International Simulation Football League
Forum Migration happening this Sunday 2nd August - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Announcements (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=495)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+---- Forum: Department Announcements (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=493)
+---- Thread: Forum Migration happening this Sunday 2nd August (/showthread.php?tid=24514)

Pages: 1 2

Forum Migration happening this Sunday 2nd August - Exilizer - 07-31-2020

Hello everyone,

as recently announced, we are planning to migrate our forums from jcink to mybb this weekend.

The migration will happen on Sunday, 2nd of August, starting in the early hours of the morning.

1. Around 4am Central Time on Sunday morning, we will put jcink in read only mode. That means you wont be able to post until the migration has finished but can still access everything.

2. We will then migrate across all existing forums, threads & posts as well as groups, profiles (including signatures) & personal messages and setup permissions on the new site. This is a complex process and will take a few hours, we are hoping to have everything done around 8-9AM Central Time.

3. At this point, you will be able to access the new forum, but you will have to request a password reset (via your registered email account) to be able to login & make posts. We prepared a handy guide for this here

What does this mean for you?
- You will need to perform a password reset on the new forum as per this (guide)
- While we will migrate all content, the format of some signatures will be slightly broken, so you may have to fix up some links or drop down menus for it to show correctly. Signature fixing guide (here)

Extensive support will be provided via Discord in the #migration-support channel as well as this special jcink Migration Support Forum

There will be announcements throughout the day on Sunday & another reminder tomorrow.
Please be patient with us if things take a little longer or there are some teething issues. This is an important step for the league and we are excited to make it happen.

-Exilizer

Forum Migration happening this Sunday 2nd August - Jay_Doctor - 07-31-2020

This has been a long time coming. Thank you for all the hard work to make this happen!!

Forum Migration happening this Sunday 2nd August - DatSmolBoi - 07-31-2020

very cool john

Forum Migration happening this Sunday 2nd August - Trautner - 07-31-2020

this may be a dumb question, but what is the link of the new site?

Forum Migration happening this Sunday 2nd August - JBLAZE_THE_BOSS - 08-01-2020

am i gonna lose my sick member number 46 this shits a badge of honor I'm not kidding

Forum Migration happening this Sunday 2nd August - Aenir - 08-01-2020

will i be able to keep my Invision Power Board Default Skin? (I like it, it goes back to old message boards)

Forum Migration happening this Sunday 2nd August - bjkman - 08-01-2020

Quote:am i gonna lose my sick member number 46 this shits a badge of honor I'm not kidding

Wake up early lol

Forum Migration happening this Sunday 2nd August - infinitempg - 08-01-2020

(08-01-2020, 12:13 AM)JBLAZE_THE_BOSS Wrote:am i gonna lose my sick member number 46 this shits a badge of honor I'm not kidding

yes and it might even go lower just kidding you're #47

(08-01-2020, 12:26 AM)Aenir Wrote:will i be able to keep my Invision Power Board Default Skin? (I like it, it goes back to old message boards)

no sorry but there are some other ancient themes on there lol

Forum Migration happening this Sunday 2nd August - Aenir - 08-01-2020

(08-01-2020, 07:56 AM)infinitempg Wrote:...no sorry but there are some other ancient themes on there lol

[Image: shenanigans.jpg]

Forum Migration happening this Sunday 2nd August - Exilizer - 08-01-2020

(08-01-2020, 01:38 AM)Trautner Wrote:this may be a dumb question, but what is the link of the new site?

We'll share that tomorrow once the site is up and running.