International Simulation Football League
*Ranking DSFL CB's by Stats. - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Ranking DSFL CB's by Stats. (/showthread.php?tid=24002)

*Ranking DSFL CB's by Stats. - GotDatWeeFee - 07-21-2020

I decided to do a little project where I rank each position based on stats. I wanted to go ahead and get the hardest one IMO out of the way with the DSFL corner backs. As everyone knows stats are not necessarily the best way to grade CB’s because a lot of the time if they are elite, they just won’t get targeted, and there is nothing they can do about it. With that said I still wanted to see top CB stats out of my own curiosity. I also wanted to learn Python so to knock out both in one go I wrote a brief script that would collect the data from the ISFL’s stats page and calculate the scores from there. If you all notice any issues or have any recommendations, please let me know I am still kind of new here and this is my first media post.

Here is the scoring breakdown
Tackles: 1 Point
Tackles for Loss: 2 Points
Plays Defended: 5 Points
Forced Fumbles/Fumbles Recovered: 5 Points Each
Blocked P/XP/FG: 5 Points Each
Interception: 10 Points
Safety: 15 Points
Touchdown: 20 Points

Player Name, Score
0 Randir (GM), M.: 252.0
1 Crooks, L.: 210.0
2 McGullager, T.: 200.0
3 Hilliard ®, R.: 195.0
4 Ka'ana'ana, B:. 180.0
5 Jackson, R.: 165.0
6 Kennedy ®, B.: 164.0
7 Dookmarriot, L.: 157.0
8 Blackwell, B.: 132.0
9 Young, J.: 131.0
10 Vaughne ®, R.: 119.0
11 van Perkins, M.: 118.0
12 Price ®, J.: 82.0
13 Waffle ®, J.: 65.0
14 Joans ®, N.: 64.0
15 Pazos, J.: 51.0
16 Torres ®, E.: 19.0
17 Martin, C.: 13.0
18 QuakStak ®, D.: 4.0
19 Cornerbot (BOT), C.: 3.0

When coming up with the scores I was concerned that corner backs with a large amount of tackles would take the top of the list. I went with one point for testing to see if that would be a good balance and it seemed to have worked. The corner backs with some of the more flashy stats like interceptions and touchdowns are at the top of the rankings. This allowed me to still give points to tackles without taking away from some of the bigger plays or stats. Once again if anyone has any recommendations or suggestions please let me know!

*Ranking DSFL CB's by Stats. - The_Kidd - 07-22-2020

the one thing I can think of that would help this is if there was a way to determine catch % against and completion % against to truly capture how stingy or leaky individual DB's are.

In addition, a differential of yards oer catch/yards per game for an elite WR against the CB versus against the league/the WR's normal average could also help

Otherwise, I like the list, in my totally unbiased view. I still fear judges will look at the raw numbers and not consider other factors such as: matching up against every team's #1 WR, not having a solid pass rush to help derail passing attacks, not being able to face the Royals offense myself(the main reason the Tijuana bot has such a huge gap is because it racked up 2 INTs and a Def TD, along with other madness, against London in week 5 ---- but in the reverse fixture, we held them to three red zone field goals as we blanketed Howlett and Vequain, the #1 WR duo, as much as we could for 3.5 quarters.)

*Ranking DSFL CB's by Stats. - GotDatWeeFee - 07-23-2020

(07-22-2020, 02:42 PM)The_Kidd Wrote:the one thing I can think of that would help this is if there was a way to determine catch % against and completion % against to truly capture how stingy or leaky individual DB's are.

In addition, a differential of yards oer catch/yards per game for an elite WR against the CB versus against the league/the WR's normal average could also help

Otherwise, I like the list, in my totally unbiased view. I still fear judges will look at the raw numbers and not consider other factors such as: matching up against every team's #1 WR, not having a solid pass rush to help derail passing attacks, not being able to face the Royals offense myself(the main reason the Tijuana bot has such a huge gap is because it racked up 2 INTs and a Def TD, along with other madness, against London in week 5 ---- but in the reverse fixture, we held them to three red zone field goals as we blanketed Howlett and Vequain, the #1 WR duo, as much as we could for 3.5 quarters.)

I totally agree with this I actually did my ultimus week pt on this. I just put it as one on one stats. Like you said how many receptions does a CB allow, how many Yards do they allow, what is a QBs completion percentage when targeting a specific CB etc. This would allow for a true look into how great a CB is doing in the league. I hope that it is something that gets implemented at some point, it would do DBs justice.

*Ranking DSFL CB's by Stats. - manicmav36 - 07-23-2020

(07-23-2020, 09:12 AM)GotDatWeeFee Wrote:I totally agree with this I actually did my ultimus week pt on this. I just put it as one on one stats. Like you said how many receptions does a CB allow, how many Yards do they allow, what is a QBs completion percentage when targeting a specific CB etc. This would allow for a true look into how great a CB is doing in the league. I hope that it is something that gets implemented at some point, it would do DBs justice.

100% agree, this would be an amazing thing to have. Unfortunately, the only way to accomplish this in DDSTongueF '16 is by watching every play and tracking it by hand. Hopefully it's something they implement in a newer version.

*Ranking DSFL CB's by Stats. - GotDatWeeFee - 07-23-2020

(07-23-2020, 07:58 PM)manicmav36 Wrote:100% agree, this would be an amazing thing to have. Unfortunately, the only way to accomplish this in DDSTongueF '16 is by watching every play and tracking it by hand. Hopefully it's something they implement in a newer version.

I’m hoping so as well I had also mentioned it could be done, but it would require exactly was you said tracking every CB every game every week. Which would be terrible lol.