International Simulation Football League
Matt James Begins Holdout - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: Matt James Begins Holdout (/showthread.php?tid=2492)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Matt James Begins Holdout - MattJames - 07-21-2017

Press Release: Jay Z, Roc Nation Sports, Representing Offensive Tackle Prospect Matt James.

Good evening. I am issuing this statement on behalf of my client, offensive tackle, rights currently owned by the Philadelphia Liberty, Matt James. Due to an inability to come to an agreement on the terms of a contract my client will be holding out until a contract is penned and signed. Mr. James had adjusted the terms of his contract in an attempt to compromise to the terms of the Liberty management team, but they have not shown the same good faith.

To further divide the two, one general manager representing the Philadelphia Liberty openly mocked my client during negotiations. While my client has been contacted by several members of the organization about his role in anchoring the offensive line of the team –a team that is light at the offensive tackle positon just like the rest of the league—which creates value for my client as a player at a position where scarcity exists.

In addition, leading up the draft process Mr. James was not involved in a dialogue with the leadership of the Philadelphia Liberty, had the Liberty been concerned with offering set contracts to players which cannot be negotiated, in my professional opinion as an agent for several big-name athletes I would have expected them to reach out to my client and assure these terms were acceptable. My client was clear with several teams and general managers that reached out to him during the pre-draft process regarding his willingness to play for certain teams while not having a desire to play for others. Mr. James believes his willingness to move to a city and play for a team he was not interested in playing for warrants appropriate financial compensation. Mr. James’ belief was only further solidified when he was open mocked by a “professional” general manager and offered an extremely team friendly deal where he could be removed from the team with no long-term financial security.

Mr. James is honored to be drafted and to be a member of the best professional American football league in the world. Mr. James harbors no ill-will towards the fans or players in Philadelphia. My client would like to issue a special thanks to players in the locker room that have been extremely kind, understanding, and friendly throughout the contract negotiation process with extremely special thanks to Stephen Harris and Micah Hendrix.

Mr. James will be holding out for the remainder of the season or until he is provided with a contract in which he feels fairly financially compensated for an offensive lineman in the game today. Mr. James reaffirms his commitment to football and being a professional in this league. He will continue to participate in all activities he is able during this difficult process, but will not spend a single TPE he earns while an unsigned member of the Liberty. Furthermore my client’s absence from football activities allowed him to feel his passion and longing of the field and Mr. James now feels more committed to the league and the game and plans to demonstrate his commitment to his current team—though he is uncertain if the management of the team is capable of making amends over past assaults on his commitment, ability, character, and quite frankly pride— as well as other potential suitors in next years draft.

My client wanted to make it clear that should a team want to acquire him via trade Mr. James is willing to discuss the terms of contracts as the league rules permit. Mr. James would be willing to change positions and take a team friendly contract to remain in the same division as the Liberty. My client insists the one caveat to this agreement is that any interested teams are not to trade the Liberty any pick higher than a single 7th round draft pick. Mr. James was drafted in the 6th round and does not feel the treatment he received from the Philadelphia Liberty management should entitle them to more or equal compensation to where he was drafted.

My client is currently in the film room perfecting his craft (creating graphics) to prove his worth to the league. Mr. James will not be taking questions at this time. An open press conference will be held at a later date. Thank you.

Matt James Begins Holdout - kckolbe - 07-21-2017

@MattJames

"his willingness to play for certain teams while not having a desire to play for others"

Is the issue the contract or playing for the team?

Matt James Begins Holdout - mpclardy - 07-21-2017

inb4 re-signs with PHI

Matt James Begins Holdout - Anti-Hype - 07-21-2017

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, lolol. :lol: thats booold

Matt James Begins Holdout - iamslm22 - 07-21-2017

What a fucking clown :belly:

Matt James Begins Holdout - Jbearly - 07-21-2017

Lol

Matt James Begins Holdout - RainDelay - 07-21-2017

I'm intrigued.

Matt James Begins Holdout - theFlock - 07-21-2017

Let me get my popcorn.