International Simulation Football League
*Part 2 of my thing with no good name - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Part 2 of my thing with no good name (/showthread.php?tid=24753)

*Part 2 of my thing with no good name - C9Van - 08-06-2020

[Hello, this is also 2550-ish words long and is ready for grading]

Okay so in the last part of my god awful writing I was just getting things off my mind that I wanted to write about. I decided to split it up purely for two reasons. 

#1 - More money. You get that dank as fuck bonus at 2500 words. May as well split it for way more money.

#2 - Take a much needed break like I am with my player building.

Just before I go back into the other defensive positions and kicking positions I would like to start part 2 by saying taking a break from building is really fucking great. Basically I could have just recreated but the time to recreate is not perfect in my opinion and I want to make the biggest monster that I physically can and that means creating at a specific time. I did it for Jose Forty-Three and he is really starting to ramp up and be annoying to face and my next Lazzy will be the same. It means I cannot do anything for a handful of weeks but that really is a good thing.

I get a pretty chill break inbetween seasons. Hopefully the yellowknife Wraiths are able to play well but no pressure on me whatsoever. I can just chill and enjoy the league. I remember finding this place the night of the Ultimus in season 14 or 15. Whichever season had San Jose beat Philly in that final. Sure I cursed Philly for like 6 seasons whenever I watched them but I was thrilled to see a super cool community with a fun sim league. I want that feeling I had watching that final again and in recent times I have gained that back. The pro bowl was chill, prospect bowl was silly but great to watch the new people play. Just way more fun environment for me and that I think is what we all want. Just to have fun in a league whilst attempting to absolute dick the opposition.

I would happily say to you all to just chill and enjoy a few weeks off like I am before making the best player you can.

Anyhoo, sorry about the disorganisation of these topics. I struggle to keep focused on things and blurt out whatever hits my head at 60 mils per hour sometimes. Let us get back to where I left off about the positions.

Cornerback - I think this is the position that likes to cuck Wide Receivers? Out of all the defensive positions I have to talk about now this is probably up there with what I want to be playing. It is a rather popular position I think compared to the Safety position. I imagine Line Backers are everywhere too so it is 1 of my preferred destinations. I think playing on a defending position would suit me as well. I do not really care about seeing my name in fantasy and if Cornerback is a position you can shine in a lot I am hardcore down for this more than others.

Line Backer - Just not for me if I am honest. I am not taking anything away from line backers, they are really good but I think this is the most played defensive position. I would look this up but the Total Points Earned tracker is currently down as of writing so I cannot check. I am thinking of becoming a kicker or Line backer or hell maybe even a Running Back in the Super Casual league next so I do not want to clash with it cause if I did pick this here that kills me ever picking it in that league. 

I really am not against picking it but the position just is up against it right now and I am not sure if I want to be one over the next position.

Safety - The one position I think I am leaning to the most at this current time is Safety. I think I can make a great safety player, seems the least popular of these 3 possible when I checked ages ago and I think I would have a lot of good quality fun in this position too. I said in the first part that I wanted to gun Hall of Fame hard and I think this may be the position I could do it in. I am going to be asking a few people for help in what position to pick but until then I like the sound of being a Safety. 

Another small reason for Cornerback and Safety is in the Axis game they are paired together as a Defensive Back position so not against being either of these really.

Kicker & Punter - I hope people do not take this as a joke but I am deadly serious about considering being a kicker or a punter. I can say right now that in Development Simulation Football League I would not play this position at all. If I can I would like to gun Most Valuable Player in the seasons I am down there and that shit is not happening in these positions at all. But when I go up I could just go kicker too. If I beg Infinite enough for help he might tell me how to build a god tier kicker and boom, one of the more simple positions. I heavily doubt I will go this position if I am honest but I am not saying no to it right now.

It kills draft stock but I would not really care. I like the idea of being one of the highest ever Total Points Earned players but in a kicker position. Could be cool.

So it is right now looking like Quarter Back, Running Back, Corner Back and Safety with a small chance of Kicker, Line Backer and Tight End getting a small chance of getting picked. Good small chance the one I start with in Development Simulation Football League is not the one I use in International Simulation Football League too.

Also just real quick, I really like the league name change. NSFL is a bit weird considering what abbreviation it usually relates too. Good decision to change it.

So those are the positions I am thinking of doing. My plans fairly simple overall I think. Depending on if I could have an immediate impact in my position or not and what everywhere is like in my position will determine a lot of stuff.

I guess the next shameless plug to promote my draft stock is I will play any position I am willing to play for the team!

Would have to be when just before or after I move up but we will see. I really do want to join a good locker room or team environment and I want to help that team grow to be really good. I will not be afraid however to check free agency if I feel like my chances of Hall of Fame are getting crippled mind. Fair is fair overall. I am hoping and praying to be a lifer who just stays at one team all his career. I love that idea but that does not mean I will just bend over backwards for the team again like I have previously done. You are already getting me for dirt cheap as the bare minimum, all I ask is you do what the World Championship winning Providence Crabs have done for me. Show a bit of trust and loyalty and you get it back in ten-fold.

Try to help me make the best player that I can be for your team so we can beat the league together. I do not personally think it is all that hard to manage and then it is win-win. I want to be a guy you can build a dynasty around and at the very least know you do not need to worry about that position for a long time. I want to be the person you would willing pick 1st overall or even trade up for 1st overall to get me.

Be one of the clear best and elites to watch out for in the league in the future for your team. I am going into my next player with opinions reset. Now, sure. I am good friends with a lot of you from Simulation Hockey League, Pro Baseball Experience, Super Casual, the General league discords, other random discords, etc but I think the best way to go around this is what I did with Jose Forty-Three.

I did not know many people past the people in this league, I wanted to make the best player and the best time I could and wherever I landed would get one of the better people. Now I tried my absolute damnedest to make Nashville want me 1st overall and now they probably regret it since I am killing it for the Providence Crabs and they do not have Evok's player anymore. I want to try and do the same thing in this great league. Just have a 100% unbiased opinion on every team.

Last career I never was going to join the Chicago Butchers. The main reason was because they were an expansion team in the first ever draft with #1 and #2 overall picks and I loved the idea of playing for them. It is kind of like the situation with the Nashville Stars and Cancun Toros actually when I think about it. Expansion team, could be one of the first ever drafted by the team, home for life and help them build a future.

They picked Sam Torenson who is a great pick up for sure but left them eventually and AlexF's dude (Blake Faux? I forget his name now if I am honest) who retired super early on into his career. So I never wanted to play for them for letting me drop.

Well now, honestly who cares? I do not really care about high draft pick place now and just want to go to a team that actually wants me. That thinks this is a player we can build around not just "oh neat, new toy". If that is Chicago then fuck yeah. Same for my old team the Colorado Yeti. Okay, sure bridge possibly burned down now but why not rejoin them? We were at one point super close and cool. Locker Room by the end of my stay was great and overall if I fit in the team why not dick the league? 

Probably not going to happen but I am not going to say "Nah fam, fook dis shit and those teams!" cause I wanted a fresh start and that is what it means. I love the Yellow knife lads, Sarasota and New Orleans people but they need to get me first. I remember getting approached by all the Pro Baseball Experience General Managers and how they were hoping to get me and I am hoping for the same thing. To join a team and make big impact for them as we try to win titles and awards.

Anyone and everyone is a possible and pleasant option. The biggest decision will be if you need my position probably or if you are willing to give me a chance.

All that writing just to state why I may check free agency if I think the team doesn't have mutual loyalty. Yeesh. The only other thing I will state that some General Managers may not like is about contracts. 

Like I said earlier. I will always ask for the bare minimum. I really will not need money cause have you seen how much bollocks I can write. But I will not do long term contracts again. I got shafted hard by my last contract that is still technically going to even this season and I am not doing that again. 

I will always sign for minimum but they will probably be 1 year or longer years contracts with player option (I think player option is the option where the player can opt out or try free agency if they so choose too but I have never been a General Manager.)

Hell I most likely in that case would put a stipulation to force the team to protect me if an expansion draft happens cause I am never going through this issue again. I personally do not think this is much to ask for in the long run of everything. The vast majority of people want money cause even I did when I was brand new to sim leagues but I can sustain myself quite easily now. It does show a bit of loyalty and trust to me.

I am pretty much done with everything now past just telling you all my plans. It appears the best time to make is a bit after the month of September starts so I can be picked up as a waiver. So I have about a month to decide my starting playing position. Whether or not I just stick with it for the major leagues is another story but that comes down to what and who drafts me and how I feel the minor leagues is going. 

I come with way more flexibility than a lot of people in season 26 and by the looks of Season 25 draft class being a pretty big one I am confident I am going to be a good player you would want in a possibly lacking draft class. I have put a lot of thought into my next character and player and want to make sure I am in a way better position than I was when I was new to sim leagues. I royally fucked up in Simulation Hockey League and in hindsight did not do Laszlo Forty-Two very well since I blindly picked random stuff on a Wide Receiver so it will be wanting to do this right.

I have to state it is pretty fun to be the first and only Season 26 player right now and build up to a rather most likely weak draft class. It will be fun to explore builds and I am hoping a few people will give me much needed advice for my next dude cause I really will need it. Like, I have no idea what I am doing tier of needing help.

Also just as a small easter egg for anyone actually reading this. Why does everyone spam a white cute cat nodding its head up and down repeatedly all the time in the main general discord? Seem's a little weird to me if I am honest.

But this basically wraps up everything in this piece of media I think. I plan on doing a few other pieces of media in the future to make myself in the top 20 and hit over 100 million. I am only a handful away but I may as well abuse drafts when they come around. One on the upcoming draft class that will be before me and ones on my draft class when they are applicable. 

So that is now basically it people. For the weird people who read these I thank you and hope you have a lovely upcoming draft and I will see you all in another media soon.