International Simulation Football League
*Brooklyn Atlantics Pre-Game Locker Room Report - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Brooklyn Atlantics Pre-Game Locker Room Report (/showthread.php?tid=24744)

*Brooklyn Atlantics Pre-Game Locker Room Report - r0tzbua - 08-05-2020

A stroll through the Brooklyn Atlantics locker room

The air is so thick that you think you could cut it with a nice in the Brooklyn Atlantics locker room. Each and every one of the players is going through their pre-game rituals. While walking through it you see a lot of dedication, a lot of nervousness even. This is where the players want to prove themselves, their chance to make sure all the General Managers and Scouts see that they are strong under the big lights. It’s the game of the short prospect bowl season where everything is on the line.

We walk by the locker of Marlon Alexander, where he is currently sitting with headphones on his head, listening to his pre-game jam. We don’t want to disturb him while he goes over some last minute film on the Armadillo D-Line with Taylor Swift blasting in his Beats. 3 lockers over is Guy Fields, a linebacker prospect who shined in the first 2 games but was not able to build upon his success in the games that they actually won. Peterson, the quarterback is still going over defensive looks that they saw and did not act upon in the first two games. This is it. Everyone knows, this is the way to retaliate for the first two games against the Tumbleweeds that ended badly.

The journey was not easy for sure. No one believed Brooklyn could come back from two straight losses and the feeling in the locker room was that a lot of people gave up, but yesterday this was a totally new team. It was not only strategy that changed, it was everything. The whole team was riding on a totally different type of energy, they were “vibing” as one of the players called it in a post game interview.

“We spent the time we had after our first to games to work on our whole act”, Leaking, another one of the Linebackers said. “We didn’t start well. We spent a lot of time talking, gelling, forming a real team. We were talking about our past, what we want to achieve and even things like what memes we enjoy. It helped a lot to elevate our game.”

If someone would be totally honest, there is not too much on the line in this game, but for these players it seems like everything is. There is no feeling of “this is just an unimportant pre-preseason game.” These players want to advance, they want to get into the next round, and they want to show what they have.

Callous, the Wide Receiver who showed a strong performance against the Drifters said it in an interview when the team arrived at the stadium: “This means everything to us, we are not thinking about the draft right now, we are thinking about how we want to beat them, show them what we are made of after what they did to us last time”. And he is not alone with this feeling, most of the locker room feels like they have to prove something, it seems like this is the general consensus in the locker room. The first two games, that was not them, it was a different team where too many things just straight up went wrong and the whole offense did not click.

“This time it will be different”, the General Manager said yesterday in an interview when the scheduling came out, “we are prepared, we know what to expect and how to counter it, that is for sure.” He did not want to say what exactly they changed in their gameplan, how they adapted and what the exact starting lineup will look like, but he said to expect some slight changes from yesterday: “We want to surprise them.”

His goal is clear: Beat the Tumbleweeds, advance to the next round and in the end reach the finals. “I know this team can do it. I have seen them train, I have seen them work, they are an incredible bunch who fought back from a horrible first round of games and they just get better every training session. I just hope I won’t disappoint them, because I know for sure they have shown me they deserve the win.”

So their goal is clear. Brooklyn seems focussed on it, everyone knows where they want to end up. But one thing is for sure: The Tumbleweeds won’t hand the win to them. They want to come back as well from two rough games where they didn’t deliver. Some people seem very sure that this will be a boring game. But from walking in this locker room we are sure that they will give everything to make sure the Brooklyn Atlantics show who they really are and continue to be.

Code:
797 words

RE: Brooklyn Atlantics Pre-Game Locker Room Report - ztarwarz - 08-05-2020

LET'S GO