International Simulation Football League
*Coyotes draft analysis + Three reasons for why they'll win the S24 Ultimini - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Coyotes draft analysis + Three reasons for why they'll win the S24 Ultimini (/showthread.php?tid=24921)

*Coyotes draft analysis + Three reasons for why they'll win the S24 Ultimini - GlimsTC - 08-09-2020

As the title says, I can promise you at the end of this season, it'll be the Kansas City Coyotes standing stall above the rest. I've read the reasons for why people say their team is better, and you know, that's fine. You get drafted to a team and you naturally want to believe that you'll be the best team just because. BUT YOU'RE WRONG, AND FACTS DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR FEELINGS. THE COYOTES ARE THE RAVENOUS DREAM EATERS YOUR PARENTS WARNED YOU ABOUT. Let me explain, point by point, so we can come to terms with where reality is currently based: In Kansas City.

Reason #1 - GMs of the year.

Yeah, that's right, we're not even at the roster yet and I've already got a HUGE point in favor of the Coyotes. Just recently, the fantastic and genius duo of Buttersqauch101 and Matty7478 were awarded with the prestigious honor of GMs of the year. Why, you may ask? Oh, no reason. All they did was take a dead last team and turn them into division leading-Ultimini playing monsters. Did I mention they did that in a single year? Yeah, they aren't playing around. They see a bad statistic and proceed to beat the living hell out of it as if the bad statistic was stealing candy from a baby. They aren't here for participation trophies, they're here for W's and championship trophies. Speaking of trophies, before Matty was GM, Buttersqauch101 actually won GM of the year with Jackets28 just two seasons ago. Imagine, in the span of three seasons, being THE BEST GM twice. Don't see any other team that can make that claim in the past three seasons. Facts are facts though, and my guys Butters and Matty are THE BEST GMs as it stands.

Reason #2 - The Kansas City Coyotes draft class.

Now we can talk about the draft class, which is insanely underrated. Many wrote this class off as 3rd or 7th and all sorts of middle of the pack placements. But the Coyotes are anything but middle of the pack. They're top dogs in everything they do, and their drafting skills are no different. So without further ado, here's the group of new guys you need to fear:

First Pick - Peter Patterson - CB

Starting off with one of the best prospects in the draft, We've got Peter Patterson! Patterson and his player, Slate, are an absolute stud in regards to what they bring to the table. With Slate, you get a guy who has made two really great threads with his S24 ISFL Consensus Mock Draft and a DSFL Mock Draft which covered a whopping 81 picks using nothing but Discord Activity. Both required a ton of time and research, giving us very insightful reads that no one else had done. Additionally, he has interest in wiki work, which is a huge plus for the entire ISFL. Slate's been doing a wonderful job with his player as well, having earned a total of 152 TPE, easily putting himself amongst the elite group of top earners in the DSFL draft. Patterson is a needed beast for the Coyotes, and Slate is a needed beast for the league. He's the all-around perfect package for a top spot pick.

Second Pick - Felix Archstone - OL

BUT THEN WE GET TO THE REAL STEAL OF THE DRAFT! My player, Felix Archstone was the first offensive linemen to be taken in the draft, giving KCC the biggest fair rub props in the league currently. How he fell to the second round is a mystery to everyone. How he went before the third round is a mystery to me. But regardless, the Coyotes needed a linemen, and they got their guy. With that said, I am a very dedicated player looking to max earn (which I have done so far with a whole 152 TPE total), create some entertaining media, contribute heavily to my team, and a player who is going to absolutely beast it up in the league. I won't be stopping anytime soon, so if you ask me, Kansas here got what is essentially two first rounders without even needing to trade up.

Third Pick - Crozier McCoy - DE

Unfortunately, life hits hard and things come up, and for that reason McCoy's player won't be joining us for this season. It remains to be seen what happens with Crozier McCoy the football player, but before leaving he showed a lot of promise in both activity and media. McCoy would have been a fierce defensive end and given us a wonderful player to have on the ride to champion status.

Fourth Pick - Gary Goodman - LB

Next up we have Gary Goodman, ran by the player ShnarlyDude! My man Shnarly has made not one, not two, but five different media posts before the draft, is super active on twitter running one of the best accounts in the ISFL, and contributes a player with an amassed 117 TPE! This dude's a beast that the entire league will be seeing around for quite a long time to come if he continues to be as active as he is. The fact that KCC managed to get him in the fourth round is one of the biggest steals of the draft, as this man could have easily been taken in the top two rounds.

Fifth Pick - Tony Yeboah - S

Tony Yeboah, ran by Frazzle14 is another really good pick that was scooped up way later than teams should have let him fall. Representing as one of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles of the league, Frazzle's contributed a very detailed media post on the players who make up the group. Along with this, he brings Yeboah in at the safety position with a whopping 110 TPE earned. This is only the start of what is likely going to be an incredibly solid defensive player and user of the league.

Sixth Pick - Clay Stallworth - OL

The Coyotes strike again at OL with an extremely solid pick in Clay Stallworth. Ran by the user Gravtx, Stallworth is one of the best active DSFL offensive linemen you can find with a total of 126 TPE. Not only that, but he is super active on both the forums and discord, with his media contributions totaling in at seven articles. He also runs the interview series called "Behind The Wall", which is an in-character interview with offensive linemen around the league. The work he does for the position is incredibly valuable and he will no doubt continue to do amazing work as both a player and a user.

Seventh Pick - Crayne Whebet - WR

Crayne Whebet, ran by the player Montegue provides the Coyotes with a very promising player at the receiver position. With a total of 105 TPE, Whebet serves the team as a very consistently leveled route running receiver that will no doubt be a weapon on the offense. Montegue is also a pretty active user on discord, seeking to do his best to build a player that'll make the team proud.

Eighth Pick - Clay Clark - CB

Another sleeper pick by the Coyotes comes as a player named Clay Clark, who is ran by Richard_Hooklip. Richard gives us an 81 TPE CB who'll do solid work in the backfield, a very entertaining media post providing lore on his player, and consistent activity in discord. He shows a lot of promise, especially if he keeps up the activity, so no doubt he'll be a great addition to the team.

Ninth Pick - Caleb Judge - LB

Continuing to build depth at the LB position, KCC obtained Caleb Judge, ran by user TheBlanken. He stands at a solid 79 TPE with a lot of motivation to get that number up. Additionally, he's active on discord and provides an already great group with another friendly face in the locker room. Once he gets going, I know for sure he'll do wonders in the league.

Tenth Pick - Connor Quigley - OL

The fair rubs from Kansas City continue with Connor Quigley, ran by WhatAmUs! By this point, most teams would have stopped drafting offensive linemen, but not the Coyotes, oh no, they're not satisfied with machines manning the wall. They want flesh and bones holding the line and pancaking any defender who dares to come at them. Quigley makes a great addition to the team for this reason, and while he only has 59 TPE currently, his player is extremely active on discord, so I feel it is only a matter of time until that same activity is reflected onto his player. But even if he remains a slow gainer, he'll still be way better than a bot and give the OL even more consistency than it already has.

Eleventh Pick - King Tut - RB

We then move on to my man Waldo and his player King Tut. Waldo is a long time user in the ISFL who previously manned the player Zack Vega. King Tut currently stands at 75 TPE, but with how active Waldo is in the community, you can bet that this number will shoot up and provide the Coyotes with one heck of a running back.

Twelfth Pick - Hank Antilles - OL

THE O-LINEMEN JUST KEEP COMING! Hank Antilles, while being controlled by an IA player, has some of the best stats a base offensive linemen can have. And for a team that's already pretty much complete, continuing to eliminate the offensive line bots is nothing but a good choice. Antilles will be a serviceable player whether his user comes back or not.

Thirteenth Pick - Jeff Haraldson - LB

Ensuring that we'll have LBs for days, KCC grabbed Jeff Haraldson, who while he has an IA player, still etches himself as a legend of the DSFL with the username of Bilbomcbaggins. It's an absolute shame that the player didn't stick around, but at least the Coyotes have the honor of being the team to say "Yeah, we drafted THE Bilbomcbaggins."

Fourteenth pick - Sack Daddy - DE

SACK DADDY. What a name, what a guy. Too bad his player is IA, because this player had a ton of potential. If we still had McCoy, this would have been THE DUO to takeover the league, but alas, Sack Daddy must carry, and carry he shall. Watch out GOAT TANK, you've got competition.

Fifteenth Pick - Macho Weber - OL

THE MAN, THE MYTH, THE LEGEND. Coming in as THE BEST overall base stat 50 TPE OL, Macho Weber is an extremely solid player to round out the full human OL. Despite also having an inactive player, Weber is an extremely strong player that'll prove to be more efficient than any silly bot would be, giving the OL the final edge it needs to be the most elite line in the DSFL. Other teams should fear the kind of line KCC has built as they use this season to learn why fair rubs matter.

Sixteenth Pick - Booker Bookchin - Retired DT

Yeah, you read that right. We drafted a guy who announced his retirement BEFORE the draft. That's just what we do up here in Kansas: Charity work. When the GMs heard about Bookchin's accident, they used their final pick as an opportunity to give back to a player who deserved way better. Now, despite not taking a single snap in the ISFL, our guy Bookchin is five million richer. It's just what Kansas City does.

Reason #3: Returning Players.

Now with that insanely impressive rookie class out of the way, surely the Coyotes can't get any stronger than that, right? WRONG. The Coyotes managed to retain a huge number of players for this upcoming season, ensuring that plenty of their players get another shot at that sweet Ultimini trophy. Players such as Joshua Campbell, Branch Thomaslacher, Reginald Covington III, and Rigby Raccoon to name a few. And yes, I do mean few, because there are even more players who have the max DSFL TPE that can be used. This team is the same beast it was last season, but even better. If you were afraid of the Coyotes before, then trust me, you should be INCREDIBLY afraid of them now. Our returning players are in prime form and ready to take what's rightfully there's this season.

CONCLUSION:

I could go on and on about how the Kansas City Coyotes are going to dominate this season, but it's only fair to keep it to three reasons like the Luchadore thread did. Any more reasons and I'd just be rubbing the flex in. Now, the other teams in the DSFL are definitely still commendable as they do put in quite a bit of effort too. It just happens to not be their time, and hopefully once the post-draft excitement calms down, they'll all be able to see that it's time for them to look forward to next season as this current season is pretty much a wrap before it even began. The Coyotes are a dominate team on both sides of the ball with talent oozing everywhere. So, here's to a fun season as we see who can come the closest to having our number.

(2,179 words)

RE: Coyotes draft analysis + Three reasons for why they'll win the S24 Ultimini - Buttersqauch101 - 08-09-2020

Love him or hate him he do be speaking facts tho

RE: Coyotes draft analysis + Three reasons for why they'll win the S24 Ultimini - Cody - 08-09-2020

The Pack is taking home the Ultimini this years. Hells yeah @GlimsTC