International Simulation Football League
An Apology and an Announcement - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Announcements (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=495)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+---- Forum: Head Office Announcements (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=230)
+----- Forum: HO Newsletters / Member Changes (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=530)
+----- Thread: An Apology and an Announcement (/showthread.php?tid=24429)

Pages: 1 2

An Apology and an Announcement - terriblehippo - 07-30-2020

Hello everybody. I'll try to keep this brief. I also want to note that what follows is not meant to be an excuse, but rather an explanation.

The past month has been a difficult one for me. I have been under a great deal of stress in several areas, and I suffered an unexpected and extremely painful personal loss. I focused less on league-related matters in order to deal with these real-life events. The voting for league awards was done when I was not in a healthy headspace, and I fully admit that I did not do my due diligence in researching the nominees' qualifications. While I can assure you that my votes were not done with any malice or ill intent, my ballot was done without the proper attention and thought it deserved. For that, I am truly sorry.

I apologize to the users that I have hurt and angered with my carelessness; I imagine I would feel the same way were I in your shoes, and I am sorry for putting you through that.

I apologize to my fellow members of the Head Office. You've had to deal with much of the fallout from this, and I'm sorry that my actions resulted in more stress and work for you.

And finally, I apologize profusely to the league as a whole. One of my main goals when I first joined HO was to help build trust between the league and the office, as HO had had a negative reputation among the league's users. Clearly I have not only failed in that regard, but I have undermined my and the rest of the office's efforts to accomplish that goal. To everyone in the league, I am deeply sorry.

With all of this in mind (both my personal struggles and my actions here), I have decided to step down from my position with the Head Office. You all deserve leadership that can give this league the time and attention it needs, and I cannot be that individual any longer. My hope in doing this is that I will be replaced by an individual who can serve the league to the best of their ability, and who will improve the community in every regard. I understand that this will not solve the problems I have already caused, and I am fully prepared to accept any punishment that HO seems fit to level against me for this. I also understand that this might not satisfy the individuals who I have wronged, and so I extend an invitation to those parties to reach out to me personally here or on Discord (terriBLMhippo#4928) in order to air grievances and have an honest discussion about where to go from here.

I love this league. That's why I joined the Head Office in the first place: because I wanted to make this league and this community better for everyone. And I still love this league. But I recognize that other people maybe love the league a little less now because of my actions, and that upsets me greatly. I'm sorry, and I want to fix the problems I've caused.

An Apology and an Announcement - Modern_Duke - 07-30-2020

Even as someone who made a whole study about bias, I wouldn’t say any punishment is necessary at all

An Apology and an Announcement - Bigred1580 - 07-30-2020

hippo, you are great and real life comes first. I'm so sorry to you that things were taken too personally with this vote. You are a great representative to this league and I hope nothing but the best for you in this league and irl.

An Apology and an Announcement - ReverendOReily - 07-30-2020

Admitting when you're wrong is hard. Being transparent like this and talking about IRL problems with a bunch of internet strangers is even harder. I respect the hell out of this apology, and I sincerely hope things improve on the home front for you soon. Best wishes man.

An Apology and an Announcement - Memento Mori - 07-30-2020

Want to make this clear as I was one of the people most critical of your ballot: I had and have absolutely no ill will towards you personally and if you felt otherwise I’d like to apologise. You =/= your actions.

Sorry to hear about your loss and I hope IRL stuff improves soon.

An Apology and an Announcement - speculadora - 07-30-2020

(07-30-2020, 12:16 PM)Memento Mori Wrote:Want to make this clear as I was one of the people most critical of your ballot: I had and have absolutely no ill will towards you personally and if you felt otherwise I’d like to apologise. You =/= your actions.

Sorry to hear about your loss and I hope IRL stuff improves soon.

+1 to this from me, as well

An Apology and an Announcement - slothfacekilla - 07-30-2020

Hippo, it sucks to lose you because posts like this show that you were a great HO member who cared about the league. Real life stuff happens and no one should hold it against you. I hope you're doing alright my man, sending lots of love <3

An Apology and an Announcement - DarknessRising - 07-30-2020

You've done one bad thing in what by all accounts I here, a pretty damn good run as a member of HO. Don't let this taint your time in there because it seems you really were a great help and I know you have been a great person. I agree with the others that their shouldn't be a punishment for it

I wish you all the best with your personal life matters and that everything gets better, also know that real life comes first man!

An Apology and an Announcement - retrospace111 - 07-30-2020

Sorry to hear that man. Best of luck to you in your future endeavors. I didn’t know you at all but I know you did a great deal in helping this league get to where it is today. Unfortunate you had to make a dumb mistake.

Also, I hate to be the one to say this, but, if we don’t punish you, there’s gonna be a precedent that anyone can just vote completely biased and get away with it.

An Apology and an Announcement - Big Edd - 07-30-2020

I shall never forgive for you inability to vote smdh dumby