International Simulation Football League
*DSFL - Power Rankings Week 2, 3 & 4 - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *DSFL - Power Rankings Week 2, 3 & 4 (/showthread.php?tid=25121)

*DSFL - Power Rankings Week 2, 3 & 4 - Cody - 08-21-2020

DSFL  – Power Rankings Week 2,3 & 4

*Denotes previous week rankings

08) Dallas Birddogs (1-3)

Week 2 Result – Win against Kansas City Coyotes: 24-21
Week 3 Result – Loss against Norfolk Seawolves: 37-17
Week 4 Result – Loss against London Royals: 31-0

*Week 2 Ranking: 6th
*Week 3 Ranking: 7th

After a close win against Kansas City in week Week 2 the Birddogs have looked lackluster in Weeks 3 & 4. They put up a fight against Norfolk before letting the game slip away. After a lot of hype going into the game against London the team fell incredibly flat getting shut out 31-0. This team looks destined for a Top 3 pick in the draft.

07) Kansas City Coyotes (1-3)

Week 2 Result – Loss against Dallas Birddogs: 24-21
Week 3 Result – Win against Tijuana Luchadores: 41-35
Week 4 Result – Loss against Portland Pythons: 38-24

*Week 2 Ranking: 7th
*Week 3 Ranking: 4th

This team keeps letting games slip through their fingers. The turnover game is crushing them. After a close loss to Dallas, the Coyotes looked dead in the water against Tijuana but had an amazing second half comeback to garner the win in overtime. KC kept pace with Portland for the first half and then the turnovers in the second half sealed their fate. This team has a tough couple weeks coming up at Norfolk and at Minnesota. This team is going to fight Dallas for that top pick in the S25 draft.

06) London Royals (2-2)

Week 2 Result – Loss against Portland Pythons: 23-10
Week 3 Result – Loss against Myrtle Beach Buccaneers: 13-0
Week 4 Result – Win against Dallas Birddogs: 31-0

*Week 2 Ranking: 5th
*Week 3 Ranking: 8th

The Royals had a rough go of it in Weeks 2 and 3. Only being able to muster up 10 points against Portland and being shutout by Myrtle Beach in Week 3 losing 13-0. They fell hard to the bottom of the Power Rankings and were getting ripped on social media, especially by Dallas. They used that as motivation though in Week 4 as they came in and beat up on Dallas shutting them down on both sides of the ball and winning 31-0. The team has a tough next two weeks at Tijuana and home against Norfolk. If they can come out of that 1-1 that’s a win in my book.

05) Portland Pythons (2-2)

Week 2 Result – Win against London Royals: 23-10
Week 3 Result – Loss against Minnesota Grey Ducks: 19-15
Week 4 Result – Win against Kansas City Coyotes: 38-24

*Week 2 Ranking: 4th
*Week 3 Ranking: 6th

Portland was very close to starting off the season 3-1 with a close week 2 loss against Minnesota. The team has been playing well and it really showed in their Week 4 domination of Kansas City. Offense, Defense & Special Teams all contributed in a 38-24 win that was much more lopsided than the final score. This is definitely a team to watch in the next few weeks and have a really good chance to separate themselves in the North division.

04) Tijuana Luchadores (2-2)

Week 2 Result – Win against Myrtle Beach Buccaneers: 22-6
Week 3 Result – Loss against Kansas City Coyotes: 41-35
Week 4 Result – Loss against Minnesota Grey Ducks: 30-25

*Week 2 Ranking: 1st
*Week 3 Ranking: 3rd

Even though Tijuana is on a two game losing streak this team is still ranking high as their losses were in OT against KC and by 5 against Minnesota. The team absolutely crushed the Buccaneers in Week 2. This is a good team and I expect them to win their next two games to be 4-2 before they take on the top dog in Norfolk in Week 7. If the defense can get back to pressuring the QB as much as they did in Weeks 1 and 2 watch out.

03) Minnesota Grey Ducks (2-2)

Week 2 Result – Loss against Norfolk Seawovles: 20-0
Week 3 Result – Win against Portland Pythons: 19-15
Week 4 Result – Win against Tijuana Luchadores: 30-25

*Week 2 Ranking: 8th
*Week 3 Ranking: 5th

The hottest team in the league at the moment. After a blowout loss to Norfolk in Week 2 20-0, this team contained Portland in Week 3 19-15 and brough it against Tijuana in Week 4 30-25. This team has very winnable games in their next two weeks at Dallas and against Kansas City. They’re going to be battling Portland for that top spot in the North but I expect them to be 4-2 easily. Both sides of the ball are rolling and don’t appear to be slowing down anytime soon.

02) Myrtle Beach Buccaneers (2-2)

Week 2 Result – Loss against Tijuana Luchadores: 22-6
Week 3 Result – Win against London Royals: 13-0
Week 4 Result – Loss against Norfolk Seawolves: 44-21

*Week 2 Ranking: 3rd
*Week 3 Ranking: 2nd

I reluctantly have Myrtle Beach at 2 on the rankings. They got blown out in their last game against Norfolk but when your only losses are against a good Tijuana team and the best team in the league you’re doing well. We’ll be able to tell a little bit more about this team in their next few games an I expect their ranking to shift a little bit. This is a solid team if they can get the offense rolling again they should be able to reel off a couple wins. They’ve got a couple home games in a row so I like them going 2-0 in those games.

01) Norfolk Seawolves (4-0)

Week 2 Result – Win against Minnesota Grey Ducks: 20-0
Week 3 Result – Win against Dallas Birddogs: 37-17
Week 4 Result – Win against Myrtle Beach Buccaneers: 44-21

*Week 2 Ranking: 2nd
*Week 3 Ranking: 1st

The lone undefeated team. Norfolk has been handily winning this season. Their closest game being a week 1 win against Portland by 14 points. Otherwise their margin of victory have been 20, 20 & 23. They’ve been dominate on defense as well only giving up 55 points through 4 games. This team is a lock to win against Kansas City in Week 5 and dependent on which London team shows up in Week 6 this team looks destined to start 6-0.

RE: DSFL - Power Rankings Week 2, 3 & 4 - Arkz - 08-21-2020

Portland too low!

But good content nonetheless.

RE: DSFL - Power Rankings Week 2, 3 & 4 - Cody - 08-21-2020

(08-21-2020, 10:26 AM)Arkz Wrote: Portland too low!

But good content nonetheless.

It's so hard with so many 2-2 teams and all of them have had blowout wins/losses and closes games. I'm really hoping for some separation after Weeks 5 & 6 haha

RE: DSFL - Power Rankings Week 2, 3 & 4 - slate - 08-21-2020

Really good writeup! It's definitely a tough league to make power rankings for right now but I think you make pretty good arguments for each placing.

I find it interesting that the playoff teams from last season are ranked 8th, 7th, 6th, and 1st.