International Simulation Football League
(S24) - PT 2 - Rising Stocks - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S24) - PT 2 - Rising Stocks (/showthread.php?tid=25067)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: (S24) - PT 2 - Rising Stocks - AdamS - 08-19-2020

pbe pt

RE: (S24) - PT 2 - Rising Stocks - .simo - 08-19-2020

PBE PT

RE: (S24) - PT 2 - Rising Stocks - TheCC - 08-19-2020

The Chicago Butchers came into the season at rock bottom. The Butchers have been in last place for two seasons in a row. If you’ve seen Ithica Hawk’s ISFL ELO system, you’ll know that the Butchers are far and away at the bottom of the pack. Somehow, someway, the Butchers actually came into this season riding high. We had a solid end of the season run last season. We picked up Juan Domine (or Mag), who is a superstar on and off the field. A lot of people thought that the Butchers actually had a good shot at fighting for a playoff spot this season. So I’d say that because of that, the stock was actually starting to rise over the last offseason. We are unfortunately off to a 1-4 start, though. We obviously beat the Philly Liberty, because they are cursed. That was nice, considering that they are our biggest rival, and it was just nice to finally see a number other than zero in the win column. The games have been close, which makes them hurt even more. I think everyone is starting to think, “Oh, well duh. We should have known.” But we haven’t given up yet. We want to see progress. We haven’t tested horribly. It could just be bad luck. Whatever it is, we are going to try to figure it out!

(227 words)

RE: (S24) - PT 2 - Rising Stocks - jzajenius36 - 08-19-2020

As a rookie member of the league and the Portland Pythons, I wasn’t really sure what to expect.  Based on conversations being had in the locker room, it seemed like the Pythons had a rough go of it last year, yet expectations and excitement were high in the preseason and going in to week 1.  Based on the hype I was seeing from teammates, I was certain we were going to be a problem for other teams from the jump, and in my mind our stock was quite high.  Unfortunately a few issues became prevalent from the get-go.  Python stock has since dropped and then stabilized since then.

However, for a few individual players, some stocks are already climbing back up.  For starters, my defensive line-mate, Angelo Cirelli, made some errors to his update page going into weeks 1-2.  Cirelli, who is very active, had earned a good amount of TPE, and brought a ton of enthusiasm, failed to properly update his player page with links to earned TPE, so his player attributes were dropped to preseason levels while it was sorted out.  This resulted in a much depreciated ability of our defensive line.  While this has since been sorted out, this issue surfaced in the early parts of the season as lack of QB pressure and big running game performances by a few teams hamstrung our team’s overall performance.  Cirelli’s stock should be on the rise bigtime as all those TPE points are getting pumped back in and his presence should be felt immediately.  Another stock riser is our drafted tight end, Darren Pama, who has since been switched to RB.  While Pama is a huge money and TPE earner, it took a bit to get his player up and running.  His most recent performance should be indicative of what’s to come for him as he finished just shy of 100 yards.  The Pythons will need him to perform with so much team emphasis placed on the running game.

Overall it’s been a lukewarm start for the Pythons, but doesn’t that mean now is the time to buy???

(349 words)

RE: (S24) - PT 2 - Rising Stocks - deadlunatic - 08-19-2020

Rising stocks is an easy thing to talk about. The Tijuana Luchadores are easily the hottest team in the DSFL right now. They have the leading rushing attack with some big ole meaty offensive lineman throwing the other teams about. The two ton combo of Mills and Theeks are the fourth and fifth ranked running backs in a true committee backfield. Yea I know you could argue that Norfolk has the better backfield, but you are wrong. We have a top ranked quarterback who is starting to get back into his rhythm and really showing what he can do on the field. Then you have the wide receiver trio in Howlett, Vequain, and Walker going off. Howlett and Vequain are maxed out ballers just waiting to carve up opposing defensive backs on any team. Walker is the up and coming rookie out of Baylor, it has taken him a couple weeks to get into his groove out of the slot position, but things are only looking up for him. Then we got Woodhead at tight end out there throwing blocks and making some key catches on important plays to keep us moving forwards.

Now on to that defense that was absolutely dominant in the first two games. They started hot in the third game and Kansas City came out gunning. They still did everything they could. Turns out that home field advantage makes a difference in the second game of a back to back. The defense is leading the league with ten sacks in three weeks and tied for second most tackles for loss. They also forced two fumbles and recovered one, and managed to get three interceptions. The defense is no joke. They are just waiting to get at any and call quarterbacks they face. I think they may have some mental instabilities, but honestly that makes for some great defensive players.

They are the team to watch and the one opposing quarterbacks should fear the most.

RE: (S24) - PT 2 - Rising Stocks - ajtigger - 08-19-2020

After a 2-2 finish to the preseason, culminating with a 44 - 17 drumming of the Arizona Outlaws; the Philadelphia Liberty are my choice for the biggest drop in stock in the ISFL. While not many had title aspirations for this team, no one saw them being 0 - 5 at this point of the season. With the worst ranked defense in terms of PPG in the league things are not looking up for the Liberty either. They are being pounded on the ground for over 150 yards a game while still giving up over 230 yards in the air as well. Combine this poor defensive performance with the anemic offense (16 PPG) and you have the perfect recipe for the disaster of a season for the Liberty. Now I personally believe this team can turn it around and a few more defensive stops will help this team get themselves out of the proverbial basement but it may be to little to late for a playoff push. The last game against the defending champions, Colorado Yeti, showed the Liberty still have some fight in them so it may be time to buy into Liberty stock. The stock is at an all time low, but I do see the price recovering as we progress through the season.

RE: (S24) - PT 2 - Rising Stocks - retrospace111 - 08-19-2020

The Outlaws are one of the biggest surprises of the season. Many pegged this team to be a top contender in the ASFC, but they started out 2-3, with a large chance to go 2-4 with an upcoming road game against YKW. This team is not in a good position as of now, but how did it get to this? Some could blame the defense, which took a step back, but I look to Jay Cue. The star QB is having a terrible year, throwing interceptions left and right. Some might attribute it to the loss of their star runningback, Baby Yoda, who left in free agency to go to the Butchers. I don't think it matters that much. I think Cue just isn't playing as well. The defense isn't doing as good either, which is weird because they only had one player regressing, and everyone else has just been earning and getting better. Many Arizona players think they just have bad luck and that it is going to get better. I think that the league is underestimating what we are going to do. I think we can really put up a show the next couple of games. This will definitely be motivation for Cue, so watch out, rest of the league.

RE: (S24) - PT 2 - Rising Stocks - Cincyfan96 - 08-19-2020

While the obvious pick here in my mind is the Sarasota Sailfish and their insane and unpredictable now 5-0 start, I would prefer to be far more self-centered and egotistical so I'm going to talk about the quick start of the season for Adam Schell in the DSFL. After ending last season with 89 tackles and 4 sacks, Schell is currently on pace for 135 tackles and 14 sacks in his second year in the DSFL. He is constantly in the backfield this season, as opposing quarterbacks have been forced to scramble and throw the ball away often as a result of his hustle and increased strength after an offseason consisting of hard workouts and training which are clearly paying off. Practically every run coming to his side of the field is being stopped for 3 or less yards, making it difficult for teams to evenly spread out their offense. While a step up was expected of Schell this season, this has been a huge leap as he is pacing the league for sacks as well as one tackle off of Chainbreaker's lead on the league. If the early season is any indicator, Schell and Chainbreaker may be in a race of their own for LBOTY and perhaps even DPOY in the DSFL. It is certainly going to be interesting to watch just how much of an impact this sophomore can have on the league this season. If the early part of the year has been any indicator, he could be a big factor in the way this year plays out.

RE: (S24) - PT 2 - Rising Stocks - Number 82 - 08-19-2020

Entering Season 24, the Chicago Butchers were coming off an offseason which saw them acquire more talent via free agency, trade and the draft while also securing extensions for some of their players who's contacts were set to expire at season's end. Chicago looked too have put themselves in a position to make some noise in Season 24. Season 22 and 23 weren't particularly successful for the franchise which had a less than stellar reputation. While Season 23 wasn't all that successful on the field, Chicago did garner some attention on awards night. Although their GMs didn't win the GMotY award, their efforts in building a foundation of the team was noted by the Awards Ceremony hosts.

During the offseason, Chicago made some waves in signing talented running back Baby Yoda from Arizona and Yellowknife's wideout Bender B. Rodriguez to deals with the team. Yoda would join Julio Tirtawidjaja to form a solid young backfield tandem while Rodriguez would partner the talented Sean O'Leary at receiver which is arguably one of the strongest wideout combinations in the league. Chicago would also trade for Daymond Brooks, a wide receiver who would then transition to Defensive Tackle to fill a positional need for the team. While they are a young team whose window isn't necessarily now, these moves did raise the expectations over how the team would perform this season. Coupled with the positive sentiment towards how their GMs have handled the past 2 seasons, their stock was on the rise.

Quite a number of people saw Chicago making the playoffs with a number of predictions having the Butchers as the second best team in the NSFC. 5 games into the season, Chicago sit second last in the NSFC with a 1-4 record. This certainly wasn't the start to the season that many were expecting judging from the season predictions thread. In that regard, Chicago has performed below expectations thru the first 5 games of the season and their stock is quite low at this moment in time. It's a long season and who knows, maybe they'll finish strong and perhaps this is just a symptom of a tough opening schedule but at this moment in time their stock is certainly lower than it was prior to the season opener in which many had them pegged for a playoff spot. Perhaps a good buy low candidate?

Code:
394 words

RE: (S24) - PT 2 - Rising Stocks - Huskies311 - 08-19-2020

PBE PT