International Simulation Football League
*DSFL Teams Ranked Simply On How Much I Like Them - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *DSFL Teams Ranked Simply On How Much I Like Them (/showthread.php?tid=25304)

*DSFL Teams Ranked Simply On How Much I Like Them - Jimi64 - 09-01-2020

1. Norfolk Seawolves: My home. I loved them from the start, I hoped they would draft me, and they did. That’s great beans. We’ve got a great mix of veteran mentors and rookies alike. It was obvious they’d be number one.

2. Kansas City Coyotes: These guys have been the subject of some unfair treatment on social media, but I’ve come to root for them against anybody but Norfolk. We’ve had @Matty7478 as a guest in our locker room due to a charity incentive, and as a KCC representative he’s been a fun presence and a really nice guy. I’m also a Peter Patterson fan. It also doesn’t hurt that I don’t view Kansas City as a threat at all.

3. Minnesota Grey Ducks: Another team that I don’t view as a threat. I guess I feel bad for these guys. I got to know Matt Peterson a bit as a prospect and I thought he was a cool guy. Being a QB is a hard job and I want him to succeed, though this start has been bumpy. I’m also a fan of their colors.

4. London Royals: This is a complicated one. I like their colors and symbol. I think they fit the royal aesthetic. However, I don’t like their open locker room (if other DSFL teams have open locker rooms that I was never in/never knew about, I’m sorry for singling London out). I’m not a fan of huge discord servers. That’s why you’ll most likely never see me in the rookie server or general ISFL one. I much prefer having smaller, more private servers. They make me feel more like I’m on a team. However, I do like Al Ruschmann. He’s a consummate professional and I’d wish for his future success if it was ever in doubt.

5. Dallas Birddogs: Ah, the Birddogs, the talk of the town. I have mixed feelings for this bunch. On one hand, they talk a lot of shit that they don’t back up, which makes them a bit annoying, but on the other hand I think it’s great for the league to have a villain. I really do love to hate them. That’s not to say I hate the players. I met a good bit of them as a prospect, and I probably spent the second most time in their locker room (behind Norfolk of course). I hate the game, not the players. I enjoy the spice they bring to the league, and although I root against them and have more actively negative feelings about them than other teams, at least I have feelings about them at all, which is better than I can say about some of the following teams.

6. Portland Pythons: I don’t have much of a relationship with Portland, but I was told by our locker room that they were our rivals, so that created an immediate dislike. With that being said, I noticed they switched up their colors this season, and I have to say, I think they did a good job. I don’t really know anyone on their team though, and they don’t display much of a culture on social media. Maybe next season they’ll have some more active rookies.

7. Tijuana Luchadores: The strong, silent type. They just jumped us for number one in the conference, so I’m a bit salty. They are similar to my dislikes of Portland, since, as I tweeted before playing them, I couldn’t think of a single player of theirs. I now see Rich Triplet on twitter a bit, but there still isn’t much of a known Tijuana vibe. I view them as our biggest challenge on the road to the Ultimini. I always wish for them to lose, but I still have some respect for them.

8. Myrtle Beach Buccaneers: I don’t understand their color scheme. It doesn’t fit a pirate theme at all. Maybe the pirates are doing acid? When you look at the colors of all the DSFL teams together, MBB is a bit of an eyesore. I also dislike Owen Holloway. I find his playstyle gimmicky and annoying. Maybe I’m no fun for thinking that, but if you wanted to play a position where you are only interested in speed, then you had some other options. Appreciate all the interceptions though. I’m also unhappy that, at 5-2, they are have the same record as Norfolk and Tijuana while sitting at a sneaky third place. I don’t want them to creep up and snatch the one seed when nobody is paying attention. Hoping some losses quickly come their way.

RE: DSFL Teams Ranked Simply On How Much I Like Them - mithrandir - 09-01-2020

Strong silent type, eh? We let our play do the talking. TIJ

RE: DSFL Teams Ranked Simply On How Much I Like Them - Frostbite - 09-01-2020

We pirates may do acid, don't tell HO!

RE: DSFL Teams Ranked Simply On How Much I Like Them - GlimsTC - 09-01-2020

Insane. We let you guys win one Ultimini and now we're not cool enough to be threats? I demand a rematch this Ultimini THIS INSTANT

RE: DSFL Teams Ranked Simply On How Much I Like Them - Faded - 09-01-2020

whatever language you must be speaking must have 8 be a symbol for 1 or else imma start crying

RE: DSFL Teams Ranked Simply On How Much I Like Them - katarn22 - 09-01-2020

Appreciate the kind words as always Jimi, can't wait to see what the future holds for us.

RE: DSFL Teams Ranked Simply On How Much I Like Them - Jimi64 - 09-01-2020

(09-01-2020, 02:10 PM)GlimsTC Wrote: Insane. We let you guys win one Ultimini and now we're not cool enough to be threats? I demand a rematch this Ultimini THIS INSTANT

Hey, that means my top 2 are in the Ultimini! Seems just fine to me

RE: DSFL Teams Ranked Simply On How Much I Like Them - slate - 09-01-2020

Hey, what a coincidence! I'm a Jimi DeSoto fan!

...Although maybe a little less of one after that KCC dig. >Sad

RE: DSFL Teams Ranked Simply On How Much I Like Them - Jimi64 - 09-01-2020

(09-01-2020, 02:44 PM)slate Wrote: Hey, what a coincidence! I'm a Jimi DeSoto fan!

...Although maybe a little less of one after that KCC dig. >Sad

Tongue I really wasn't trying to take a shot! Maybe things will change when we play again