course your college career began at Clemson. It's hard to believe that it has been three years since you were a five star prospect and the subject of a high profile recruiting battle - what made you choose Clemson over Alabama back then?"

Crunk: "To be real with you, Bama weren't gonna pay me eno..."

[A woman's voice interrupts him, off-camera.]

Voice: "DON'T YOU DARE, TAY!"

[Crunk coughs.]

Crunk: "Like I was saying, Bama weren't going to play me enough. I was good enough to start in the SEC right out of the gate. Clemson were giving me that chance to prove that."

Methven: "Unfortunately it didn't quite work out like that for you. You've been quiet on this subject for some time. Do you have any comment to make on the incident that saw you leave Clemson just before the first game of your freshman season?"

Crunk: "Yeah man, I'll start with - all charges were dropped. It was just a simple misunderstanding. You ain't never been in a rush and picked up someone else's stuff by accident? Kid got his laptop back 3 hours later but by that time the police were involved... and it don't matter what you did or didn't do to the school... they can strip you of a scholarship for anything. It's fu... it is what it is."

Methven: "Maybe a blessing in disguise for you, as you were on our screens in the popular show Final Warning College, winning the Junior College National Championship. How did that feel?"

Crunk: "It felt like I was going to get back into D1 where I belonged. It felt like we were all going to make it out of Nowhere, Kansas. That's what we were playing for. I got a lot of love for the guys on that team."

Methven: "And what are your feelings towards the coaching staff? The situation with Coach White losing his job has been well publicised - how did you get along with him?"

Crunk: "That dude recruits three players in every position and tells them all they'll start. You're down at the half, he chews you out... you win, and he's soaking up the attention. He thought he was some big shot TV star. Yo, you got what was coming to you. Coach."

[Methven begins to look like the awkward one now. Crunk smiles.]

Methven: "So, uhh... what made you choose Ole Miss after you left junior college?"

Crunk: "I wanted to play SEC ball. My high school coach got hired by Ole Miss after I left... guess he was the only one who remembered how good I was two years later. Maybe he was the only one left who trusted me after the Clemson thing."

Methven: "Not a great season for the Rebels, despite your performances. Do you have anything to say to the Ole Miss fans?"

Crunk: "I'm sorry I couldn't do more there, but it takes time to turn a program around and they got the people to do that. As for me, it's my time... I been pro-ready for three years now. The ISFL needs me."

Methven: "Hah, well... you'll have to play a year in the DSFL before you can be drafted..."

Crunk: "Eighteen months ago I played ball in front of three people and a cow out in Kansas. That ain't stopped me. A year in the DSFL ain't stopping me neither."

Methven: "Do you have any preferences on where you land in the DSFL?"

Crunk: "I dunno, man. The Bucs got swag. I could see myself out there in Myrtle Beach for a year - only a year, you feel me? It don't really matter to me though. Wherever I go, you better watch out."

Methven: "Thanks for your time, Tayshawn."

Crunk: "Nah man. Thank you."

Methven: "Tayshawn Crunk there, a young man with a chip on his shoulder. Join us after the break for more on the doping scandal that has rocked women's volleyball."

[EPSNU's music plays. Hunter Methven turns away, shuffling fake papers as the channel cuts to break.]

Code:

*[EPSN Breaking] - Crunk declares for ISFL - run_CMC - 07-20-2020

i love it already