International Simulation Football League
Tijuana GM Waiver Abuse Punishment - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: League Office (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Punishments (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=279)
+--- Thread: Tijuana GM Waiver Abuse Punishment (/showthread.php?tid=24989)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Tijuana GM Waiver Abuse Punishment - Colabear - 08-12-2020

After a recent incident where user @Ben was claimed from waivers by Myrtle Beach, ISFL HO conducted an investigation to find whether he had been encouraged to retire by Tijuana leadership.

The investigation was conducted by ISFL HO, as DSFL HO had to recuse themselves due to associations with the teams involved.

No evidence of tampering was found. However there was repeated collusion to abuse the waiver system in the case of Ben and others.

While this is not in the rulebook, it is patently against the spirit of the DSFL, and was cited as a reason for the Myrtle Beach punishment.

As such HO have decided to fine Tijuana GMs (@mithrandir & @SwankyPants31) their pay for the season.

As always both GMs are free to appeal the decision to the new appeallate head, @manicmav36.

RE: Tijuana GM Waiver Abuse Punishment - Memento Mori - 08-12-2020

But I was told Myrtle Beach was in the wrong for claiming Ben on waivers and trading him to Tijuana so that Tijuana couldn’t get away with their plan to get their former GM who plays a sought-after position back on the team without having to spend a high draft pick on him as they would have done otherwise?

RE: Tijuana GM Waiver Abuse Punishment - slothfacekilla - 08-12-2020

This is a.... bizarre decision and I would love to see the evidence of collusion to abuse the waiver system that is "against the spirit of the DSFL." In the end it doesn't matter much but this really is a head scratcher as someone who was in the war room with everything happening.

(08-12-2020, 04:14 PM)Memento Mori Wrote: But I was told Myrtle Beach was in the wrong for claiming Ben on waivers and trading him to Tijuana so that Tijuana couldn’t get away with their plan to get their former GM who plays a sought-after position back on the team without having to spend a high draft pick on him as they would have done otherwise?

As far as I know none of us told him to do anything with his new player.  If someone did tell him to do that then I'll own up to it, but I've been under the impression Ben did what he did because that's what he wanted to do.

RE: Tijuana GM Waiver Abuse Punishment - jeffie43 - 08-12-2020

(08-12-2020, 04:15 PM)slothfacekilla Wrote: As far as I know none of us told him to do anything with his new player.  If someone did tell him to do that then I'll own up to it, but I've been under the impression Ben did what he did because that's what he wanted to do.

I've heard the same thing, hopefully appeals committee can help fix this mistake/misunderstanding

RE: Tijuana GM Waiver Abuse Punishment - White Cornerback - 08-12-2020

ban @Ben

RE: Tijuana GM Waiver Abuse Punishment - Memento Mori - 08-12-2020

(08-12-2020, 04:15 PM)slothfacekilla Wrote:
(08-12-2020, 04:14 PM)Memento Mori Wrote: But I was told Myrtle Beach was in the wrong for claiming Ben on waivers and trading him to Tijuana so that Tijuana couldn’t get away with their plan to get their former GM who plays a sought-after position back on the team without having to spend a high draft pick on him as they would have done otherwise?

As far as I know none of us told him to do anything with his new player.  If someone did tell him to do that then I'll own up to it, but I've been under the impression Ben did what he did because that's what he wanted to do.
Was mostly memeing but if that’s the case I apologise. From my point of view it certainly seemed as if the GMs/war room were complicit (with one GM threatening us that Ben would retire so we couldn’t get any value from the waiver claim/trade, for example) but if Mith and Swanky are innocent then of course Ben should be the one being punished.

RE: Tijuana GM Waiver Abuse Punishment - Ben - 08-12-2020

(08-12-2020, 05:27 PM)Memento Mori Wrote:

Was mostly memeing but if that’s the case I apologise. From my point of view it certainly seemed as if the GMs/war room were complicit (with one GM threatening us that Ben would retire so we couldn’t get any value from the waiver claim/trade, for example) but if Mith and Swanky are innocent then of course Ben should be the one being punished.
Exactly. My bad I shoulda just entered the draft, fuck me. But Mith specifically told me to enter the draft and not do what I did so him getting punished is laughable. And also Myrtle Beach was in the wrong, if we are gunna talk about the spirit of the dsfl claiming someone you know doesn't want to play for your team to trade for someone you passed on 11 times in the draft seems a bit off no? I was never contacted by MB at all to be asked about the situation.
I fucked up yes but so did MB, Mith and Swanky are the ones who tried to fix the situation by going through with the trade against my advice before I had to leave the war room (which is also bullshit but that can wait for another time). I was the one who threatened to retire as well so if a GM said that they were just passing on a message.
The line "repeated collusion to abuse the waiver system in the case of Ben and others" is confusing bc what others?

Just ban me fuck it I'm over this

RE: Tijuana GM Waiver Abuse Punishment - iamslm22 - 08-12-2020

(08-12-2020, 06:01 PM)Ben Wrote:
(08-12-2020, 05:27 PM)Memento Mori Wrote:

Exactly. My bad I shoulda just entered the draft, fuck me. But Mith specifically told me to enter the draft and not do what I did so him getting punished is laughable. And also Myrtle Beach was in the wrong, if we are gunna talk about the spirit of the dsfl claiming someone you know doesn't want to play for your team to trade for someone you passed on 11 times in the draft seems a bit off no? I was never contracted by MB at all to be asked about the situation.
I fucked up yes but so did MB, Mith and Swanky are the ones who tried to fix the situation by going through with the trade against my advice before I had to leave the war room (which is also bullshit but that can wait for another time). I was the one who threatened to retire as well so if a GM said that they were just passing on a message.
The line "repeated collusion to abuse the waiver system in the case of Ben and others" is confusing bc what others?

Just ban me fuck it I'm over this

also fuck MB

RE: Tijuana GM Waiver Abuse Punishment - PaytonM34 - 08-12-2020

Lmao what in the shit , this is weak

RE: Tijuana GM Waiver Abuse Punishment - Rufio_NZ - 08-12-2020

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47qenvcbqh02yaqn1a4n...=giphy.gif]