International Simulation Football League
*DSFL All Purpose Yards - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *DSFL All Purpose Yards (/showthread.php?tid=25145)

*DSFL All Purpose Yards - Vainknight13 - 08-22-2020

DSFL APY

Hey this article is about current DSFL league leaders in All Purpose Yards. I figured not only would this allow me to highlight myself a little bit as I am very prone to doing, but some of the other players in the league that have some really good numbers. I'm not sure if anyone has done this before but I got really interested in it based off a bit of narcissism and a little envy to be completely honest.

I figure before I go into the top five it would be best to talk about methods however simple they may be. For these statistics I am purely basing it on Rushing, Receiving, Kick Returns and Punt Returns. I really wanted to give the handful of defensive players a fair shake so I tried to look for a tracker on interception return yards and fumble return yards, but I couldn't find anything and out of pure laziness and a little bit of lack of free time this week I didn't want to watch the games or look through the play-by-play for each game, but considering that no defensive player currently has over two interceptions, even if they both went for ninety nine yards it would fall short of my top five, just based on each players ststatistics through either receiving or rushing, although a few safeties and cornerbacks put up great numbers in the return game, something that so far Tijuana and Norfolk seem to be the main teams using defenders in this role. Maybe Norfolk is onto something there, with their not at all surprising four wins to start the season. Myrtle Beach and Kansas City have also used a defensive player in the return game to varying success but not as prolifically as the other two teams, I feel like I should also mention Dallas tried it exactly once with zero yardage there.

I would also like to make a special note about three running backs in the league who did not make the list. With huge numbers on the ground they were very close to making the list and if I had done a top ten instead of a top five they would all either be on it or very close. The two running backs from Norkfolk Captain Roger's and Quanter Skrills both had over four hundred yards on the ground and both participated in the receiving game giving them around five hundred all purpose yards. If they had been involved in the return game they may have topped the list. Also Zoe Watts is a notable player she came in at number six overall in my bot well researched less than top five overall section with five hundred fifty six all purpose yards. Great representation for their teams!

So without further ado we will jump into number five.

Number five Taro Raimon: (567 APY)
Taro Raimon is a second year wide receiver out of Dallas. He has got fairly good numbers across the board, two hundred and thirteen receiving yard, two hundred sixty one kick return yards and ninety three punt return yards. I'll be honest I'm only fifty percent sure he is number five, I could have done way more research but I am definitely sure of one through four.

Raimon with sixteen catches and a long of thirty-six made this list with a strong showing spread across three statistics. He is the top receiver in yards out of Dallas, and their main kick returner. He also backed up his showing with a huge sixty three yard punt return that gives him some of the best punt return yardage in the league. He is currently in fourth place for punt return yard and third place for kick return yards, I expect to see more of the same going forward.

Number four Korbin Brown: (608 APY)
Korbin Brown is a second year wide receiver out of Portland. Also the first of the players over the six hundred yard mark, where the distance between other players really starts to become readily apparent. Korbin Brown leads all kick returneds with three hundred and eighteen kick return yards, primarily due to an absolutely monstrous ninety eight yard kick return for a touchdown, without any further studying I believe this is so far the longest play of the season. He is middle of the pack on punt returns with fifty seven yards, but backs that up with a good showing in the receiving game. Currently eight on the list with two hundred and thirty three yards through the air. Great showing for number four.

Number three Joshua Campbell: (615 APY)
Joshua Campbell has a pretty good showing across the board, although is a relative outlier compared the rest of the top five. He is only number nine in kick return yards, making him the only player  in the top five to not also be in the top five in the kick return game. He makes up for that however by being number one in the punt return game with one hundred and thirty four yards. He got that done mainly with one eighty eight yard return for a touchdown. He also got on the list by being current number four in receiving yards. He accomplished this by having the longest reception so far this year at fifty five yards adding up for a grand total of three hundred and three yards altogether in the receiving game. He currently is top wide receiver for all purpose yardage, congratulations to him.

Number two Jameson Vermillion: (637 APY)
Here we get to the inspiration for this article, me. A little bummed about the lack of major production over a couple weeks in the rushing game,there was a huge explosion in the kick return game to the tune of one hundred fifty six kick return yards in the game against Tijuana, that definitely helped the team pick up our second win. Of course I would love to lead the league in every imaginable statistic, but being a part of the team and contributing across multiple phases of the game has been a lot more rewarding than I had imagined. Now back to the typical write up.

Jameson Vermillion is the only rookie in the top five. Also the first of two running backs. He has at least some stats across the board, with twenty five receiving yards and twenty five punt return yards to back up his second overall kick return yards. With two hundred ninety five yards kick return yards and a long of seventy three that actually didn't go for a touchdown he  has the stats to make a strong showing as an explosive returner. He backs all of that up with his main rushing statistic having two hundred ninety two yards, good for seventh overall in the league, as a rookie the exciting thing is he has the most room for improvement in the top five.

Number one 3' Jeffrey: (673 APY)
As the current league leader in all purpose yardage he gets the distinction of being the only player to get there primarily through his main role. With an exciting three hundred and eighty three rushing yards good for third overall in the league it isn't hard to see how he got to the number one spot. He has a strong showing in the return game as well with two hundred thirty six yards in the kick returning section and fifty four yards in the punt return section. I would like to point out he had a reception for zero yards, just something that made me laugh considering the otherwise excellent numbers. Still, a well deserved leader in all purpose yardage!