International Simulation Football League
*Dimbi Debuts - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Dimbi Debuts (/showthread.php?tid=25151)

*Dimbi Debuts - Tylar - 08-22-2020

Dimbi Debuts

Tonight Timmy Dimbi is expected to make his Developmental Simulation Football League debut against the Minnesota Grey Ducks in a week four matchup. The Luchadores are 2-1 and the Grey Ducks are sitting at 1-2 on the season so far. Dimbi will be making his debut behind starter Vance Slattery. He is expected to play in the nickel formation alongside Slattery and will be on the bench most of the game. Dimbi will be slowly rotated in as he adjusts to his new surroundings and a new playbook for now. The Luchadores have been having early season success thus far into their season and their defensive line looks good so there is no real rush to makes changes right now. As of now, Slattery has a stranglehold on the starting role but Dimbi can earn some more reps as the season goes on.

“Honestly, I am fine with rotating in. I will try and learn from all the guys especially Vance. Vance is a rookie as well but he has more experience than me so I will try and learn from him as much as possible. I am still getting to know him a bit and hopefully, we will become friends soon. I think we could be good friends. I am going to just continue to work hard and hope I get some more chances down the line which I believe I will. I do not expect to come in and be given even equal opportunity. I want to earn it and deserve it. I am pretty pumped to get into the lineup and start playing. I have spent a few days just studying and getting into game shape. I have learned a lot and feel confident in being able to play. I want to go out there and battle and prove myself. I just want to go out there and play my game and battle hard. I am going to try not to screw up though. My goal is to do the best I can and whenever I am on the field make the other team’s offensive lineman work and try to strike fear into their quarterback. I am excited to finally lay my hands on some opponents instead of teammates".

[Image: Washington-Redskins-v-Carolina-Panthers-...21ec4e.jpg]

So far Dimbi has been having a good time with his teammates and learning. He has even made a few friends in the locker room. The Luchadores are an active bunch and love to just sit around and chat about random things. So far Dimbi has kind of sat back but as time goes on he will likely engage more in the conversations in the locker room.

The team has been great too so far and welcoming. I feel like I am a part of the team and get along well with everyone. So far I have made a few friends specifically NationalSimulation FootballLeague. He is a pretty cool guy, although he is kind of weird. I know he is kind of mean though sometimes but I have learned to ignore it. I have gotten to also know most of the defensive guys like Wrecks, Isaac, Schell, Wright, Sabor, Tate, Triplet, Alexander-Arnold, Bowie, Engine, and Gillion. They are all pretty cool. We spend most of our time training together on the field and in the film room so eventually I will get to know each one of them individually. I know our defensive line is pretty talented and well known in the league so it is cool to be a part of a group like this. The next step will be getting to know the players from the offense since they are the ones who mostly put points on the board for us."

Timmy Dimbi made his Developmental Simulation Football League debut and was able to record 3 tackles in his limited action. The Tijuana Luchadores lost 25-30 in a spirited game at Minnesota’s home field. Home field advantage defiantly played a role in the game with the Luchadores running out of time at the end of the game to make a come back. While the loss is disappointing the Tijuana Luchadores can take pride in the fact their last two losses were games away from home and were extremely close games that could have gone either way. After the game Timmy Dimbi had this to say:

“When I was standing in the tunnel getting ready to head onto the field I was getting nervous. The defensive coordinator came and had a quick chat with me and told me to just enjoy myself and play my game. I know the college football environment is pretty intimidating but this felt different. It was kind of scary being in a professional game, my first ever professional football game. I kind of had to shake my head to make sure it was real. But after the opening snap, I was in game mode. When I got called in I was so pumped. It was fun to get into the game. I was kind of nervous at the beginning but as I got my first snap I got straight into battle mode. I got my hands on the offensive line and I was in battle mode. Overall, I am happy with how I played considering it was my first game. I managed to make a couple plays. It sucks that we lost, but overall I thought we battled hard. Unfortunately, a couple things did not go our way but overall I thought it was encouraging. Winning away seems tough so the fact the game was close and we battled it out till the end is a sign of things to come.”

[Image: matt-i.jpg?resize=501%2C300&ssl=1]

With one game under his belt, Timmy Dimbi still has a lot of work left to do. Now that Dimbi has a taste of what Developmental Simulation Football League games are like, Dimbi is going to start preparing for week 5. He now knows what he needs to do and what he has to work on to become successful and get on the scouting radar for National Simulation Football League teams radars.

Code:
1010 Words

RE: *Dimbi Debuts - Ben - 08-30-2020

TIJ TIJ TIJ