International Simulation Football League
*The Only S25 Scouting Report You Actually Need - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *The Only S25 Scouting Report You Actually Need (/showthread.php?tid=24556)

*The Only S25 Scouting Report You Actually Need - Arkz - 08-01-2020

EDIT: The migration to the new forums broke and cut off this post. Here's the original in its entirety: http://forum.sim-football.com/index.php?showtopic=24808&st=0&#entry333439

Welcome, one and all! Similar reports have been going up over the last week or so, detailing scouting reports on the new class. You've seen everything from mock drafts to stadium ranks. This report aims to be the most complete, going into detail you didn't know you needed on all the prospects in the upcoming DSFL draft. Before doing CTL+F to find your player, you might be asking yourself, why would someone do this? Well don't worry, because I asked myself that very same question multiple times while writing this report and I haven't come up with a good answer yet. You may also be asking what my methodology is. Don't worry about that either. I've taken inspiration from some of the great QB's and decided to do some careful research, but then ultimately just shoot from the hip like the gunslinger I am. So, while we wait for the prospect bowl and then the eventual draft on 8/6, where every pick is a steal, lets dive in. Key note, this draft is every S25 pick, even those picked up on waivers. Because there isn't that much difference between breaking down 130 prospects and 120.

As an actually important disclaimer, the stars each prospect is awarded is relative to the other members in their class. So QB's are compared to other QB's and so on. Why? Because that seems like a lot easier and less complicated than trying to compare a safety versus an offensive lineman. Another important disclaimer. TPE's mentioned below are from around 2pm PT on 8/1, and do not reflect pending values.

All the other drafts have started with the offense, usually with QB. Well I say fuck that, let's start with the real heroes of the game: Special teams. Thanks small mercies that there's only three of them this year.

K/P

Jake Fencik - K/P
My boy Jake here has been active as hell. He's up to 95 TPE, and spending it. He's put most of it into accuracy (80), but he hasn't forgotten power (75) either. He's participated in a about every thing he reasonably could and even has a twitter (https://twitter.com/FencikJake). He plays League of Legends and participates on Discord. What more could you want in a prospect?
Arkz Rating: ?????

Jack Burton - K/P
Jack is very similar to Jake in terms of base build. They spent around the same in base TPE, but diverge after that. Jack is at 62 total TPE, and put it all into kick power baby (75). He's been active, though not to the same level as Jake. He does not yet have a wiki, so no fun facts for all of you but he's been posting in the relevant checks. He's a solid prospect, though potentially needs more seasoning than Jake.
Arkz Rating: ???

Leo Bloomfield - K/P
Bloomey here spent a bit of last season in Myrtle Beach after being picked up on waivers, but he hasn't made the most of it. Coming in at roughly 80 TPE, there's still room to grow for this prospect. But he's got a bit more experience than some of the other prospects, and that might lead to an earlier draft compared to others.
Arkz Rating: ????

Well that wasn't so hard was it? Now we are going to look at the Safety prospects this draft. There can't be that many of them, right? Wait, there's eleven of them? Oh God, what have I done? Well, too late to go back now, so let's dive in.

S

Steven Wadham - FS
Player Archetype: Playmaker

Coming at you from Dunfermline, Scotland, is our boy Steve. Steve is a playmaking free safety, with the best hands in the league at a base level (65). His total TPE is 57, and he's been bumping it all into tackling (55). Steven here is a solid prospect, though probably needs a little extra time to pick a potentially unfamiliar game.
Arkz Rating: ??

Xmus Flaxon Jaxon-Waxon - S
Player Archetype: Center Fielder

Now we're talking. In addition to having a name that will make you laugh, we have a solid prospect in Xmus. Or is it Xmus Flaxon? Whichever it is, our buddy Xmus here is up to 82 total TPE, and has been active in all the right areas. Still potential for more, as he's yet to take advantage of the wiki task yet. However, he's got a twitter (https://mobile.twitter.com/TherealXmusFla1) and has contributed some graphics as well. A lot of potential with this pick up.

Tony Yeboah - S
Player Archetype: Run Support

Along with Xmus, this is another player recruited by our friend AskedMadden (more on him later). Tony here is a run stuffing safety that has been working hard on his TPE, up to 95. That's about as good as you given when he entered the league. He has a twitter (https://mobile.twitter.com/yeboah28904661), and also has been participating in about every spot you can. He's making the right decisions with his TPE, spreading it between speed (75), endurance (72), and strength (52). If our boy Xmus is the one setting the standard, then Tony is the guy who is going just a step further beyond. You know, the Goku to Xmus' Vegeta.

NationalSimulation FootballLeague - S

The first of our recreates, we have NSFL. Recreates aren't getting any special attention from me, as past accolades are no proof of future performance. I'll be rating all prospects on their individual player, and our buddy NSFL here is in a similar tier as Xmus. He's up to 87 TPE, and dump that all into speed (82) like a truck. You're getting a solid player, active on discord, and knowledable about hockey. That goes a long way, and makes NSFL a sold plug in to any roster.

Chris Callahan - S

Young Chris Callahan, hailing from Jacksonville, Florida. Not a ton to say about Chris here. He's taken part in a few activities and put together 57 TPE for himself, which he has put mostly into intelligence. There's a lot of room to grow here for Chris, and we will watch his career with great interest.
Arkz Rating: ?

Brian Nelson - S

Brian Nelson is like a Chris Callahan, just a little dumber but with better physical tools. He's up to 57 TPE, putting it into speed (71) and strength (56). Other than that, there is not much known for our friend Brian here, and he has a lot to work to do to distinguish himself from this crowded safety field.

Teddy Utterstruzen - S

Now we're talking. I'd like to thank Teddy for bringing with him that absolute nightmare of a last name that I had to triple check I got right, and honestly I'm still not sure. Teddy is a multiple tool player, coming in with 75 TPE and putting it into a mix of five relevant attributes. Potentially the most notable is his speed (70). Teddy comes complete with a wiki, a render, and some media. He also pops up on Discord, so that's neat! He's got the right building blocks, and with some help could be a real player in this league.

Lionel Romper - S

What a beast. You tell the guy what the bar is, and he goes and destroys it before coming back and asking for more. Bringing in 107 TPE to the party, and some real wheels (79 speed). For a more detailed scouting report, check here.. If you want a tackling machine that's going to plug the gap and chase down receivers, this is probably your guy and the best at his position in the draft. Honestly, he scares me a little.

Bob Roberts - S

First of all, what a great name. Yeah not as overtly funny as NSFL, but the subtlety to it s great. Did I call him 'Bob Boberts' in my head while writing this entire thing? You're god damned right I did. Bobert here has a total of 76 TPE, which is nothing to sneeze at. He's active in tasks, as well as creating media. He's putting his TPE towards the right things, showing a willingness to learn and be coached. Any team that picks up Bob is going to be satisfied.

D'Brickeshaw Minshew - S

At first glance, you might think that D'Brickeshaw is on the lower tier of prospects. Well, that would be silly and its a good thing that you're coming to me and reading this guide. Although D'Brickeshaw does not have a strong showing of TPE on his page, it looks to be mostly clerical errors. On tape, and deeper research, this guy is performing. However, someone needs to help the league in terms of actually translating that work to paper. Seriously, someone needs to help this guy because he's putting in the work and getting no credit. Absolute travesty.

Milk Mann - S

Man, so many run support safeties in this league. I feel bad for the RB corps in the DSFL next season, they are going to be feeling it. Milk here isn't bringing a ton of TPE to the table (57), but he is bringing the media muscles. He's got himself a twitter (https://twitter.com/MilkMann24) and some interesting written articles. A note to all the prospects out there: even if you're not maxing out your TPE, you can really enhance your draft stock by contributing to the community at large. That's what we see with the Milk Mann here.

Tayshawn Crunk - S

This guy is a media machine. Absolute MACHINE. He's the first one that this writer had to go through and hunt down his update page, as he's just cranking out the media. He's also bringing a strong TPE to the table at 89 and putting it in the right areas. Absolute animal at the keyboard, and creating intelligent pieces like a pick trade formula. Can't wait to see what this guy continues to bring to the league.

Davriel Lavigne - S
Player Archetype: All-Around

Far and away the best safety in the draft this year, mostly owing to his time with the Portland Pythons last season. Still, he's packing 152 TPE, which many recent ISFL draftees didn't hit. Because of that, any time that brings Davriel in will see an immediate boon on the defensive side of the ball. Davriel will go fast, perhaps back to the Pythons.

So that's it right? We're done? Wait, just two positions down? And there's how many corner backs this year? Can't I just post this and call it a day? Wait, Tier 6 Equipment is how much? Well then, onto the cornerbacks.

CB

Jeeeeroy Lenkins - CB
Player Archetype: Man to Man

The first cornerback on our list is doing a good job at setting a strong standard for the rest to follow. He comes in with a solid TPE count at 70, and takes part in a number of extracurricular activities like twitter (https://twitter.com/jeeeeroy?s=09). He's fast as hell for a rookie (78) and that looks to only be improving with time. Can't go wrong with having this guy in your backfield.

Curtis Blackshear - CB

A speedy little CB (80), who is bringing 60 TPE to the table. This prospect from Georgia (both the state and the school), has a lot of room to grow but the building blocks are there for any team that wants to take him on.

James Gath - CB

Finally, we've got ourselves a leader in the CB department. Jimmy here has it all. Strong TPE showing at 99, as well as media for days. He comes complete with the fastest speed we've seen in this group so far (81), as well as a consistent presence on Discord. Can't say this guy sets the standard, because it would make the rest of the class look bad. He surpasses it and then some.

Ben Anabender - CB
Player Archetype: Zone

Ben is a potential pick for sure. He's got a solid TPE haul at 71, but its all in the bank. That means that whoever picks this guy up is going to have a chance to mold him into the player they need him to be. Ben here has been putting in the work, both on the field and off. He has some media out there, and is a regular on Discord. Very solid player for whoever picks him up.

Clay Clark - CB

Clark here hails from Jacksonville, FL. He brings a strong set of skills to the table, with a respectful amount of TPE at 79. His agility (71) and speed (72) are decent, though there's some room for improvement. He's also contributed some media and has a dynamite wiki page, which goes a long way for this prospect. Great foundation that should only get better with time.

Mason Gillion - S

The numbers Mason, what do they mean? Well, right now they mean a decent haul of 67 TPE and most of it into his intelligence (58) and hands (52). Mason has a number of tools here, and a team with a strong infrastructure and coaching staff should be able to help mold him into a strong prospect.

Charlie Woody - CB

The man is a mystery. Hasn't said a peep since entering the league, but has his skills in the right areas: speed (72), intelligence (60), and agility (72). Can't say much else about this prospect, but teams may need to do some digging to get more out of this prospect.

Peter Patterson - CB

Quick side-note before getting to this incredibly strong prospect here. Don't you hate when you go to copy a link but don't actually copy it and have to go back and do it all over again? Wow, frustrating. Almost as frustrating as this cornerback will be to opposing receivers and QB's. He's walking into the draft with at least 99 TPE earned, and one of the highest speeds we've seen in a prospect (78). You take those physical skills and add them to his mountain of intangibles (seriously great media), and you've got a player you can build around for seasons to come.

Lugolor Gugolor - CB

My wife thought I was having a stroke when I said that name out loud, so he's winning some points for that. Lug here is bringing a twitter account (twitter.com/gulogor) and some modest TPE (57) to the table. Since then though, he's been fairly quiet so is an unknown as far as what he brings to the table. A team that picks Lugolor will get some decent parts, but will need to figure out how to put it together.

Gavin Leclerc - CB

Young Gav here is another mystery prospect. He's got some decent speed (70) and agility (70), but other than that is mostly a mystery. Teams won't be entirely sure what they are going to be getting with Gav, but there are some signs of life there in activity and on Discord.

Breezy Wallace - CB

By far the breeziest of the cornerback prospects this year, there isn't much to say about Wallace. He's spent some time working on his game, but is missing some crucial pieces to elevate himself above the competition. He might just need a stronger guiding hand in his future coaching staff who can hopefully help him pull it all together.

Lukas Hinsetzen - CB

Our first German player, Lukas has some work to do to adapt to the American game. He brings some physical tools to the game, like some decent speed (75) and size (195 lbs). However, he needs to show how engaged he really is in the sport over here on this side of the world.

Rich Tripplet - CB

Finally, we're back on track. That was a rough stretch, but Rich here is here to bust us out of it. He brings 99 TPE to the table, and one of the highest speeds we've seen in the class (80). In addition, Tripplet is bringing the heat with some media and a willingness to make mistakes and learn. Were it not for Patterson, he would be far and away the best zone corner in the class. However, he'll have to settle for just "really fucking good."

Norman Fletcher - CB

Stormin' Norman here is bringing his 65 TPE to the league this year with a purpose. Unlike most of the prospects on this list, Fletcher has yet to spend all that valuable potential. That means he is flexible and ready to be molded by any team that picks him up. That means he's flexible, but also has to be ready and capable of putting that potential into action. Otherwise, he's just a 50 TPE prospect off the street.

Corran West - CB

Although his last name is West, this CB could bring a lot of light to the team that drafts him. Packing an impressive 89 TPE and strong speed (80) and hands (52), he should build into a strong presence in the back field. His off the field contributions include some media and a Discord presence, which you can never go wrong with. Great addition that should make an impact quickly.

James Hoffman - CB

Absolute TANK. Not a goat tank however, we'll get to him later. The Hoff here has the highest TPE among all CB prospects at an extremely impressive 116. He's also been active when it comes to media and has a presence on Discord. The most ready CB in the class by far, capable of making an impact both on and off the field.

Dukburg QuakStak - CB

The duel threat of a recreate as well as a waiver pick up, Dukburg has had a lot of time to marinate. And marinate he has, to the tune of 152 TPE. That's lock-down territory, and while he probably won't pop on the stat sheet, that means all is going according to plan. For any teams that need some help in the secondary, this is an easy choice.

Elijah Torres - S

Torres was a waiver player last season, spending time on the Portland Pythons. He did not take as much advantage of that as some of his peers, putting together 57 TPE for himself. Still, he'll have an entire DSFL season to build him back up, and as a recreate he should know the path forward. But for now, the rating is what it is.

All in all the cornerback looks to be rather feast or famine. Could see an early run at cornerback, as after the top handful there is some work to be done. Let's take a look at the DSFL linebacker class this year and see if it looks any less top-heavy.

LB

Matty Martinsson - LB
Player Archetype: Balanced

At first glance, Matty here is not bringing an overly impressive TPE to the table at 63, but given how recently he declared for the DSFL, that's actually an incredibly strong showing. Teams should do a bit more digging on Matty here, rather than writing him off early. His off-the-field actions are interesting as well, and he's worth a serious look.

Daniel Bateman - LB

Oh Danny Boy! The tackles, the tackles are calling! Danny is bringing a balanced spread of attributes and a 57 TPE to the table. Danny still has some work to do but has shown at least a desire to spend some time and get better. Teams should be ready to take on a project that could use a little nurturing.

Dexter Jackson - LB
Player Archetype: Speed Rusher

One of our recreates in this class, Dexter here is off to a fast start. He's got 71 TPE to his name, and building himself into a strong force on the field. I mean, literally, all his efforts have been put towards his strength (65). Couple that with his strong speed (70) and you've got a hell of a backer. His media presence has been strong, and will make a dependable member of any lineup.

Caleb Judge - LB

Caleb here has some similarities to the previously mentioned Dexter. He has slightly less TPE at 67, and equal speed (70) and more strength (70). He doesn't have the same media presence as Dexter, but that doesn't mean GM's should discount him. He has the potential to be a solid producer in any lineup, especially given a little coaching.

Dean McBean - LB

Young Dean, hailing from Mississippi and playing his college ball at Alabama, has a decent foundation. 61 TPE, all currently in the bank, which should give his future team some flexibility. However, like the other prospects with untapped potential, they need to actually be able to take advantage of it, and that remains to be seen with Dean here.

Jimi DeSoto - LB
Player Archetype: Coverage Linebacker

Our first clear-cut blue chip prospect in the linebacker class, Jimi here has it all. A strong set of physical skills and 89 TPE, complete with the fastest speed we've seen so far (75). Jimi also excels off the field, whether its in the media, twitter (https://twitter.com/DesotoJimi), or even Discord. A true plug-and-play backer, he should be getting some strong looks from multiple teams.

Regius Goliathus - LB

Man, what a mouthful. Regius has some work to do to live up to a name as large as that. He's put in some time with his physical game (57 TPE), but there's some serious work still left to do. He will need a strong coaching staff in place to help him reach his potential.

Chad Thunder - LB

Chad here is like a number of prospects already on this list. They are putting in the work out there, but not claiming any of the credit or seeing the physical gains. On paper, Chad is walking in with 50 TPE. But after checking the tape, he should have 61 at least. Someone is going to need to work with Chad to help him harness that work he's doing and take real advantage of it. Because of that, I'm going to give him a bump to his rating. Also because I'm a nice guy.

Rusty Rucker - LB

Stud, absolute stud. If he showed up to take my mom out to dinner, I'd pay for their Uber. What can't I say about this guy? He's got the physical tools you want with 112 TPE. He's fast as hell (80 speed), and strong as an ox (61 strength). Whether its on the blitz, or if some poor receiver/back hits the second level, there is going to be some pain. On top of that, the man is a media machine and already a major part of the community. One of the few absolute can't miss prospects in the draft. If I could give him six stars I would.

Guy Fields - LB
Player Archetype: Coverage Linebacker

Its unfortunate that Guy here has to follow Rusty, because on his own Guy is an outstanding prospect as well. He's got the tools to compete on the field with 99 TPE, and some dynamite speed at 75. He's actually a bit stronger than Rusty, at 65, so there is a case to be made for Guy here. On top of that, Guy finds ways to contribute off the field with some great graphical prowess. The rest of the S25 linebacker prospects are chasing these two, and they are getting left behind.

L'Gazzy Burfict
Player Archetype: Run Stopper

Something about this name gave me a concussion. But once I looked at his stats, I snapped right out of it. Although not at the same level as Fields or Rucker, Burfict here brings a lot to the table at his neighborhood potluck. His 89 TPE shows itself in his strong strength and speed (both 70), and his media game is strong as well. Whoever picks up Burfict will be more than happy with his production both on and off the field.

Gib McGlib - LB

Well, you knew it couldn't last. After a number of tremendous prospects, we've arrived at Gib here. Gib announced he was entering the league, and then promptly vanished like a magic act. While the league office was impressed, he has yet to make himself reappear which is really the most important part of the trick. Teams will need to make some hard decisions when it comes to picking Gib up.

Wasrabi Gleel - LB
Player Archetype: Power Rusher

Did I get that name right the first time? No. But, if Gleel keeps producing up to his potential, it will be an easy name to remember. The off-season has been good for Gleel, with his current 84 TPE. His speed is there at 73, and his media profile has been impressive. If there's an opportunity, Gleel takes advantage of it and you can't ask for much more.

Gary Goodman - LB

Man, the linebacker group this year is strong as fuck. Not just physically strong, though Gary has that with a 70. But dedicated as well. Gary, at the moment, is going to town with a 99 TPE and a media presence that includes articles and a twitter (https://twitter.com/Gary_Goodman_LB). He's still trailing behind Rucker, but its a toss up between him and fields depending on team need.

Jeff Haraldson - LB

Jeff, son of Harald, has a lot of question marks. He declared for the draft, and then right after declared that he was going to on a grand quest to the land of his forefathers: Ohio. No one has seen or heard from Jeff since, but here's to hoping that he's safe out there and that his quest is a successful one.

Richard 'Dick' Leaking - LB

When this linebacker corps shows up, they show up. Dick here is going to be giving it hard to the league with 99 TPE and with all of that in the bank. Teams will be able to stroke that potential how they see fit, leading to a climax of a tremendous player. Present off the field in Discord and a twitter (https://twitter.com/LeakingRichard), Dick has had no problem exploding all over the scene. Those that want to get ahead should be taking a second peep at this player.

Terry Tate - LB

The office linebacker himself coming in hot! Terry has been a prospect for a little longer than some of the others on this list, giving him the opportunity to gain additional TPE. He's amassed 88 TPE in that span, pretty respectable. When he's not busy tackling people making personal phone calls at work, he's in the graphics department, cranking out content. A strong pick up for any team with a need at LB.

Hank Winchester - LB

This player is a waiver pick up by the Dallas Birddogs, and boy does he show it. 142 total TPE with most of that on speed (87). Look for the Birddogs to see if they can keep such an impact player when the draft comes around, he should be even better in his official rookie year.
Arkz Rating: ??????

Donald McBobby - LB

Donald here was a waiver pick up by the champion Norfolk Seawolves, so he already has a taste of what sweet victory is like. On top of that, he's got an impressive 111 TPE behind him, which should make him a force right out of the game. He's not at the same level as Hank Winchester, but he's at least going to provide some serious help in the run game.

Moving right along, lets get to the big boys at defensive tackle.

DT

LeDavious 'Dave' Davis - DT
Player Archetype: Run Stuffer

Hefty Davis here is a lot of size and not much else. He's coming in at 310 lbs. and 70 strength, but that's about all you can say about him at this stage. He has a very long way to go, given he's still at 50 TPE. At this point he may be a warm body to plug into a defense when your starters need a break.

J.J.J. Shabadoo - DT
Player Archetype: Interior Rusher

This young prospect from Texas comes into the league with some strength (70) and some TPE at 57. But league coaches and veterans will tell you that you need to do more in order to stand out in this league. Teams will be taking on a project player that may need some coaxing before they are capable of contributing to the team.

Sheed Thebaw - DT

Finally, a real prospect! Sheed is a little lighter than the previous DT's at 300 lbs, but is coming in with a respectable 67 TPE. He strength (63), tackling (47) and speed (67) are his core areas of focus, and he's also contributing with some additional media as well. He'll need some coaching, but all the building blocks are there.

Angelo Cerilli - DT

If Thebaw is an appetizer, than Cerilli here is the main course. He's got the size that you want (6'5", 310lbs) and the TPE 99. He's kept all that potential in his bank right now, so there's a lot of possibilities in store for the team that picks him up. On top of that, he's working on increasing his media profile and has a twitter (https://twitter.com/FutureDT3), so you know he's committed. This is an impact player and one that scouts need to take a serious look at.

Honky-Tonk Haywood - DT

Honky-Tonk, appropriately hailing from Tennesee, is a strong prospect that pales in comparison only to Cerilli. He has slightly less total TPE than Cerilli at 89, but has put that TPE into practice. He's coming in with 70 speed, 52 agility, and 65 strength among the relevant attributes. He's also out there, grinding the media circuit, which you always love to see. Although Cerilli and Slattery (more on him later) probably go first, no one should be disappointed if they get Haywood.

Bonifacius van den Huevel - DT
Player Archetype: Run Stuffer

Is this guy a defensive tackle prospect or some guy who painted some lovely Dutch landscapes a few hundred years ago? Well, we're going to look at him as a defensive tackle for now. He's coming in with 57 TPE, and not much media presence, so there is a chance that he's working on that next Dutch masterpiece. Regardless, he has a long way to go to set himself apart in the S25 DT class.

Booker Bookchin - DT

Uh, so this is a first. This player declared for the draft, but then was struck by a car and received spinal damage and so thus is unable to take part in the upcoming season. No, for real, I'm not making this up. We will see if Bookchin is able to recover and return to the league.

Vance Slattery - DT
Player Archetype: Nose Tackle

The absolute thiccest of bois. Vance is coming in with some impressive physical skills, already at 99 TPE. Highlights include a 75 strength and 62 speed for the big man. On top of his on-the-field contributions, Vance is also a master of media and has a twitter (https://twitter.com/RealV_Slattery), showing that you're getting more than a physical specimen if you pick him up.

Hunter Mantis - DT

Who is this mysterious man? Or is he a creature from space? Some sort of insectoid invader here to test our strengths and weaknesses on the football field. Here to hunt the most dangerous game that it can find, all in an effort to sate some sort of biological imperative even it cannot fully explain. Whatever it is, its not going to make the best defensive tackle.

Goat Tank - DT

The man, the myth, the goat tank, its Goat Tank. One of the more eloquent players in the league, this DT spent time last season on the Buccaneers, amassing a whopping 134 total TPE in that time. He's preparing to be an absolute terror in the league, and QB's and RB's better watch out. Goat Tank will go early, that much is for sure, and his future team will be very glad to have him.

Finally, last but certainly not least, we have the incredibly deep defensive end class of S25.

DE

Jake Sackson - DE

Starting us off we have another recreate here. The trouble with recreates is that they are very hard to judge. So, we'll take Sackson here on his own merits. And honestly there aren't many. Still working off his base 50 TPE, he's going to be lacking the physical tools that the others in this deep draft class have. There's always a chance that he turns it around, but there's some serious work to do first before he gets there.

Jeffrey Jefferson - DE

Young Jeffrey here has a very long way to go in the league if he wants to make it as a defensive end. I feel like I did a disservice talking up this class a moment ago, as these first two are big question marks that leave a lot to be desired. Jefferson here is still at his base 50 TPE and hasn't show much engagement, creating the image of a risky prospect.

Owen Isaac - DE

Finally, now we're talking. Owen is another player hailing from the UK, this time from London. Owen here is packing 81 TPE so far in his pro career. He's bringing in a strength of 72, and will need to continue to invest there as he spends time in the league. Still, with his growth so far as well as his media presence, the future is bright for Mr. Isaac.

Raylan Crowder - DE

Here it is folks, potentially the top pick in the entire draft, and I feel justified in saying that. Crowder is coming into draft week with an obscene 129 TPE. There were some prospects in the recent ISFL draft that didn't quite hit that number. Strength? He's got it (72). Speed? Hell yeah (80). Tackling? Forget about it (67). On top of that, he's been incredibly active on Discord and recruiting new members to the league. I feel so good about this pick, I'm breaking my own rules. Six god-damned stars.
Arkz Rating: ??????

Henry Grant - DE

We're going to jump back to the land of mortals, but Grant is still a strong prospect. 67 TPE to his name, he's been active on the field and in the background on twitter (https://twitter.com/HenryGr20991114). Some team is going to be happy to have him at the outside, chasing after QB's and setting the edge.

Hank Sackner - DE

Our first Canadian player that we've come across, Sackner is bringing some tools to the table. He has the same TPE as Grant, 67, but doesn't have some of the intangibles that Grant has. Still, there is a lot of potential here for a team to invest in if they want to give him a deeper look and help him grow.

Albert Ruschmann - DE

The Rutgers prospect is off to a very strong showing, with 99 total TPE so far. Crowder is far and away from the field, but Ruschmann is giving chase and performing admirably. He's also been a tremendous force off the field, including on Discord and in the recent league charity event. This paints the picture of a dependable producer, both on the field and off.

Bobby Hoffman - DE

Our second Hoffman on this list, and a very impressive one at that. This Hoff is coming into the draft week with 92 TPE, and impressive total. His 73 strength will serve him will, and his 73 speed will help him get into the backfield quickly. Teams will be more than satisfied having Bobby coming in off the edge.

Sam Roes- DE

The string of respectable DE prospects continues with Sam here, coming to us from Purdue by way of Indianapolis. Sam has a little catching up to do with his 69 TPE, but he's shown some coachability and that the building blocks are there. More of a project than some of the previous linemen, there is potential here.

Abdul-Jabbar Abid - DE

Abid here has some of the tools needed to excel in his position and the league. He's coming in with 57 TPE, which is respectable, and some quickness in his feet (47 agility). Still, he has some room to improve and will need some help reaching the next level of his game.

Sack Daddy - DE

Great name, poor player. Hailing from Buenos Aires, Saximus needs a lot of work to compete at this level. He still is working from his stock 50 TPE, and there's a lot of work to be done here if he plans to really stick out on a team. This may be another warm body that teams leverage for depth.

Crozier McCoy - DE

Crozier here is an interesting prospect. On paper he is in the lower tier of prospects with 57 TPE, but he has been active in the media circuit. There's a chance that a team could pick up McCoy and nurture him into a strong performer, but that remains to be seen and so far there are a number of question marks.

Brick Van Sanzo - DE

Another great name, and fortunately backed up by a good player as well. Brick is laying it down with 84 TPE, a strong showing in this class. He features great speed for the position at 77 and budding endurance. On top of that, he's had a presence in the media field as well as on Discord. A strong prospect that should make his future team happy.

Vick Vinegar - DE

What can I say about Vick that I can't say about Vinegar? He's strong, sour, and too much of him is going to put everyone off. He's still at his base 50 TPE, so there's certainly room to grow and work to do both in and out of the training room.

Troy Watson - DE

Troy is another one of these guys at 57 TPE in the class. There's potential there, and he's shown a media presence, but there's going to be questions there. Work-wise he should actually be in the 60's in terms of TPE, but hasn't claimed that potential yet. Teams will need to give Troy a strong helping hand if they plan on drafting him.

Etrigan T. Slayer - DE

Etrigan got some time in with the Portland Pythons last season, and used the opportunity to its fullest. He's packing 132 TPE, which is absolute absurd compared to other members of this class. This guy will be an absolute terror on the line, and QB's are going to fear his name and the team that picks him up.

Tex Wrecks - DE

Tex here is a beast, a man, a mammoth, a stud. After getting some waiver time in with the Luchadores, Tex has 112 TPE to his name and an active media profile to go along with it. There's some stronger DE talent ahead of him in this draft, so he may not go as high as he deserves, but he's still a hell of a player.

Well, that's it fam, we did it. Its all over, time to collect the check. Wait, that's just the defensive side of the ball? There's still the offensive to get through? Alright, lets get to it. Since we were just talking about the big bois, how about we continue that trend and get into the deep offensive line class of S25.

OL

Marc Hamel - OL
Player Archetype: Technician

Another player from Canada, Marc comes to us from Québec. Marc has been putting in the time, bringing himself up to 75 TPE, a strong showing. So far, he has that entire haul banked as potential, so a future team will have the ability to mold him as needed. On top of that, he's showing a strong performance off the field with his own twitter (https://twitter.com/OffensiveOL).

Kentdavion 'Davie' Davis - OL
Player Archetype: Run Blocker

This is the second guy on this list obsessed with the David-ness of his name. Unfortunately, that's about the most notable thing you can say about Davie. He's still working from his stock 50 TPE and hasn't shown much life outside of that. He may improve some lines out there at a base level, but anyone looking to really build a strong line will pass him by.

Smitty McGee - OL

Again, the name here is far more remarkable than the player, and the name is just okay. Smitty here, who wore a hat, dark glasses, and a trench coat to league offices, is very unremarkable. He's working off his standard skill set at 50 TPE, and hasn't shown any drive to get beyond that. Teams will quickly grow beyond him if he keeps that attitude.

Sterling Moss - OL
Player Archetype: Athletic Lineman

Stirling here hopes that his career is as shiny as his namesake. However, he still has a long way to go to get there. Moss has expanded his skill set and is up to 59 TPE, with much of that invested into the relevant categories, including intelligence (60). He's also building a reputation for himself off the field, specifically through a twitter account (https://twitter.com/SterlingMoss59). The building blocks are here, they just need some help putting them together.

Macho Weber - OL

Man, these have been some unremarkable lineman prospects. Aside from Hamel and Moss, all these prospects are going to be used mostly as depth for their team in the short term. Weber is no difference. A quiet boy with a limited physical set (50 TPE), he will have to work incredibly hard to build himself up in this league.

Chuck Roth - OL

Finally, a blue chip prospect to write about! Chuck here is constantly working on his game, but currently has 99 TPE to his name. He's putting all of that into the relevant areas: strength (80), run blocking (70) and pass blocking (70). He's active off the field in Discord, and showing what an actual top of the line OL prospect looks like.

Connor Quigley - OL

The UMASS product, Quigley does not actually come from down under. He does have some physical talent, with 59 TPE to his name. However, that does not count the unclaimed TPE he has from his wiki page. Another potential prospect that might just need more of a helping hand,he's an intriguing option on draft day.

Joe Show - OL

I wrote "Joe Snow" first, and then I got sad over Games of Thrones. But do you know what won't make you sad? My boy Joe Show here. Joe is a producer, putting 75 TPE to his name since he declared for the league. He's active on Discord, and can be an important addition to any OL in the DSFL right now.

Clay Stallworth - OL

Another player from Purdue, Clay here is very similar to Joe in terms of overall makeup. He has 79 TPE, and has been working to put some additional weight on. It shows that there's a willingness to learn and be coached, and that's an incredibly important aspect to any prospect. He even has some unclaimed TPE out there, that can make him even stronger.

Adam Mellott - OL
Player Archetype: Pass Blocker

Adam here brings a lot to the table as an offensive lineman. He has one of the higher TPE amounts in the class at 84, and is putting it towards the attributes you'd want him to. On top of that, he's active in Discord and committed to building his skill set even more. If only his TPE was slightly higher, there was potential for him as the first five-star offensive lineman.

Marlon Alexander - OL

Marlon here hails from New Mexico, and is a strong example of speed (57) and strength (80) at the position. His TPE is slightly higher than Adam's, at 88. However, his activity on Discord and his commitment to the community cannot be understated. Whoever picks Marlon will not only have an asset on the field, but also in the locker room.

Felix Archstone - OL

Now we are getting to the folks that may go early in the draft. Felix here is coming in at an impressive 99 TPE, with strength (81) and endurance (61) to show for it. Felix here has also been active in charity and other off-the-field endeavors, creating a complete player that is ready to make an impact immediately.

Ananda Adyan - OL

This international player is the crown jewel of the S25 OL draft class. Everything you want, he's got. TPE? No problem, 102. Media presence? You'll catch him often in the graphics space and has his own twitter (https://twitter.com/recharge75). You cannot go wrong with this pick, and he's going to make his DSFL (and eventual ISFL) team very happy.

Hank Antilles - OL

Hank here is a solid player, no other way to say it. He's bringing 65 TPE to the table and spending in the areas you'd want him to (strength, 77). He's taking part in the activities you want him to, and slowly building up his skill set. He won't be the all-star of your line, but he can be the glue to help keep it together.

Ninton Quelson - OL
Player Archetype: Technician (Eg. Travis Frederick, Alex Mack)

Legit, the third guy I've seen from Purdue so far in this draft. What a powerhouse program Purdue has built for themselves in 2039. Ninton is bringing 57 TPE to the league, a modest sum he probably hopes to build on. However, there is a lot of work that Ninton has put in that is yet to be claimed, so there's the possibility to explode beyond that current number if someone can help him.

Swantavius Jones - OL

Absolute beast. If there's anyone who can challenge Adyan for first offensive lineman off the board, its going to be Jones. Swantavius has amassed himself an absurd 131 TPE for himself, resulting in an extremely impressive 86 strength. Jones will anchor which line he is on for seasons to come.

Hugh McGee - OL

Another very solid lineman that is going to make their future team happy, but doesn't have the physical tools or intangibles to set himself apart like a few of our other prospects. McGee has 65 TPE to his name, and looks to continue building it. However, he will need to show a more consistent presence if he wants to take the next step in the league.

Duncan Donuts - OL

This is a waiver player, who has already spent time with the Dallas Birdogs. However, despite his advantage in time, he's only bringing 66 TPE to the game. He's a solid player, who will show up day in and day out, but he won't be able to take over the game for your team.

Medicinal Toblerone - OL

What a beast. A waiver player with the London Royals in the previous season, this guy is coming in stacked at 110 TPE. There's a few fresh rookies that eclipse that number, but now many and no one with his experience. Watch him go early, potentially back to the Royals.

Now that's all the extra big boys in the league out of the way, lets talk about the guys who are still big but can also catch.

TE

Cmon Skiuuup - TE
Player Archetype: Vertical Threat

Getting started with a bang here, with Sk

The Only S25 Scouting Report You Actually Need - ztarwarz - 08-01-2020

Arkz, this is amazing, but I regret to inform you that you forgot to scroll down on Alex Reed's page.

He has 141 TPE, among the highest of all the Waiver Wire guys, much less the rest of the prospects.

The Only S25 Scouting Report You Actually Need - Vainknight13 - 08-01-2020

Hard work pays off! Senpai noticed me! OwO

The Only S25 Scouting Report You Actually Need - Crodyman - 08-01-2020

This is such a quality post I am at a loss for words. I appreciate the kind words, big dog. Bravo!

The Only S25 Scouting Report You Actually Need - Thor - 08-01-2020

:eyes:

The Only S25 Scouting Report You Actually Need - Arkz - 08-02-2020

(08-01-2020, 07:51 PM)ztarwarz Wrote:Arkz, this is amazing, but I regret to inform you that you forgot to scroll down on Alex Reed's page.

He has 141 TPE, among the highest of all the Waiver Wire guys, much less the rest of the prospects.

Good call ztarwarz, I blew that one. Guide is updated with a proper score. Sorry NylarthePhoenix!

The Only S25 Scouting Report You Actually Need - Asked Madden - 08-02-2020

Fantastic write up. (And not just because my write-up was so flattering).
I started planning on just reading the people that jumped out but found the mixture of analysis and humour kept me reading. (Honestly what on earth happened to Bookchin!)

My one critique - you've done my man Theebaw dirty, he hasn't quite worked out the way of the update page so you have to scroll down but he's up their in TPE with the best of them at 101 TPE!

Once this gets graded you'll be able to get that top tier equipment.
Also the fact you've linked to every update page... Just, bravo!

RE: The Only S25 Scouting Report You Actually Need - Arkz - 08-02-2020

So the new forums has a character limit and half of it is cut off! Here is the entire guide: http://forum.sim-football.com/index.php?showtopic=24808&view=findpost&p=333439

RE: The Only S25 Scouting Report You Actually Need - Oneski - 08-02-2020

Amazing write up man! Can’t believe you covered everyone.
Huge thanks for the kind words too!

RE: The Only S25 Scouting Report You Actually Need - kingsleigher - 08-02-2020

Quote:Although his last name is West, this CB could bring a lot of light to the team that drafts him.

Loved that a lot and it's not even my player lol

Great write-up all around