International Simulation Football League
*Ananda Adyan, Post-DSFL Draft. - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Ananda Adyan, Post-DSFL Draft. (/showthread.php?tid=24830)

*Ananda Adyan, Post-DSFL Draft. - TMosura - 08-08-2020

After pick #32 was announced, it was the name of a foreign athlete that was spoken out by the commissioner. That’s right, the Norfolk Seawolves had announced they were picking Ananda Adyan on 32nd overall. The offensive lineman had quite the journey from playing semi-professional flag football in Indonesia to making it to the DSFL, now slated to protect last season’s MVP, Sulaiman Ramza every drive in Norfolk.

After the whole celebration (which Ananda later admittedly was quite humble), I sat down in front of my laptop, setting up a Zoom meeting with the Indonesian, elated with his new team. It took a moment for Ananda to connect as I later found out that he was back home in Indonesia, but eventually, when all was said and done, the interview took place.

Q: Hey hey, here he is! Mr. Ananda Adyan, the newest member of the Norfolk Seawolves! Say, have you calmed down yet or the jitters from all the happiness still lingered on?

A: Haha! Hey, Quinn. Yeah, I’m uh, back in Jakarta after spending some time in Tiburon, I’m at my room and my extended family was more than happy that I was picked. Thankfully we had enough space to watch the draft together.

Q: The camera switched to you in absolute disbelief when you were picked. The Seawolves front office had some high praise for you being their pick, but you seem surprised that you were taken in what practically was the 3rd round, 32nd overall. Did you expect you’d be off the board earlier or a bit later?

A: Ah- You know a lot of mock drafts had predicted me to either be off the board first or at least within the top 5 offensive linemen. Obviously it came true now, but I never truly was bought in by the hype. There are a lot of other talented folks there who filled the need of many teams. I uh, even thought of a chance I was going to be picked by other teams, but Seawolves was definitely a team that I had constant contact with, so I’m happy either way.

Q: It wasn’t much of a surprise that you were a highly sought after prospect in this draft in terms of offensive linemen, so I’m going to keep an eye on your progress and journey throughout your rookie year.

A: Well, now you said that I need to work harder to look good for the camera, amirite? Ha.

Q: You certainly have a knack of attracting attention towards you and your progress. With that being said, are you ready to move to your new home in Norfolk? Have you contacted your new GM, coach, teammates, etc.?

A: Oh, speaking of that, yeah. I have scouted for a cozy apartment near the waterfront. Since I’m living alone for now, I figured a house would be much of an overkill for me, but I am not shying away from that potential in the future should the need arise. I also have contacted my GM, coach, some of my teammates both old and new! It was fun seeing one of the Landsharks, Xmus being picked to the Seawolves as well. He’s one hell of a corner and I can’t wait to see him going alive in the defense.

Q: Speaking of the Landsharks, it was a rough ending to what arguably a very dominant Prospect Bowl run, are you happy to obviously join some of them here and seeing them get picked?

A: Of course. Guys like Holloway, Archstone, Quelson, Xmus, those are folks who are absolutely deserving of their spot and I can’t wait to face some of them on the opposite side of the field, minus Xmus of course.

Q: Alright, I’m hearing some of that good old spirit of competition coming from you there! So I think this is the last question. Seawolves, they’re the reigning champion, but most of the talent that was there was drafted to the ISFL, potentially playing on their respective teams from the get-go. What’s your expectation for your rookie season?

A: Getting that second ring for the team, and getting a ring for myself. I think the team has quite the expectations for the season being the defending champs, but I believe they’re not resting on their laurels just yet. They’re hungry as I am hungry to perform.

Q: Quite the statement there, Ananda. Either way, thank you for taking your time and sitting down with me for some interviews! We’ll keep a close eye on your path throughout the season.

A: Thank you, Quinn. Fear the Fleet.