International Simulation Football League
*Forever a Wraith! - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Forever a Wraith! (/showthread.php?tid=24265)

Pages: 1 2

*Forever a Wraith! - Bigred1580 - 07-25-2020

This is really hard. I’m sorry if this gets sappy, lol. Although we have a fictional player for a fictional team in a fictional league, you really do get to know and care about the players on your team. I have been on the Wraiths since they drafted me before Season 13 on January 25th, 2019. A real life year and 7 months as of today. @Daybe and @White Cornerback were my first GMs and @AdamS took over for Dermott near the beginning. I was there when we were so bad we stacked back to back 1OA picks which turned into Johnny Snuggles and Cooter Bigsby! I became Co-GM with daybe and we started to build the foundation of the team you see today. We drafted @shadyshoelace and he was destined to be one of the winningest GMs in History. I got to teach him a few things and he taught me a few more in our time together as GMs. When I knew my time was done, I passed on my role to @flyeaglesfly29 and that duo not only didn’t miss a beat, but they made us even better. From S13 and onward, we gradually improved every season but could never get over the top. From S16-S22, every single season we either tied or held the best record in the league, or we made the Ultimus. We just could never get the Trophy. The Buffallo Bills’ Style 4-peat Ultimus Defeats from S18-S21, with 3 at home, is pain I wouldn’t wish on anyone. I would say in this span, we were the most dominant team in the league, with nothing to show for it. But, Finally we were able to get over the top this year and I think it feels even better that we overcame so much to finally get it!

So, now I move on to the next chapter. Nate Swift currently has 9304 Career Receiving Yards in the regular season. If I fight regression I have two more years to reach 10,000 and go as high as I can in the historical rankings. I feel I have always been a team player, but for my final swan song, I want to do right by him. Now that I have my ring, now is the right time to leave. If I stayed, I would be WR5 or WR6 on the wraiths, and I would be eating into stats that should go to one of the young up and comers instead. Moving on allows me to help contribute to a team that is building and bring a veteran presence that will help the young guys improve. I’m really excited for the future in San Jose, and look forward to joining their LR and getting going on the upcoming season!

I’d like to thank @White Cornerback and @AdamS for being great GMs to me in the short time they had me. You guys were always supportive of me, and helped me in so many ways. @Daybe you taught me everything I know about GMing and I just wish you could have been a part of last night. You get an honorary ring for building this thing! @flyeaglesfly29, thanks for allowing me to quit, lol, I really needed it for myself and only felt good about it knowing someone like you was willing and ready to keep us headed in the right direction. @`AirCrou`, it’s been a lot of fun getting to know you and I’m so proud of everything you have accomplished for us! @ValorX77, You were sometimes the hardest person to be a GM for, and also sometimes the most rewarding! I’m proud how far you have come! Keep it up! @timeconsumer Thank you for everything you have taught me! You are a true legend in this league, and although you down play it, you were the biggest factor in us building this dynasty! @shadyshoelace, I feel I learned more about GMing from you than you did from me! I’m so glad I got to get to know you and you are the kind of person that I will want to keep in touch with for a long time!! You are a perfect example of why this league is so great, and I’m honored that you have been a big part in my time with the Wraiths! @manicmav36. You are a scrub… JK, thanks for everything you have done! I wouldn’t be here if not for you. I’m glad us sharing this league and team has allowed us to stay in touch even more often! You are the greatest member of this league and a better friend! It will be weird not being on your team anymore, but having you here has made every transition in this league so much more enjoyable!

The rest of you Wraiths, know that all of you mean a lot to me and have made these last few years the best ever! I look forward to keeping in touch with all of you and seeing where this team goes in the future!!
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]
Nate Swift, WR #13, San Jose Sabercats

[Image: lqBwYAP.png][/div]

*Forever a Wraith! - Baron1898 - 07-25-2020

Will always be a Wraiths legend, and more importantly was a fantastic GM during my time in Yellowknife. Good luck in San Jose!

*Forever a Wraith! - shadyshoelace - 07-25-2020

i'm not crying you're crying

YKW YKW YKW

*Forever a Wraith! - ValorX77 - 07-25-2020

(07-25-2020, 10:21 PM)shadyshoelace Wrote:i'm not crying you're crying

YKW YKW YKW

*Forever a Wraith! - flyeaglesfly29 - 07-25-2020

They are tears of joy for you to keep getting closer to 10k! Once a Wraith, Always a Wraith! YKW

*Forever a Wraith! - Air Crou - 07-25-2020

I am really crying rn. All the Wraith legends of the most dominant to ever step on an ISFL field are now paving the way for the young Spooky Gang. Thanks for having faith in me back in S15. One a YKW, always a YKW. Good luck in the future!

*Forever a Wraith! - HENDRIX 2.0 - 07-25-2020

[Image: giphy.gif]

*Forever a Wraith! - KoltClassic - 07-25-2020

What a great read. We are thrilled to have you in San Jose and I look forward to taking the field with you next year!

*Forever a Wraith! - timeconsumer - 07-25-2020

I just wish Grithead could have been there with us.

*Forever a Wraith! - moonlight - 07-25-2020

Legend