International Simulation Football League
*S26 waiver incoming - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *S26 waiver incoming (/showthread.php?tid=25316)

*S26 waiver incoming - C9Van - 09-02-2020

[This is 2610 words long and ready to be graded]

Well, hello there!

I do not know if you lovely people have seen but soon the trade deadline is fast approaching. With this little insane bombshell that clearly no-one knew at all I thought I would do a little piece of media. I have already made Mr. Forty-Two and waiting for the day it is approved now so I can be picked up on Development Simulation Football League waivers!

I feel I have to have a little disclaimer before this and say that this is just my preference so where I am hoping to get picked up in my waivers. I do not have any influence on any General Manager to my knowledge and would just like to say where I am hoping to go. This is not the same as where I am hoping to be actually drafted in the future Development Simulation Football League draft. This may be just an excuse to do more media but still I hope it shows a few teams that I would like to play for them.

1st choice - Tijuana Luchadores  TIJ

It is fairly simple. If I did have the option of picking wherever I actually could go, it would easily be the Luchadores. I previously played for them and it was by far the most fun I had in the league. I love the locker room. I was Tom Hanks' first ever pick in the draft and I played for them for 2 great seasons and scouted Tight Ends and Wide Receivers the following season. They went onto win the following season as well and I wish I stayed down but hindsight is really twenty twenty.

They have a lot of people I am friends with in other random sim leagues and from just here and being able to join them from waivers would be a treat. I have always been a fan of them since leaving and would love to rejoin the Tijuana Luchadores.

I do not really know if they even want me or need me but that goes for all teams so not really an applicable thing I feel. Being able to help them win another Ultimini in my waiver pickup season would be just amazing to do as then I could be a 2 time Tijuana Luchadore winner. 3 timer if I go full ego with my scouting thing, sure I doubt anyone would ever count that but I am having fun doing it so why not!?

I think I would fit in well to the locker room like I did before and would be great to return home. This is very easily my #1 choice by a decent margin. Like, if it does not happen it is one of those things but I am hoping I can return to Mexico. It also helps Mithy was 1 of 2 people to give me a little advice on what my Running Back full build at max Total Points Earned would look like.

I do not think many people have a mapped end goal of what they want the max minor build to be before even creating the bloody player but thanks to a couple of people I know what monster I want to be making and unleashing in the future. This goes a long way with me as help is not always easy to find.

Always considered this my home and I damn near always will so that is why it is I am mainly hoping the Tijuana Luchadores pick me up!

2nd Choice - Norfolk Seawolves  NOR

If I am being brutally honest about Norwich Seafolk and my 3rd choice. Not much difference between them. I can say both are way higher than every other team I am wanting to play for but both lose to the Tijuana Luchadores in my hopes for a destination. The big reason I have Norfolk as my second overall choice is that the people of Norfolk are people I really like. Scorp is scorp and we have always gotten a long and he seems to have a big history there. Alces from the Super Casual Football Simulation League or Murder Moose as she is seemingly known here is just a lovely human being who I like chatting with. Not to mention in the Development Simulation Football League rookie discord someone called Tesla writes pretty great highlights and seems cool.

I think they have a handful of other people I like or get a long with really well that seems to give me the impression I would like to be in that locker room to have fun. Cause that is what this is about overall. So if they picked me up, why not try gun for the back-to-back for them? 

My memory of the Seawolves the last time I was an actual rookie was slightly indifferent about them. Back then they were a bot team I think? I could be mis-remembering that and it was some other team but I never hated nor loved them. Since then they have been a pretty good team so it would not be the end of the world.

3rd choice - Myrtle Beach Bucs  BBB

So it is the former Solar Bears team that sadly lose out to Norfolk in terms of hoping to get picked up by. This team has a lot of pros to me but ultimately more cons than the Seawolves which is why they finish 3rd and not 2nd. Easily, EASILY, comfy 3rd though for me over the rest mind.

I guess I will start with the negatives since I would like to get them out of the way. I really do not like the logo. I dunno if it is because of the colour scheme or something but I just do not like it and usually I fucking LOVE pirate stuff. I also have no idea where Myrtle Beach is off top of my head since I ain't american.

Okay, just googled it and it is in South Carolina apparently or I assume this team is. I have actually travelled to South Carolina and Charleston is a great city. But just makes me wish they picked Kiawah Island instead cause that island is just fucking amazing to stay in. A tad expensive but it has 1 of the best hotels in North America so I think it was worth it.

Anyway, the pros! Why would I like the Bucs if I the other 2 really did not want me? Well, it is simple. Thor recently helped me decent my max Running Back build as well. He did not need to but like I said earned, this goes a long way with me. They also have a decent record so I think that helps my decision cause a cheap Ultimini would do me quite nicely.

Now full disclosure. The biggest 2 reasons I like them as 3rd choice is cause they killed the fucking Polar Bear team which was a god awful team name and design and cause the remaining teams are destinations I am really hoping I do not get pick up in waivers. 

4th choice - Kansas City Coyotes KCC

God this is getting hard for me now. If I am being brutally honest the Kansas City Coyotes get 4th via default. I genuinely do not want to burn any bridges here nor upset anyone cause I like your logo. Always have. But I genuinely cannot think of anyone off top of my head that is a Coyotes player. I just do not think we have interacted at all. Because of this memory loss or lack of knowledge I default back to when I was a new fresh babby in the league. It is the only real experience I have and that is not a pretty thing at all.

The Coyotes back then were a joke...Like...Really bad. I still do not think you lads have won a title but you stopped being the Portland Pythons' bitch by the looks of it which is great. I never feared the howl cause back then you were not a competitive team. Things are however completely different these days and I am glad to see them be in a better position and seemingly have a few people be proud members of Kansas City. Like that shit appeals to me. Helping you in a tiny way to win your first Ultimini is quite appealing but it was back when I was originally getting drafted and you guys snubbed me which sucked. 

I probably was very harsh on you in my above statements but I usually am and always have been with Development Simulation Football League teams that are garbage. There just is nothing that would make you want me to join right now past great record and maybe proving me wrong over the above 3 but I would happily take you over the other 4 in a heartbeat. Please do not hate me <3

5th choice - Portland Pythons  POR

Oh lord. This'll probably burn minor league bridges but I feel honesty is the most important thing. Back in S15 to about S17 I did follow this league very closely. The one team I respected and at times feared more than any team we faced was the Portland Pythons. Cause what a team they were. A rich history, some amazing players have come from this team and overall I loved playing them. Also got my Ultimini against them which always helps!

The big thing I remember is the rivalry between Kansas City Coyotes and Portland Pythons with how they hated each other. I god damn love that shit. They usually dicked the Kansas City Coyotes when I was following.

Now I stop following the minors and come back to see the Kansas City team are a respectable title contender who now can back up the words 'Fear the howl' and the Pythons have a weird worm...White poop?...Ubisoft logo? Err...A weird logo and are drafting 17 Tight Ends in a draft. I just...Do not get it if I am honest. I guess it is working for you now that you are 5-4 but this is not the Portland Pythons I liked and I hate change in general with life so alas. Not really somewhere I want to go on waivers. Wish you luck though and it is not like I hate you or any team. I just have my preferences.

6th choice - London Royals  LON

God talk about London bridge burning down. I need to start with the positives cause I need to assure this nice team I do not hate them. I like your General Managers. It meant a lot to me that you would invite me to your locker room and whilst I did feel like it was a bit hard to talk in there since I was not an official player for you I do like a good few people from that team and I REALLY like your logo.

The biggest issue I have, past me not thinking I would be active in the locker room, is that you are from London. Literally one of the biggest turn offs for this team and I am genuinely sorry that is the case. I am actually english if anyone did not know and that is probably why I hate that shithole of a city. 

Fun little fact for you all, before covid hit I travel the world a lot. The most expensive place (Trust me I have been to some bullshit expensive places too) by a country mile is and probably always will be London. Could not believe it.

Sure it has some lovely tourist sight seeing players for tourists to take weird selfies with but overall the bloody muppet Prime Minister lives there, traffic is just the worst, expensive and the child pedo Prince Andrew is there too. Some rich football history there and cool celebrities also live in london and great places to it in its defence but not enough for me to really save how much I hate London. 

God I could genuinely write about this for another hour and that is not fair on this cool team. Usually I do not mind playing for anywhere in the world or being picked up by interesting cities but I dunno if I could play for London. Probably a dick move and I should just say "Man they toxic!" or "They won't win the Ultimini so do not pick me up" but its just the London thing. I am so sorry. I do love the people on it though, you were welcoming.

7th choice - Dallas Bird dogs DAL

You play in blue. Blue is my favourite colour. That is all I know about this Dallas team. Do not know any players off top of my extremely limited knowledge of users currently on Dallas. The 3-6 record does not help the case either. I won't lie. The appeal of winning a cheap Ultimini is quite nice so that hurts and I whilst I now know what a Bird dog is supposed to be I do not massively like the nickname.

The other issue is Dallas. Nothing against Dallas, lovely placed but I think Development Simulation Football League with Texas I think San Antonio Marshalls. The worst ever team to play in any simulation league. Quite the statement to make but I have every team of failure they ever had to back that up. Would feel a little weird to play for a texas team I think. This is purely for waivers though and talks for the draft may go super well and this place may appeal more to me in a few weeks but since we have no interactions either I do not really want to be picked up. I am sorry <3 I hope you lads prove me and the league wrong and win all remaining games and dick the play-offs though.

8th choice - Minnesota Grey Ducks  MIN 

I actually really fucking love this logo. Like, I dunno why but I just dig the team design. I think Woelkers made this team and he did a great job rebranding for sure. I have absolutely nothing against this team. To my limited history knowledge of me playing in majors this team has been really good. I just cannot bring myself to play for the team that was the San Antonio Marshalls. 

Completely different team and maybe the General Managers can talk to me during the draft to say how they ain't that team anyone. But we have not really talked at all and these are the reasons this is the last place I hope to get picked up. Nothing personal, I just do not like the Marshalls as much as the ultimini trophy hated them.

Conclusion  DSFL

This is a small ending disclaimer of just my personal opinion. I do not hate anyone whatsoever on any team. Just a few small things I like, respect or love more to give me the opinions I have and who I hope picks me up in waivers soon. This is not the same thing as being drafted so I hope no-one gets upset. I would also like to say I am going into the major leagues with neutral opinion on teams and this is the most biased I am going to get most likely. I am just hoping to help a team get an Ultimini in waivers if I can or go to somewhere I know I would love. Also, this gives me an excuse to write 2500 words. 

I hope this helped and I hope to be playing in a Development Simulation Football League near you soon. Until next time <3

RE: S26 waiver incoming - shadyshoelace - 09-02-2020

SA SA SA

RE: S26 waiver incoming - DarknessRising - 09-02-2020

MIN MIN MIN

RE: S26 waiver incoming - C9Van - 09-02-2020

(09-02-2020, 03:39 AM)shadyshoelace Wrote: SA SA SA

Hey, don't dump your trash in my media! >Sad

lol

RE: S26 waiver incoming - Baron1898 - 09-02-2020

SA SA SA

RE: S26 waiver incoming - deadlunatic - 09-02-2020

TIJ TIJ TIJ TIJ TIJ TIJ TIJ TIJ TIJ TIJ

RE: S26 waiver incoming - BenDover - 09-02-2020

[Image: 692469332021739531.png?v=1]

I swear we arent that bad. SASASA

RE: S26 waiver incoming - Jimi64 - 09-02-2020

Would love to have you in Norfolk! NOR

RE: S26 waiver incoming - Swanty - 09-02-2020

As a Londoner who plays for the Royals, definitely respect your reasoning!

RE: S26 waiver incoming - Starboy - 09-02-2020

Quote: But I genuinely cannot think of anyone off top of my head that is a Coyotes player. I just do not think we have interacted at all.

Armor King crying in retirement