International Simulation Football League
*Draft Night in the Anabender household - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Draft Night in the Anabender household (/showthread.php?tid=24906)

*Draft Night in the Anabender household - DNeon - 08-09-2020

So run us through your Draft Night.

"Well for starters it was really Draft Morning since I was at home in Oz, and timezones are a c*** to deal with. Made s*** more stressful really, you yanks get to sleep it off but I have the whole day to ruminate. Megamind like me already got too much going through the head so that much added stress is dangerous. Not to mention I couldn't get my beauty sleep the night before, not gonna lie had a ripper bender that week to prepare, get it out of the system before going pro and all that. Headache was killing me.

The call though, that was deadly, I grew up round here barracking for the Taipans so I got shivers when they said they were from the Pythons, snake team connection and all that. I suppose over there we're pretty famous for our snakes so shouldn't be surprised they'd spring for the Aussie. Me mate round the corner actually owned a spotted python growing up, folks more superstitious than me would call it fate but I'll accept it as a good omen at least. The broadcast also kept talking about this team liking tight ends and I may still be figuring out this game but I've learned a lot about tight ends in my years backpacking so I don't think I've felt more prepared for job in my life.

I won't lie, I've seen the rankings, I know some CBs were considered higher than me but I was troubled by the slide anyways. Things were getting tense but hey, I get to work with a chip on my shoulder and us Aussies love nothing more than an underdog story, reckon I'm ready to Bradbury this draft class, show yous fellas in Portland that the team won't regret taking the chance on me. If you want an official statement for the team then that'd be it ay.

But yeah, I finished off by calling and thanking everyone. Well, actually I started waiting for a call because I knew Steve (me ex who got me into your game in the first place) would be watching and waiting to tell me ASAP that I'd still be picking fruit if he didn't come round and whisk me off to the US. I practically recited his little bit along side him as he'd called he's that predictable. Still love the bloke but god he knows how to be a s*** c*** like no other yank I've met, had a little Aussie in him I'd always say (his response probably wasn't safe for this interview ay). Anyway we had a real chat afterwards, and he gave me congrats while I told him I was out of his league now.

Second call was to the coach, the one who actually made this happen. I'd have just been a blip on some sunday league if not for him walking by and seeing me specky a dude. He said I had talent and he believed in me enough to do the work to get me scouted in the first place, if it weren't for him I really would still be picking fruit, well not really I do have a degree but you know what I'm saying.

Anyway I got to kick off the day with a nice buncha calls from other family and friends. It was good to have the mob get around me and keep me focussed on the positives, let me forget about the slide and the prospect bowl and just live in the moment. Kicked off another bender in I'm still recovering from now."

And what are your plans from here?

"Yeah, looking forward I've got some training to do, catching up to fellas who made better use of their time around the prospect bowl, some guys who knew what they were doing better than me. First steps first I'm getting my name out there, making people know who I am so they can watch me on the field. It's a tough road ahead but once I set down in Portland I think getting to know the place might be pretty high on the priorities. Been around the world a couple of times, maybe more, seen the sights and all that but never actually made my way to Portland so I've got some touristing to do too. 'All work and no play' after all. I reckon those are priorities 1 and 2."

Fantastic, well we can't wait to see you when the DSFL starts this week.

"Yeah cheers mate, thanks for the chats"

RE: Draft Night in the Anabender household - Thor - 08-09-2020

Glad to have another Aussie in the league, even if he is a filthy Taipans supporter.

RE: Draft Night in the Anabender household - DNeon - 08-15-2020

(08-09-2020, 09:49 PM)Thor Wrote: Glad to have another Aussie in the league, even if he is a filthy Taipans supporter.

I know I'm a solid week late for this comeback but if it's not Kings or *blegh* Wildcats then it's alright by me.