International Simulation Football League
(S24) - PT 3 - Midseason Mania - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S24) - PT 3 - Midseason Mania (/showthread.php?tid=25165)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

(S24) - PT 3 - Midseason Mania - Baron1898 - 08-24-2020

(S24) - PT 3 - Midseason Mania

Complete the weekly Point Task to earn 3 TPE! All written responses must be at least 200 words. All graphic responses must show at least some effort.

Do not claim this TPE until it has been graded and posted to the S24 claim thread.

Written and graphic responses must be posted solely in this thread and not for additional media credit.
Also, if you try to build your word count by being super repetitive and rambling on, you will not get full credit.

We’ve had a number of incidences involving PT plagiarism. If you are caught stealing someone else’s work, you will be punished as HO sees fit, including the potential loss of TPE or money. Do your own work please.

This task is due next Sunday, August 30th, at 11:59 EDT. Have fun and get writing!

Written Option: S24 is nearly halfway over, and that means that the races for award season have begun in earnest. In 200 words or more, describe one or more players on your team (which can include yourself) and why you think that they are currently in contention for a particular award. Are their stats on pace to break records, or are they simply leading the pack? Is their efficiency or volume noteworthy? Would they possibly contend for one of the major awards as well?

Graphic Option: Show how one player stacks favorably against the field for winning a particular award.

As always, you can link your affiliate PT:
SHL;
GOMHL;
PBE.

RE: (S24) - PT 3 - Midseason Mania - Faded - 08-24-2020

ph

RE: (S24) - PT 3 - Midseason Mania - Eldorian - 08-24-2020

PBE PT

RE: (S24) - PT 3 - Midseason Mania - IsaStarcrossed - 08-24-2020

After a quick glance through the Yeti roster, the only player I can say I genuinely feel like is solidly in the race for an award is Thor Kirkby. I think with a couple more clutch games, Kirkby could be looking at winning safety of the year. Kirkby is currently sitting 41 tackles, 2 forced fumbles, an interception, 7 sacks, three pass deflections, a safety, and a defensive touchdown. Lets look a the safety and the touchdown alone. Between the two that is 9 points, which currently makes him the highest scoring defensive player in the league. He is also the only defensive player to have scored twice this season. More than that, he is currently on pace to lead the league in forced turnovers. He is sitting at three total right now and the lead league is at four. He is also currently in second place in sacks as a defensive back. He has more sacks than any defensive lineman or linebacker in the entire league, which is huge for Kirkby. He doesn't have many stats in the passing game with his pass deflections overall low, but he also doesn't have many tackles compared to others of his position. What this tells me is that Kirkby isn't allowing many passes as he isn't having to chase down receivers and tackle them. He is being given limited chances and is making the most of the chances he is given. He's started off with an explosive season and I hope to see it continue.

RE: (S24) - PT 3 - Midseason Mania - 124715 - 08-24-2020

I was checking the stats to find a player on my team to write about, I really was. There's Brock Phoenix, who is last in the league by TD passes, behind 5 rookies. But that's not really his fault, because his best receiver is Randy Vuxta who is 15th in yards and is hogging all the touchdowns with 40% of them. There's also Flash Panda, I guess, who hasn't caught 20 passes in 7 games. And then there's Philly legend Nacho Varga who is so old he's barely able to walk (or catch, apparently). Well, I'm sure they have someone that runs the ball well, right? There's that Torenson guy, who has a passable YPC and almost 500 yards ...in 7 games. So I guess if the world gets flipped upside down, Torenson will win RBotY. He's only a cool 250 yards behind Hanyadi.

Well, it can't be all bad right? No, it really is all bad. We are last in the league in PDs and on pace to total only 46 throughout the entire 16-game season. 46 is so few PDs that no team has ever tallied so few since S1 when all CBs were 150 TPE. And seasons 2 through 21 all had 13 or 14 games! So don't hold your breath on any secondary awards. And we're also last in sacks, so don't count on that either.

And if you want to talk about being in contention for actually winning, well, Colby Jack is a lock for the offensive rookie of the year award. I guess.

Quote:259

RE: (S24) - PT 3 - Midseason Mania - SchwarzNarr - 08-24-2020

Looking at awards it’s very clear that Melvin Murder-Moose is on pace to become one of the greatest kickers of all time. With the way Norfolk is currently playing and scoring, Melvin is on pace to break the all time extra points attempted and extra points made for a DSFL season. Additionally, Melvin should be considered for Punter of the Year. Currently Melvin is averaging 47.6 yards per punt, with a 70 yard long punt. While it seems odd that he only has one punt inside of the 20 and only 476 yards, that is merely because Norfolk has been absolutely dominating and crushing the other teams in the DSFL. With only 10 punts, of course Melvin’s total stats are going to be low, but when considering Punter of the Year, you shouldn’t only look at total yardage. Additionally, while Melvin has missed field goals, Norfolk has also put their faith in him and he is kicker far more field goals from further away than Daria Guava-Fresca did in the previous season. Attempting more difficult kicks shouldn’t penalize Melvin, but should rather make the case stronger for the faith that his team has in him. Besides, awards committee - you all know what will happen if Melvin doesn’t receive the Kicker of the Year award or Punter of the year Award (along with celebratory cake). Let the death of Daria Guava-Fresca be a lesson to you all. Murder-Moose is coming. You better reward him.

RE: (S24) - PT 3 - Midseason Mania - Yeenoghu - 08-24-2020

At the halfway point of the season, Chicago Butchers' K/P Sam Sidekick deserves a hard look for consideration as ISFL Punter of the Year. Through 7 games, Sidekick boasts a punting average of 51.2 yards, highest in the entire league. This is a particularly impressive feat as Sidekick has the 'Accurate' archetype and can boost his Kick Power no higher than 90--despite this limitation, Sidekick is still ahead of a couple of other players with higher Kick Power TPE investment. When considering Sidekick for this award, I believe it is also crucial to examine the context in which the player is used. It is no secret that the Butchers have gone through some struggles this season on the offensive side of the ball. In fact, at the time of this post, Chicago is the only team that has still not passed 100 points on the season. In an environment where every point is difficult to come by, the punter's job becomes even more important in negating the opponent's starting field position as much as possible. In addition to his punting responsibilities, Sidekick has gone 9/9 on extra points and 11/12 on field goals when called upon in the kicking game. in total, Sidekick has accounted for 43.75% of his team's total scoring, a proportion that ranks 2nd among all ISFL kickers. While he may not have the volume to be considered for Kicker of the Year, he is certainly putting together an impressive punting season that has kept his team fighting in close games.

[Image: z6T8RLT.png]

RE: (S24) - PT 3 - Midseason Mania - Leafs4ever - 08-24-2020

SHL PT Affiliate

RE: (S24) - PT 3 - Midseason Mania - Drizzy - 08-24-2020

SHL PT (username is dankoa)

RE: (S24) - PT 3 - Midseason Mania - Cody - 08-24-2020

Even though the Kansas City Coyotes haven’t had the best start to the season, there are a couple players on our team who deserve consideration for Season 24 awards.

The first player I would like to discuss is our Free Safety Mac Griddle. The stats may not blow anyone away but he’s all over the field and has been the heart of the defense in a tough season. He currently has 1 sack and 2 interceptions but those interceptions helped seal our comeback bid against the Tijuana Luchadores and garnered our only win on the season so far. I only expect Griddle to add a few more sacks and interceptions to his stat line before the end of the season. He should be up there as a finalist for DPOY.

On the offensive side of the ball the Coyote’s Quarterback Reginald Covington III gets the nod here. Here currently leads the league in passing yards and is tied for the lead in touchdowns with 8. The accuracy could use a bit of a bump as he’s just sitting under 60% but his Wide Receivers have had a number of drops that have hurt this number. If the Coyotes can string together a few wins and make a playoff push I think you’ll not only see Covington up there for Offensive Player of the Year but you’ll see his name among the finalists for League MVP.