International Simulation Football League
Sermokala and CLG Punishment - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: League Office (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Punishments (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=279)
+--- Thread: Sermokala and CLG Punishment (/showthread.php?tid=25235)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Sermokala and CLG Punishment - MisObvious - 08-28-2020

(08-28-2020, 04:35 PM)retrospace111 Wrote: it didn’t have to come down to the screenshots being leaked if HO had done their job when it was initially reported... seems like public pressure is the only way to get something done. But, nonetheless, good job on the punishment! Better then what I expected if I’m being honest. Justice was served.

RE: Sermokala and CLG Punishment - Memento Mori - 08-28-2020

(08-28-2020, 04:31 PM)SDCore Wrote: We would also like to address the leaking of private messages in public chats. This behavior is not conducive to a positive league atmosphere, and Head Office reserves the right to step in when these leaks occur. Specifically, we would like to remind members of the community that if you have something of concern, you are urged to contact Head Office directly with this concern. If you feel that Head Office is not approachable or not responsive on a given matter, we would encourage you to reach out to your General Managers or a member of the appeals team, as these figures will also be able to help bring resolution to situations
It got really messy and definitely made some people look bad but I think there's a lesson to be learned from the screenshots going public. The screenshots went public after ISFL HO decided no further action would be taken, and after ISFL HO was pressed to reconsider that decision. I don't want mob justice but I know that some of the users involved did raise this privately through the proper channels. Judging by the reactions on discord the last few days, a lot of the community disagreed with the way ISFL HO handled this. I think something that makes the league more democratic/HO more accountable is needed - I don't claim to know how to solve it though.

RE: Sermokala and CLG Punishment - retrospace111 - 08-28-2020

(08-28-2020, 04:58 PM)shadyshoelace Wrote:
(08-28-2020, 04:49 PM)Frostbite Wrote: [Image: unknown.png]

hey if you read 5 lines down you see that it isnt a threat directed at valor wowzers

~for context they are talking about SJJ when he went crazy

If you read up, it's in response to valor saying SJJ "talked himself out of the league". At no point did valor ask zamir what it was that SJJ said, and zamir adding valor's name to the end indicates it's not just him repeating SJJ's line. Furthermore, the fact that valor responded with "No" and "That's a threat of violence" indicates that it was perceived as hostile language towards valor, and even if it was meant as a joke this league has plenty of precedence for punishments based on things that were intended as "just a joke"
I already apologized jeez what more do you want from me? I thought if I apologized I’m free from any criticism/punishment? I learn from the leaders of the league!

RE: Sermokala and CLG Punishment - Colabear - 08-28-2020

It's there in the post but I'll reiterate, that the appeals team literally exist to hold HO accountable. There's a reason why they're kept completely separate from HO and you can't be in both. They are absolutely the channel you should go to before resorting to posting stuff publicly, because a lot of people got hurt in the fallout from taking that approach.

RE: Sermokala and CLG Punishment - tMuse - 08-28-2020

i will leak frolf dirty panties in general in 2022. mark my words

RE: Sermokala and CLG Punishment - Frostbite - 08-28-2020

wait tMuse no

RE: Sermokala and CLG Punishment - Buttersqauch101 - 08-28-2020

(08-28-2020, 05:30 PM)tMuse Wrote: i will leak frolf dirty panties in general in 2022. mark my words
Dewit

RE: Sermokala and CLG Punishment - Thor - 08-28-2020

I don't for a second regret posting those screenshots, the absolute lack of action from HO was abhorrent given the fact that the incident was originally reported over a month ago.

It took less than a day after the public outcry when shown the details of the offence for HO to see what the problem was and take action, and given at the time I posted them no action had been taken I assumed I was well within my rights to provide the detail. Could I have taken this to HO directly? Sure, but no new information was provided on that day and the user in question who was targetted on this occasion had already taken it directly to HO and received no suggestion that there would be any outcome in this league.

At no point that I am aware of in the past has anyone suggested that the appeals team are available to a user that feels the inaction of HO is something that can be appealed, it has been used to review decisions that HO have made and posted - but as far as I know many users in the league would be unaware they can take issues to appeals without a posting from HO stating a punishment to begin with.

I can greatly appreciate that HO have made this decision, it is the right one despite the time it took to get here, and I would encourage you to take a zero tolerance approach to this kind of situation to ensure users feel safe here in the future.

If people were hurt from the fallout of the screenshots being leaked there, just remember there was ample opportunity to avoid that occuring by taking action and not simply disregarding the original report. If people were hurt by seeing those screenshots, imagine how you'd feel being on the receiving end of those messages.

RE: Sermokala and CLG Punishment - moonlight - 08-28-2020

HO just treaded on CLG Rampage. rip

RE: Sermokala and CLG Punishment - Bauer - 08-28-2020

The mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell