International Simulation Football League
(S24) - PT 4 - Trial by Fire - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S24) - PT 4 - Trial by Fire (/showthread.php?tid=25277)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: (S24) - PT 4 - Trial by Fire - NylarthePhoenix - 08-31-2020

Alex Reed is no stranger to adversity when it comes to his game. Back when he was in college, he originally declared for the University of Alabama. Even though he was the WR1 entering his sophomore season, an injury in Week 3 took him out for the remainder of the season. When he came back for his Junior year, the freshmen that had taken his WR1 spot had impressed enough that Alex slid all the way down to WR3. Instead of staying at Alabama and fighting for the position, Alex left for LSU and had one of the best seasons out of any wide receiver in LSU history. Alex's second round of adversity came after he was drafted to the Myrtle Beach Buccaneers in the DSFL draft. A few months later, Alex learned that he would not be the number one target on the offense. That honor would go to the team's Tight End from last season, Ne Mo. It got even worse on Week 1, where the rookie recorded only two receptions, tieing him for third on the team that night. His single touchdown was the only thing that saved the night from disaster for Alex. Luckily for him, Alex has since bounced back and he didn't have to leave his team to do it. He now has accounted for 264 receiving yards and 5 touchdowns in 21 receptions and leads his class of receivers in both yards and TDs. After a shaky start, the future looks brighter than ever for this emerging superstar.

RE: (S24) - PT 4 - Trial by Fire - JKortesi81 - 08-31-2020

Easton Cole’s “Welcome to the league” moment came in his very first game ever. Starting as a true rookie for the Austin Copperheads, Cole took on New Orleans, and the team would lose 24-17. In that game, Cole threw 3 interceptions which gave the Second Line great field positioning again and again. On top of that, Cole was also sacked 4 times. This was the beginning of a tumultuous start to his career, as the Copperheads would go 0-13, and Cole would throw a whopping 21 interceptions, and only 9 touchdowns. Cole would gain notoriety as an interception machine, as he’d throw 14, 11, 13, 11, and 11 picks between Season 17 to Season 21 before finally having a season with single digit interceptions in Season 22, and even then, it was 9 of them. Of course, even with his turnover troubles, Cole would rebound nicely. He’d go on to lead Austin to the S20 Ultimus, where he would win game MVP honors with a dazzling performance. He also lead Austin back to the Ultimus game in S23 as well. He’s starting to appear on the Top 10 Career lists for Passing stats, and he has a nice chance at making the Hall of Fame. Even with the rough start to his career, Easton Cole persevered and made a pretty good name for himself in the ISFL. (228)

RE: (S24) - PT 4 - Trial by Fire - 124715 - 08-31-2020

Richard D'Attoria V had cruised through his football career for almost his entire life. As a peewee quarterback, he was just faster than everyone else and made the other seven-year-olds look silly. That didn't change in high school either - playing both quarterback and safety, he dominated on both sides of the ball. He switched full-time to safety in college, but that didn't prevent him from quickly earning a starting role. He did well in college, too - both defending against the pass, and as a tackling/box safety against the run. His performance in college and the pre-draft process was just as good, earning him a top-15 selection in the DSFL draft. Once in the DSFL, he didn't stop being a good player, earning a pro bowl trip. And once he got into the big leagues, finally, he made a splash in his rookie season, notching 4 sacks and 3 picks. So where, exactly, did D'Attoria V have this "small fish, big pond" moment? Well, it was that year. He'd done well and had exceeded most of his goals for the season. However, when the award season rolled around, he came a dismal 7th in NFC DB voting, just missing on out on a pro bowl slot. And he finished a disappointing third in DRoTY voting despite having had a better season than the winner Mo Berry. The competition level had increased.

Quote:231

RE: (S24) - PT 4 - Trial by Fire - IsaStarcrossed - 08-31-2020

For Adelie de Pengu, his whole time in the league has been a 'welcome to the league' moment. You see, de Pengu didn't play college ball. He didn't even play high school ball. Before coming to the ISFL, de Pengu had never played a down of football in his life. Why? Well you see, de Pengu is a penguin and not a human. As such he hadn't ever even heard of football until his adoption, or abduction depending on how you look at it, by Bjorn Ironside. As such, everything in the league was new to him. He didn't know what it was supposed to feel like to be good at the sport because he had no point of reference or relevance. He's only in the league to have fun and so far he has been spectacularly average across the board. Perhaps his first real moment that would fit this description was his first game as a Yeti. He had moved up from the Seawolves who had been very accepting of the fact he was a Penguin and had done a ton to accommodate him. Unfortunately the Yeti were not initially ready for this challenge and de Pengu found himself stuck in a snow storm in Antarctica to start the season. He couldn't get out and as such completely missed the first game of the season for the Yeti. It was then they realized they needed to officially set up de Pengu's home away from home so his family could visit him instead of the other way around. He hasn't missed a game since!

RE: (S24) - PT 4 - Trial by Fire - Air Crou - 08-31-2020

"Welcome to the league" moment. Well, Skiuuup hasn't had a long career, only 7 DSFL games, but he has had a lot of moments that remind him where he is. It started at college even. DII Savannah State was the only to recruit him, and his freshman season, he only had 7 receptions over 9 games. Yikes. But then he developped into a stud. And he had high hopes. But the DSFL draft was a huge wake up call. It was a "hope crashing" moment. But Skiuuup grew into such poverty, they once robbed someone who broke into their house to rob them when he was a kid, it didn't demoralize him. He was infuriated, at how wrong were the GMs that passed on him over and over again, letting him slide to the 94th overall pick, where the Dallas Birddogs missed no chance to bring him in. Even then, Skiuup was enraged. "These idiots will regret passing up on me like that", he kept screaming every time his name wasn't called. His living room was filled with glass shards, from the glasses he kept throwing around in frustration. But the Dallas call was what gave him what he wanted. A chance. From DII to the DSFL, and from there, to the ISFL. He threw one lass glass on the wall, screaming "Everyone will regret this..."

RE: (S24) - PT 4 - Trial by Fire - Jimi64 - 08-31-2020

I was fortunate to have a successful prospect bowl, and although I knew that everyone shared the same TPE level, I was still proud of my performance. I was able to rack up a lot of tackles, and my team, the Calgary Cavarly, reached the finals. I was optimistic that my player would translate this success to the DSFL immediately. After all, I was joining the depleted Norfolk linebacker corps with Rusty Rucker, another rookie, so I figured we would both get decent opportunities to make an impact. I turned on that first game very excited to start my campaign for Defensive Rookie of the Year. As it would turn out, I made a very minimal impact. I recording a whopping two tackles, while Rucker recorded five. Sam Roes, rookie defensive lineman, performed best for Norfolk, with seven tackles and five for a loss. To really rub salt in the wounds, a rookie linebacker for Portland, Donald McBobby, recorded stats similar to what I was posting in the prospect bowl: twelve tackles and one sack. We won the game, but I was also disappointed and even jealous of the other rookies. I realized that with TPE adjusted, I wasn’t as good of a player as I’d thought. If I had been successful that first game, there’s a chance I might not be as motivated to earn as I am now. A recent media post cited me as the highest post draft TPE earner of the third round, which may not mean much to others, but I saw it as a testament to the commitment I’ve made since that first game. I am finally making the type of impact I had aspired to, and although I’m definitely not in the running for DROY, I’m proud of my current production.

298 words

RE: (S24) - PT 4 - Trial by Fire - Blasoon - 08-31-2020

My 'welcome to the league' moment was arguably my first conference championship game against the Myrtle Beach Buccaneers in season twenty-one or 2036. It was not for having a truly bad game, hell, throughout all my time in the game, I did not throw a single interception or fumble the ball once. I even ended up with a QB passer rating of 84.2. Rather, this game welcomed me to the league as it filled me with a sense of dread, as if I was close to finding myself out of the league. My self esteem being in a rut over the season, since being picked with the one hundred and eighteenth pick by Norfolk, this game really showed how little of an asset I was to the team, as they only trusted me to make five attempt at throwing the rock. At the end of that disheartening loss, I took it upon myself to train more, and more importantly work on my mental health and get myself in a better position before the start of the next season. Hell, I spent a sizable portion of my offseason working with Franklin Armstrong working on my fundamentals and getting myself ready for the International Simulation Football League Draft. Needless to say, two seasons following that fateful call and plan, I was able to hoist up the franchise's first Ultimini trophy, and a few weeks later, I was hoisting the MVP trophy.

Code:
239 Words

RE: (S24) - PT 4 - Trial by Fire - Opera_Phantom - 08-31-2020

Jay Cue's "Welcome to the League" was incredible. After being drafted by the Arizona Outlaws in season 18, he spent an extra 2 seasons in the DSFL, so his first game in his rookie season only happened in Season 20. The Outlaws traveled to Baltimore, to face the favorite Hawks, but Jay Cue had a masterclass. He threw for 377 yards, 5 (FIVE) TDs and 2 Interceptions, with a Quarterback rating of 117.7. The highly anticipated premiere of the rookie did not disappoint for sure and his league presentation left everyone salivating. Well, maybe not his opponents.
This game gave the impression that the challenge from the DSFL to the ISFL was not very different. Cue had great seasons in the minors, and with 5 TD passes in 1 game, i guess everyone wondered if he adapted incredibly well to the majors.
Unfortunately for him and the Arizona Outlaws, that was probably the best game of his entire career, as he struggles a lot with consistency, never again having such a fabulous game. He has some decent games, that is true, but he also has abysmal ones. For example, this season he managed to get a 28.6 and a 31.8 QBR games, unacceptable numbers at this level.
He still has a few more seasons at the highest level, but his career left a sour taste in everyone's mouths.

(228 words)

RE: (S24) - PT 4 - Trial by Fire - ConnorM123 - 08-31-2020

Xmus has been a leader and top performer throughout his whole football career before being drafted by the seawolves in the DSFL draft. Leading in almost every category possible by a defensive player and also by kick or punt returner with the california state university of Pennsylvania or calvulcans for short. So you can say he has been pretty used to being the best on his team. He started off his DSFL career only amassing a few tackles and the real awakening for Xmus was Week 2 against the Minnesota ducks, that even though it was a blowout for his team he did not contribute at all in that success missing tackles and left the game with nothing. This was a massive realisation for him that he isn't the main guy on this team and they do not rely on him performing to still get a win. This was tough to take and he knew he would have to work to become what he was before. He took a couple days off and returned back to his hometown to visit his old coach and visited his dad's grave where he had an epiphany moment. Remembering everything his dad had told him up to that point about never stopping working. Xmus has not stopped since then working every day and night at the gym and also taking any advice from the veteran players from the team and the league. He has now starting to improve dramatically and currently leads his team in sacks, not just the safeties but the entire defense. After that game, this has fuelled the determination back into him and the stats show the improvement ever since.

RE: (S24) - PT 4 - Trial by Fire - Tylar - 08-31-2020

Timmy Dimbi's Developmental Simulation Football League career is fairly young with only four games under his belt. His "weclome to the league" moment was in his first game, on his first snap. Dimbi tried to out-muscle a Developmental Simulation Football League offensive line, and it did not really work as well as he is used to. The guys in this league are tougher, stronger, faster, meaner and are highly talented. Dimbi had to readjust his game on the fly. In his first game he managed some tackles but was unable to penetrate the offensive line. The change in competition was a big wake up call for Dimbi. Dimbi could not just power his way through the offensive line. The guys in the Developmental Simulation Football League are better. The competition level is not really comparable to college. After only mustering 3 tackles in first first game, Dimbi made some adjustments in the next weeks. Dimbi took that first game as a learning experience and put in more work on the training ground. Three games later Dimbi recorded his first ever Developmental Simulation Football League sack against the London Royals. Dimbi took a rough start and used it to turn himself into a better player. Dimbi has a lot of work still left to do, but he is off to a good start early in his Developmental Simulation Football League career.

Code:
215 Words