International Simulation Football League
*The real Mid Season Offensive Rankings for DSFL - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *The real Mid Season Offensive Rankings for DSFL (/showthread.php?tid=25285)

*The real Mid Season Offensive Rankings for DSFL - deadlunatic - 08-31-2020

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Time for another offensive rankings article with me. I will try to be as biased as possible when ranking people. Mostly only use the numbers, but sometimes I might just like someone better. Sorry, not sorry.

I'll rank offensives as a unit first, then I'll break them down into individual position ranks.

Top Offensive Unit - Mid Season Edition:
Tijuana Luchadores! They have the most points scored by any team. Fifteen points ahead of the number two in points scored. Also, they possess the top two rushing running backs with a top three passing attack. They have some of the best running backs, two great wide receivers, a good quarterback, and a great offensive line. Hard to argue with this ranking. The numbers back it up.

Number Two Offensive Unit:
Norfolk Seawolves. This could have gone to any of three or four teams. There is not another balanced team in the top 3 in both passing and rushing. So, have to pick based off total points scored and who can do both. I picked the Seawolves because they are decent at both. And they have managed to rack up the third most points total.

Number Three Offensive Unit:
Myrtle Beach Buccaneers. They have the top rushing attack, in yardage and rushing attempts. 250 yards ahead of the number two rushing attack with the highest average yards per rush as well. They don't have the most touchdowns on the ground, but still a respectable seven(middle of the pack). Their passing game is mediocre at best, with the fewest attempts with the second fewest yards, but they do have ten touchdowns through the air.

Number Four Offensive Unit:
London Royals. They have the number one passing game of all teams. They lead the league in yards and attempts through the air, coming with the volume is not the best efficiency. But they keep trying to get those air yards. Their rushi

Only going to do the top four for unit offensives or I might be sitting here all day typing about some not great teams.

Personal Player Ranking Time!

Mid Season Top Quarterback Play:
S. Howizter (Portland Pythons): He is not leading the leagues in yards, attempts, passer rating, or completion percentage. But he has thrown twelve touchdowns(tied for first) and only two interceptions. That is by far the best ratio of touchdowns to ints. He has the second highest quarterback ratings in the league with a 91.3(which is really good). He has thrown for 1,192 yards on 124 completions with a completion percentage of 59.9% with a long of 38 yards. Overall, he is doing exactly what you want your quarterback to do, score points and not make mistakes.

Mid Season Number Two Quarterback:
R. Covington III (Kansas City Coyotes): Second most yards and completions with a 61.1% completion percentage. He has thrown for twelve touchdowns and only six interceptions on 129 completions with over 1400 yards. He would be an easy argument for best quarterback at the mid way point if not for the crazy ratio of Howizter. He also has an 88 quarterback rating with a long of 55 yards. Crazy good numbers and could easily move up by the end of the season.

Mid Season Number Three Quarterback:
S. Ramza (Norfolk Seawolves): Still has amazing numbers for so few attempts. currently sitting at 67.5% completion percentage on 110 completions. One of only two quarterbacks above 60% and he is over 5% ahead of the second place guy. Has thrown ten touchdowns now, while his interceptions have gone up to five. I did think he was not on a sustainable pace early in the season. But his numbers are still amazing when you look at the limited number of passes he has attempted. Potential to move up by the end of the season.

Mid Season Number Four Quarterback:
C. Cortez (London Royals): The top quarterback in yards, completions and attempts. He has 1507 yards on 137 completions out of 256 attempts. Makes a completion percentage of 53.5%, with eight touchdowns and five interceptions with a passer rating of 73.5. Overall, a good quarterback that could use a running game to help take some pressure off of him. But they ask him to throw the ball almost every down and the man delivers.

Next Position Mid Season Rankings: Running Back:
Mid Season Number One Running Back:
B. Mills (Tijuana Luchadores): This was somewhat difficult. As there are multiple really good running backs out there. But he leads in total yardage and yards per carry of all running backs. He has 667 yards on 110 attempts for a 6.1 yards per carry average. He has a long of 88 yards and four touchdowns, which could be higher if not for his running back mate who has gotten six touchdowns. So combined they have ten touchdowns and over 1300 yards. He has break away speed, the ability to run inside, outside, basaically he can run any which way and crush it.

Mid Season Number Two Running Back:
C. Theeks (Tijuana Luchadores): The second leading rusher in yards so far, behind only his team mate mister Mills. He is leading the league in touchdowns with six as a running back, while having 653 yards on 131 attempts for an average yards per carry of five with a long of 18 yards. He is the more typical bruiser style back just knocking guys over and carrying them for those important first downs and of course all those touchdowns. Hard tor believe both backs are on the same team. Crazy.

Mid Season Number Three Running Back:
J. Vermillion (Minnesota Grey Ducks): He has the second highest yards per carry average with 5.8, while having the fifth most yards rushing with 629 yards on 108 carries. His longest carry was a crazy 89 yards and he has four touchdowns so far (tied for third most as a running back). He is a good runner with his running back partner doing a solid job, but he is the clear cut number back on the team. As showing from his stats compared to his mates. The running back chart is stacked fullĀ  of great running backs.

Hard to make a list of only three, but I could type for another 6 places on the list of just running backs. Who has time for that?

Next Position Mid Season Rankings: Wide Receiver:
Number One Mid Season Wide Receiver:
J. Campbell (Kansas City Coyotes): He leads the league in total yards and average yards per catch. Hard to argue with his production through seven games. He has 31 catches for 521 yards which makes and average yards per catch of 16.8(Which is insane with that many catches). He has five touchdowns, tied for second most as a receiver, and a long of 55 yards. A truly good receiver on a team where he is the undisputed number receiver for his quarterback.

Number Two Mid Season Wide Receiver:
D. Howlett (Tijuana Luchadores): Second in receiving yards with 513, first in receptions with 38 for an average of 13.5 yards per catch. He also has a long of 28 yards with two touchdowns. It's hard for him, because there are so many mouths to feed on this stacked offense. Four different players have caught receiving touchdowns so far, plus the back have ran in another ten touchdowns. But he still manages to end up with the second most yards! Impressive play, if he can up his touchdowns he can move up a spot.

Number Three Mid Season Wide Receiver:
D. Matthews (Norfolk Seawolves): Fourth in receiving yards with 474 on 34 receptions (tied for third most) with a long of 43 yards and an average yards per catch of 13.9. Great stats, but the kicker is the six touchdowns he has brought down. Damned impressive work. He is the lone main receiver on the team, so while the other team knows he is getting the ball, he still manages to get it and be effective.

Next Position Ranking : Tight End:
Number One Mid Season Tight End:
F. Mitchell (London Royals): Most receiving yards and receptions as a tight end(11th including all receivers), with 32 catches for 297 yards with an average of 9.3 and two touchdowns as well. Great stats for a tight end, who is not their number target in the air, but he still has great value as that check down for the quarterback.

Number Two Mid Season Tight End:
T. Hex (Dallas Birddogs): Another solid tight end. He has managed 27 receptions for 244 yards in seven games. Also not the primary target on many plays, he does a good job being in the right place at the right time.

Next Position Ranking : Offensive Lineman:
Number One Mid Season Offensive Lineman:

C. Stallworth (Kansas City Coyotes): Hard to argue with the sheer volume of pancakes this man creates and eats. He has a solid lead on first place with 43(that is eleven more than second place...) and the guy has not allowed a single sack to date. Crazy monster of an offensive lineman. He is just something else. I think he wants the record for most pancakes ever in a season.

Number Two Mid Season Offensive Lineman:
A. Melliot (Tijuana Luchadores): Would be my candidate for best offensive lineman if not for stallworth killing the pancakes. Melloit is in second with 32(a very good number) and also has not given up a single sack to date. A great lineman with a really bright future in this league. He keeps the quarterback safe and helps the running backs get those yards.

Number Three Mid Season Offensive Lineman:
M. Elephant (London Royals): Another solid lineman, he is ranked third in pancakes with 28 and like the other two on this list has allowed zero sacks so far. This is what makes these three the elite lineman. They do everything they are supposed to, and they do it well. Good thing they got spread around or this could have made one team completely unfair.

That's all for this installment. I don't have enough time to write more right now, so I'll do a new one later in the season and for sure do a season end one going over all the positions and rankings and who is really ready for the next level. Keep balling out and if you disagree with any of my rankings, i'll read what you have to and say smile and not change a damned thing.

RE: The real Mid Season Offensive Rankings for DSFL - Vainknight13 - 08-31-2020

<3