International Simulation Football League
*Despacito Jr. Makes ISFL Debut for OCO - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Despacito Jr. Makes ISFL Debut for OCO (/showthread.php?tid=25008)

*Despacito Jr. Makes ISFL Debut for OCO - Gwdjohnson - 08-13-2020

(1044 words, ready 2 grade)

Hopes of a bounceback season from a bad campaign in S22 were dashed for Myrtle Beach, as they were knocked out of playoff contention before the final matchday once again, resulting in yet another disappointing year for the S21 champs. None were more disappointed with the season as a whole than S23 offensive captain Garfield Despacito Jr., who wanted to have a massive final season in the DSFL before his inevitable call-up for S24 by Orange County.

"Everything wasn't good enough" Despacito Jr. had to say about his team's woes this season. "There's no excusing us once again finishing this badly, and we really all let ourselves down. I wanted to make a big splash in my last season before going up, especially since they trusted me with captaincy, but I feel like I let the team and myself down. I need to do better, and the team needs to as a whole." Referring to the back room change that saw head general manager scorycory replaced by new young GM Thor, Garfield is optimistic about how the changes could help turn things around for the Buccaneers: "I loved our GM from my time there, but maybe the managerial change for the team will help them out of the recent bad times. I think the team was managed very well by Cory and they developed a great culture, but sometimes a change is just what you need to shake the system a bit and try something else. I'm sure Thor and Andy [Andrew Warren, the new co-gm of Myrtle Beach] will be very capable moving forward for the team".

After a very promising season in S22, Garfield fell short of lofty expectations for his final juniors season, only scoring a single touchdown as a wide receiver of regular usage for the Buccaneers. He also caught fewer passes for fewer total receiving yards compared to last season, but despite the overall bad campaign he is determined to put it behind him and move forward: "Next season is an opportunity for me to bounce back and play as well as I know I can, Orange County is going to be like a new chapter for me and I want to get off to the best start I can there."

Already playing in Orange County with two good friends associated to Myrtle Beach in stars Kacey Dream and Prince Vegeta, Despacito Jr. gets to enjoy more intertwining between his two teams thanks to the Otters' S24 draft class, which included three Buccaneer rookies in quarterback Joseph Joestar, tight end Ne Mo, and defensive back Grummy Bear. All three are players Despacito Jr. got along with well in the locker room in Myrtle Beach, and he is looking forward to the opportunity to play with them: "I was just laughing when we took Fishy [Ne Mo] in round two after taking Joe [Joseph Joestar] first round. I had a feeling that Prince [Vegeta] was going to put in a good word for these guys behind the scenes but it's just great that we actually took them. Grummy [Bear] is a great guy too and I'm happy we took a late flyer on him. Chad [Simpson, 4th round OCO pick] is another guy I know and get along well with, so I'm happy we drafted him too. These guys are all talented players and great dudes so I'm sure OCO will be much better off for drafting them".

When asked how he reflects on his time with Myrtle Beach, Despacito Jr. had a long and appreciative answer to give: "I could not have been happier with who I played for in the DSFL, truly. I already had connections in the locker room in Myrtle Beach before I was drafted there, but I really started enjoying the game when I ended up there in the draft, and the locker room is full of great guys, plus management is always hungry for success and setting a high bar for people to reach. Winning the Ultimini in season 21 was a crazy experience, and even though I was just a rookie who wasn't involved much that season, the celebrations after the win were awesome. Playing in a bigger role there for my last two seasons was an honour, and even though I think I could've done more, I enjoyed playing there very much, and I'm very sad to be leaving them now. Myrtle Beach Best Beach!"

With his thoughts on leaving the DSFL out on the table, Despacito Jr. was asked about his thoughts on being up playing for Orange County this season: "Even though I'm sad about not being able to play in Myrtle Beach anymore, I'm really excited to finally be playing for Orange County after all this time being in their system. I wanted to play for these guys so badly when I was going into the draft in S22 and celebrated a bunch when my name came up in orange on the draft board. They have a great group of guys in the locker room and management team, and like it was said before I already know a bunch of guys on their team so I shouldn't have too much trouble adjusting. I've already talked with Hugh [Mongo, OCO wide receiver] and I'm really excited to be spending a season under his wing before he retires because he's a fantastic player and a real role model kind of guy. I had already discussed my role going into this season and I don't expect to be too important to the team right away, since I've started off only making three catches in two games, but I'll contribute in any way I'll be able to and hopefully be able to replace Hugh when he retires."

A late pick in both the DSFL for the Myrtle Beach Buccaneers and in the ISFL for the Orange County Otters, Garfield Despacito Jr. has made the most of rather low expectations for his career, and we will see in this coming season if he can surprise people in the big leagues as well. So far he has just 3 receptions for 35 yards in two games for Orange County, as he settles in to the higher pace and higher standard football of the pro leagues.

RE: Despacito Jr. Makes ISFL Debut for OCO - Billybolo53 - 08-13-2020

BBB BBB BBB

making your father proud

RE: Despacito Jr. Makes ISFL Debut for OCO - Briedaqueduc - 08-13-2020

[Image: 738402470753206422.gif?v=1]