International Simulation Football League
(S24) - PT 2 - Rising Stocks - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S24) - PT 2 - Rising Stocks (/showthread.php?tid=25067)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

(S24) - PT 2 - Rising Stocks - Baron1898 - 08-17-2020

(S24) - PT 2 - Rising Stocks

Complete the weekly Point Task to earn 3 TPE! All written responses must be at least 200 words. All graphic responses must show at least some effort.

Do not claim this TPE until it has been graded and posted to the S24 claim thread.

Written and graphic responses must be posted solely in this thread and not for additional media credit.
Also, if you try to build your word count by being super repetitive and rambling on, you will not get full credit.

We’ve had a number of incidences involving PT plagiarism. If you are caught stealing someone else’s work, you will be punished as HO sees fit, including the potential loss of TPE or money. Do your own work please.

This task is due next Sunday, August 23rd, at 11:59 EDT. Have fun and get writing!

Written Option: After four weeks of league action (and one week of the league down under), some teams’ stocks are flying high while others have been driven low unexpectedly. In 200 words, discuss a particular team or player and demonstrate how their hypothetical stock has risen or fallen since the start of the season. Is the team facing unexpected issues or a flurry of success? Has the player regressed unexpectedly on the field or have they taken a step forward?

Graphic Option: Demonstrate how a particular team or player has improved or taken a step back since their last season.

As always, you can link your affiliate PT:
SHL;
GOMHL;
PBE.

RE: (S24) - PT 2 - Rising Stocks - slothfacekilla - 08-17-2020

SHL PT

RE: (S24) - PT 2 - Rising Stocks - Faded - 08-17-2020

If you want to invest in a long term project, in an individual who will make you a lot, and I mean a lot of (like at least 2) money, then put your time and effort into me. Nicholas Ayers, Running Back of the Honolulu Hahalua. If not already, I have proven that I can make plays on the field. My first 4 weeks in the pros have already put me on the map for a couple of awards. Offensive Rookie of the Year is defiantly on the board for me, as I am one of the best performing rookies in the ISFL right now. Like honesty, Petrongolo? He is mid-tier when it comes to Running Backs currently in the ISFL. Me on the other hand? Well, uh. I'm mid-tier as well, BUT, I have made plays on the field that he hasn't. in the last games, I have gotten the ball in the end zone twice on both offensive mediums; in the air, and on the ground. It doesn't take a theoretical physicist to know that those are some good stats. 

Alright, let's wrap things up. I am VERY worthy of being invested in, as the stats don't lie, and my future in this league is shining bright. I just hope I get protected from this expansion draft. Please.

RE: (S24) - PT 2 - Rising Stocks - BenDover - 08-17-2020

PBE Affiliate PT

RE: (S24) - PT 2 - Rising Stocks - Rusfan - 08-17-2020

Sarasota had little buzz coming into this season, and for decent reason. Yellowknife was the defending champ, Colorado and Orange County had hype like they do every year, and New Orleans was right behind them. With all those teams taking up the limelight, and Philly being hyped as a big finisher by some, there wasn't much room for a conversation about the team from Florida. 7 weeks into the season however, this very same squad holds a 6-1 record, best in the NSFC and the league as a whole. Sarasota is suddenly the most popular topic in the town, and is No.1 on most power rankings. Chicago may be the most invested squad in the stock market, but Sarasota has the biggest percentage rise out of all the teams. The defense is largely to thank for this sudden success, with the best points allowed average in the entire league, at just under 14 points per game. Dexter Banks III has also taken a massive, MVP step forward in his play leading perhaps the best offense in the league with the best passing offense in the league. The back-half of the season promises to be interesting no matter what, but if I was a betting man, I wouldn't go against the Sailfish.

RE: (S24) - PT 2 - Rising Stocks - ValorX77 - 08-17-2020

PBE PT

RE: (S24) - PT 2 - Rising Stocks - Billybolo53 - 08-17-2020

PBE PT

RE: (S24) - PT 2 - Rising Stocks - Tylar - 08-17-2020

SHL Affiliate PT

RE: (S24) - PT 2 - Rising Stocks - Drizzy - 08-17-2020

SHL PT (username is dankoa)

RE: (S24) - PT 2 - Rising Stocks - LancedJack - 08-17-2020

Somewhat the darlings of the pre season, with a great draft and enough stock invested in them to short wall street, the Chicago Butchers should have come out of the blocks like a man with his hair on fire. That's not to say they've performed poorly, that would be a hard stance to take with their opponents thus far being far from weaklings. However with one win and three losses to their name it's hard to point to the Butchers as having taken significant steps forward from their performance last season. At 1-3 you could hope they get better. For this beleaguered fan base, however, it would appear to be more of the same. With the dreaded E word on the horizon as well what will bode for the stocks of the Butchers? Even player protection might not be enough to stop the big short. A 3-13 record last season saw their stocks at the cheapest available from all of the teams in the ISFL. At current projections that would leave them at 4-12. Is that enough to justify a surge in prices? I somewhat doubt it. Until such time as the team is posting wins on a regular basis it'll be hard for their stock to be anything more than fools gold, or a massive money fire.