International Simulation Football League
*The first stop for El Hefe - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *The first stop for El Hefe (/showthread.php?tid=25299)

*The first stop for El Hefe - OrbitingDeath - 09-01-2020

The first stop for El Hefe

Hello ISFL, the name is El Hefe, I won’t go into the details of the name but let’s just say this is not the name my parents picked for me at birth. Before enrolling for the DSFL draft I have been playing the guitar in a puck rock band, but I just wanted to do something different with my life, especially now concerts worldwide are being cancelled left and right due to covid 19 regulations. So here I am and ready to rock! I signed up like two weeks ago under the impression the trade deadline would be nearby, but my recruiter was off by a week, but it was a nice way to get to know the league.

So since there isn’t really an early start for me, I had to wait until the trade deadline to actually be approved, so upcoming friday is hopefully when the action will start. But I have not sit still yet. I have opened a signature shop for people wanting a signature to use and had some dope comments of people liking their signatures. I am not a professional by any means, but I just enjoy making stuff like that. So hope to be able to keep doing that and provide signatures to people around the league, either they use em or don’t , at least its fun to do and it pays the bills. If you are interested in getting a signature, free of charge of course as the league pays for it. Request it here: OrbitingDeath Sig Shop

The next stop I did was make a Twitter and followed a bunch of people out of the league, I just randomly clicked buttons as I have no clue who everybody is, but feel free to follow me here:  https://twitter.com/hefe71. For now I have 44 followers out of the 79 people I follow myself, but give me a follow and i’ll hit you up as well. As anything goes for twitter content wise, I’ll try to keep it funny from time to time, or sometimes just go a little bit crazy. But the system is interacting and I believe it does add some nice fun in the league when people interact on eachother. Since I really don’t know many, this might be something that will increase in the future.

So with the trade deadline nearing, I believe I will be a waiver pickup or anything. That current teams can claim players or anything. I actually have no idea if this indeed happens, but somehow I will land on a team. Locker room wise the London Royals already have sent out an invite to join them in there to have a first look, but this definitely is not a sign that they will sign me or anything. But it’s a nice introduction to the people around the league, I got some initial buzz when I joined with people wanting to know who I am and shocked if i tell them my sim league history, but it’s been quiet ever since, so no idea what people think and who is interested in acquiring my services.

The rookie channel is nice to be able to ask questions, so I know what I can and can’t do already until i’m created, so now I know I will miss out on this weeks predictions by like 15 minutes. No big deal as other draftees will have the same. My point task is also pre-written and ready to be posted after league approval. Since it’s in a weekend I’ll have to pre-do stuff as much as possible, as I won’t be able to do much during the weekends.

So let’s have a quick look around the league and see if I can predict which teams are indeed interested in adding me to their roster.

Portland Pythons  POR

Current CB’s:
(S25) - Ben Anabender - CB              TPE: 182
(S25) - Dan Foster - CB              TPE: 201
(S25) - Naman Fletcher - CB              TPE: 65
(S25) - Elijah Torres - CB              TPE: 90
(S24) - John Price - CB              TPE: 67

Looking at the depth at cornerback for the Pythons we see two well earning draftees from this year, so with two actives here it doesn’t look like there would be much interest in getting a young S26 cornerback for their end of season run.

Kansas City Coyotes KCC

Current CB’s:
(S25) - Tyrone Biggums - CB              TPE: 62
(S25) - Clay Clark - CB              TPE: 88
(S25) - Peter Patterson - CB              TPE: 199
(S24) - James Pazos - CB              TPE: 137

I hate to say it as Rehnx is on this team, but get out of the way boy! With two lower earning cornerbacks, it will just be a matter of time before El Hefe will out earn both of them and become a legit starter for the Coyotes. Of course it is only during the stretch run, but so far the best opportunities for playtime are here for El Hefe to make some noise

London Royals LON

Current CB’s:
(S25) - Gavin Leclerc - CB              TPE: 93
(S25) – Swantavius Jones – CB                  TPE: 191
(S24) – Harrison Andrews – CB              TPE: 374
(S23) - Mikel van Perkins - CB              TPE: 318

Yeah, despite their early locker room invite, it looks like their spots for the seasons have been secured. The fourth cornerback might be reachable but the other three are earning so well that El Hefe wont catch up to them soon.

Minnesota Green Ducks MIN

Current CB’s:

(S25) - Jeeeeroy Lenkins - CB    TPE: 159           
(S25) - Curtis Blackshear - CB    TPE: 77       
(S25) - James Gath - CB        TPE: 197
(S25) – Lukas Hinsetzen – CB    TPE: 59
(S24) - Rashad Hilliard - CB                TPE: 272

It’s a better scenario as with the Royals but the 159 for the lowest starting cornerback seems like a stretch to play out of the team. At this point El Hefe starts to wonder if there actually will be room for him in the league , as most teams have two S25 corner backs a draft year before him.

Norfolk SeaWolves NOR

Current CB’s:

(S25) - Charlie Woody - CB
(S25) - Corran West - CB              TPE: 93
(S25) - Dukburg QuakStak - CB              TPE: 221
(S24) - Jordan Waffle - CB              TPE: 57           
(S24) - Rickie Vaughne - CB            TPE: 285

Another team loaded on actives, but horrible backups. The backups are definitly easily reachable, but the two starting corners are out of my reach. I do wonder about Woody, as he didn’t have any tpe behind his name, so I assume this is an inactive creation.

Myrtle Beach Buccanneers BBB

Current CB’s:
(S25) - James Hoffman - CB              TPE: 196               
(S23) - Brennan Kennedy - CB        TPE: 178

Just two cornerback’s here and one of them looks on the inactive side, so perhaps they would choose to play an active over the inactive one. I do see an opportunity here for some playtime, but it all depends on the mentality of the general managers in this league concerning new players.

Tijuana Luchadores TIJ

Current CB’s:
(S25) - Ben Alexander-Arnold - CB      TPE: 156
(S25) - Mason Gillion - CB              TPE: 130
(S25) - Breezy Wallace - CB                         
(S25) – Rich Triplet – CB        TPE:201
(S24) - Nessie Joans - CB

Another team where the players aren’t that high, but far off for El Hefe to make a trade deadline impact. also two players without tpe numbers here so likely  inactives, but the depth would mean there is not much for El Hefe to do.

Dallas Birddogs DAL

Current CB’s
(S25) - Lugolor Gulogor - CB              TPE: 57
(S23) - Byron Blackwell - CB              TPE: 199

Do my eyes deceive me? Is there an actual starting spot available? If my eyes indeed do not deceive me the Dallas Birddogs would look the most favourable destination for El Hefe to land at, he still doesn’t know why birds would look like dogs or vice versa, but if he can play football there, that is all that matters.

So what will be the first stop for El Hefe in his career? Only time will tell, but he certainly will join any team of the above. Playtime isn’t the most important thing yet for him, but he might get to join a team that is ready for a championship, so that would also be a nice accolade for him. We will all find out next weekend as then the waivers should open.

RE: The first stop for El Hefe - Opera_Phantom - 09-01-2020

Getting that money in

RE: The first stop for El Hefe - OrbitingDeath - 09-01-2020

(09-01-2020, 09:10 AM)Opera_Phantom Wrote: Getting that money in

This body doesn't pay for it's own burgers....

RE: The first stop for El Hefe - C9Van - 09-01-2020

My S26 rival. I love it. Get that money!

RE: *The first stop for El Hefe - Bayley - 09-04-2020

Why would you not list me here at least 15 times?

RE: *The first stop for El Hefe - OrbitingDeath - 09-05-2020

(09-04-2020, 08:03 AM)BayleyIsland Wrote: Why would you not list me here at least 15 times?

Because you never even thought about asking me to join you here Sad